APRIL 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APRIL 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

Hey guys! Wow... the year is just flying by! I remember sitting down at New Year's thinking "not much has happened lately" and all of a sudden, I find myself in April, having sold my house, getting ready for another overseas trip, and making big changes in my business... so much! I've been super excited about this year's monthly SCRAP IT | 2018 challenge series here at TDP, though -- because it's a fun and EASY way to get all the big moments down on "paper" (so when I arrive at the end of the year, I'll have an awesome album of beautifully scrapped memories to look back on).

Here's how it works (although, if you're already been participating... you've likely gotten the idea by now!).... each month in 2018 there will be a new SCRAP IT | 2018 challenge posted. Participants will document the previous month using the FREE TEMPLATES we provide. If you've been playing along so far, you already have a cover page (or pages), your January spread, and your February spread scrapped. So now it's time to add March to the book!

The challenge for this month is to scrapbook March's events in a 1- or 2-page spread using the FREEBIE templates shown here...

DOWNLOAD HAS EXPIRED
    (this set is now available in the shop here at TDP, however... if you missed it and want to go back and grab it to catch up!)

IN ORDER TO GET CREDIT FOR APR'18 -- YOU MUST USE AT LEAST ONE OF THE 'MARCH 2018' FREEBIE TEMPLATES (SHOWN ABOVE) TO CREATE A 1-PAGE *OR* 2-PAGE SPREAD IN WHICH YOU ARE DOCUMENTING MARCH 2018 *OR* MARCH OF ANY PREVIOUS YEAR (IF USING THIS PROJECT TO GO BACK AND SCRAP PREVIOUS YEARS, ETC.). YOU CAN MIX ONE OF THE MARCH 2018 TEMPLATE FREEBIES WITH ANY PREVIOUS SCRAP IT | 2018 FREEBIE (SO FOR THIS MONTH, THAT WOULD BE (A) THE COVER TEMPLATES, (B) THE JANUARY TEMPLATES, OR (C) THE FEBRUARY TEMPLATES) ...IF THE PREVIOUS TEMPLATE(S) WORKS BETTER FOR YOUR PHOTOS -- BUT -- AT LEAST ONE OF THE 2 MARCH TEMPLATES (THIS MONTH'S FREEBIE) MUST BE USED, IN ORDER TO GET CREDIT.

It's time to be creative! You can adjust the templates to suit your needs, just make sure they are still easily recognizable to get credit for the challenge.

For some inspiration, I'd like to share the two pages I made for my month of March...

Credits: Anita Designs "Good Day Sunshine" and Dunia Designs "Essentials"

THE RULES:
    • Your must use at least one of the two SCRAP IT | 2018 "March" templates (download link above; available thru the end of 4/30/2018).
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on April 30, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project (please use the bbcode to link 'em up so we can leave you some gallery love!).
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the APRIL TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!
    I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Happy scrapping!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 05-01-2018, 02:43 PM.

thank you for the templates

Comment

Love these templates; thanks!

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice, Pups_r_Paps ! I like how you put a background behind each card... I've been leaving that blank but it looks really nice that way! Thanks for playing.

This is going to be my first post. I was very much inspired by the template and I had a very busy March

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Aw this is wonderful! I love the newsprint background and how you popped out the entire block of pockets. Really nicely done. Also love the outline around March.

Thanks for another month of fabulous templates..... here's mine:

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        These are wonderful! Love the chevrons behind the title and your second page comes together really nicely with just the right amount of embellishment!
        Thanks for playing!

I have two for my album- Loving how it's turning out!

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it! I especially like the kids holding up fingers for what I assume are their ages. That's creative! Thanks for playing along!

My first time posting in TDP Forum! I loved this template, and I've already used all my March 2018 photos, so I went back to 2015. Hope that is ok! Thank you!

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the TDP Forum! Your pictures are so great... you captured some great details... love it! Thanks for playing along!

Thanks for the great templates. Here's mine:

Last edited by jang; 04-09-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow - pretty cool with the one picture across all segments! Thanks for playing!

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Aww look at all those fuzzy friends! Love it! Thanks for playing along on this challenge!

I love templates and these were so fun to use. Thanks for the push to complete a two page spread.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-break&cat=519

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-break&cat=519

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooooh I love those red rocks, I think I've been there! I'm sorry to hear about Savannah, hope she's doing better. Looks like you still got a little fun in your trip. Thanks for playing along - great pages!

Love the templates, thank you so much!
      Last edited by pbrooks; 04-20-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that background picture... love that it's close up and huge and then your little lady is sort of a focal picture... you pulled that off wonderfully! Thanks for playing!

• pbrooks
        pbrooks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Shannon!

ok, I am finally getting caught up with this! I am finding it hard to keep the elements to a bare minimum, but I love the way that helps me get things done!

Last edited by corrin; 04-20-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        So fantastic, Corrin! I love both pages! That first one is my favorite... love that you spanned two spaces with one photo. Your textured paper breaks things up nicely in that diamond shape... thanks for playing!

I ended up needing a few more spaces than the March title template provided, so I copied what I needed from the other March template and pasted it on the first one. So 0.5 + 1.5 = 2 pages.

Comment

this was my march, well not in the true sense of the word
        --- ASTRID ---

Comment

Using retiring goodies by Rachel Hodge & Dunia Designs.

Comment

Working...
          X