JANUARY 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JANUARY 2018 CHALLENGE | SCRAP IT 2018

WELCOME TO THE FIRST MONTH OF SCRAP IT | 2018!

I hope that 2018 has been excellent for you so far!

If one of your New Year's resolutions was to get more scrapping done in 2018... we have a great way to help you achieve that goal: our new SCRAP IT | 2018 challenge series, which will run each month throughout the entire year!

Here's how it will work -- each month, there will be a new challenge posted... to scrap a two-page spread documenting the previous month using FREE TEMPLATES that we will provide. Easy peasy, right?!

There's only one catch -- each month's free template set will ONLY be available for that month. So you have to keep up-to-date! The good news is that the templates will make it really, really easy to do that (and then, at the end of the year, you'll have an album all completed and ready to go!).

The challenge for this month is just a single page -- the cover -- and you can choose from either of these gorgeous templates. Or... you can create a front AND back cover (using the same template... or using one of each... it's totally up to you!)...

DOWNLOAD HAS EXPIRED
    (this set will be available in the shop here at TDP as of 2/2/2018, however... if you missed it and want to go back and grab it to catch up!)

I'm already super stoked about this challenge series, as I'm one of those people who appreciates the extra boost to maintain momentum for month-in-review-style pages.

I had so much fun making this cover page for my SCRAP IT | 2018 album! I also used one of my favorite TDP Designer Collabs -- Office Space...

Other members of our awesome creative team here at TDP have also jumped at the chance to make cover pages, as well. Here's one from CT member Stefanie... using Brighter Days by Anita Designs.

*NOTE* the "2018" word art number on Stefanie's page is included with both of the templates, as well, as an alternate option to the text-based version you see on my page, above.

And here's yet another page... this time, from CT member Hillary using All Boy by Dawn by Design...

And lastly, here's the page that CT member Corrin made using January 2018 Special Edition goodies from Meagan's Creations & Rachel Hodge.

You can see from those last two sample pages that you can totally make this template your own. I hope that you're as excited for this challenge series as I am. I can't wait to see how it unfolds!

THE RULES:
    • Your must use one of the SCRAP IT | 2018 cover templates (download link above; available thru the end of 1/31/2018).
    • Your layout must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on January 31, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread with your project (please use the bbcode to link 'em up so we can leave you some gallery love!).
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the JANUARY TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 02-01-2018, 12:34 PM.

amazing ! great templates, thank you

Comment

really loved playing with it

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Loving all the circles, and the circles on the paper too! Thanks for participating!,
        Last edited by caliten; 01-06-2018, 04:44 PM.

Totally playing! Here's mine:

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the happy, bright colors you chose for your cover, Shannon!!

I'm going to play along too! Here's my cover:

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the words arts Amie! And the colors and that sparkly alpha are awesome too!

Thank you for these great templates! I love the idea!
      Julie

Comment

thanks for the Template. Great idea !

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs - Sahin Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

I love this so much. I haven't kept up my books the last 5 years and this is motivating me to think I can do this year and maybe one other year and make some progress. I even lost my login to this account, I guess, so all my previous things are gone, but I'm looking forward to a new start. Thanks so much!!

Comment

• caliten
            caliten commented
            Editing a comment
            Hooray for motivation, but boo to losing things. Did you just misplace your password or is your entire account gone? Maybe someone in Customer Service can help? Hillary ??

• Hillary
            Hillary commented
            Editing a comment
            Try sending your info to us in the Contact Us link at the bottom and we will see if we can help!

Here's my cover

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs - Sahin Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• caliten
            caliten commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, Anne, I love that you've gone almost totally monochromatic. This is stunning!!

Not new to digital scrapbooking, but new to TDP.... decided to jump in on this one. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep it up as the year progresses. (Thanks for the template!)

Comment

• Hillary
            Hillary commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to TDP, we hope you like it here! I love the colors that you chose for your cover page. <3

• caliten
            caliten commented
            Editing a comment
            I love how you dressed up your layout with lots of extra embellishments. Thanks for participating!

I love this template for the cover of my 2018 album that will be mostly about ME!

I used the 8 o'clock kit by Meg designs and kept it very simple.

Comment

• caliten
            caliten commented
            Editing a comment
            Simple, yet awesome, Kim! I hope that your 2018 is excellent and amazing, and also well documented! You're off to a great start.

Great idea for 2018! Here's one from me.

Comment

• caliten
            caliten commented
            Editing a comment
            I love all the little details and pops of color you've incorporated, Barbara!

Here is mine - I had a problem putting the credits on the gallery page since it wouldn't let me cut and paste and they all ran together. Not sure how to fix it!

Comment

• caliten
            caliten commented
            Editing a comment
            First off, I love all the different colors you've used. I'm secretly hoping that you're going to make each of these squares come to life again in one of the monthly spreads.

As for the credits .... here's my technique: I write the kit name and designer name, then highlight the kit name. I copy the url of the product in the TDP shop (the url in the bar at the top of the screen), then click the Insert/edit Link icon (it's the second one from the left in the middle row) and paste the URL into the box that pops up. Click okay to close the popup, then back on the main upload screen, just hit enter at the end of each line to start a new one.

Modifying the links from the second upload screen requires a different strategy since you can only see the html code instead of the upload GUI. The basic format for the link should be [ url = http : // put the whole product link to the TDP shop here ] whatever words you want to show for the link [ /url ], but without the spaces, or to show the url, [ url ] product link [ / url ]. To make each credit be it's own line, add < p > at the beginning of the line and < /p > at the end of the line. I personally find working with the html code to be ... not my favorite thing, and it's easier to just submit the pages to the gallery, then use the Edit Photo option for each page (lower right corner of the screen) to bring up the credits text and submission box, and make modifications from there.

Looking again at your credits, I think that if you click on Edit Photo, and just put spaces or hard returns after each url it should at least break that last link into a bunch of separate ones. I hope this helps. Please let me know.
            Last edited by caliten; 01-28-2018, 11:11 AM.

I LOVED Corrin's simplified version of the template above and used it as inspiration for my page.

Comment

• caliten
            caliten commented
            Editing a comment
            I too love @corrin's version, and yours! And I think your siggy is awesome too.

• corrin
            corrin commented
            Editing a comment
            aww thank you ladies! Yours looks fantastic too Desi!

I love this idea. This is a great start to (hopefully) completing a 2018 photobook. Thanks for the template!

Comment

Working...
          X