JANUARY 2018 CHALLENGE | JOURNALING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JANUARY 2018 CHALLENGE | JOURNALING

Hello there and welcome to this month's JOURNALING CHALLENGE.

It is no secret that I love journaling even more than I love multi-photo layouts. I find it very easy to wax lyrically about almost any topic. I do understand that not everyone does though, but let's be honest that's what makes this a challenge. You can do it, though! Your new creation needs to include between 80 and 100 words, not including the title. This does not need to be extensive or "essay length". You are free to journal in any style you choose (options include using paragraphs or lists etc.).

The benefit of adding some good journaling? Well, we always think that we will remember the details of the event that we scrapbook forever -- the who, where, what, and why... but as the years pile on, those little details get buried and ultimately forgotten if you do not write them down. Try to capture the story for memory keeping's sake.

With my photos I could have journaled about our recent travels and how tiresome the flight was, how crushed we felt and so travel weary. The boring airline food or the movies and series I watched. Instead I thought about how the photos made me feel, what I was thinking about and made it more about finding the good and a reminder to enjoy my life.

Here are the rules for this challenge:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital of hybrid layout, etc.) that includes 80 to 100 words, excluding the title.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products, and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on January 31, 2018.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the JANUARY TRACKING THREAD
    • Enjoy it, see where it takes you.
    Last edited by Stefanie; 01-05-2018, 04:17 AM.

I used a long status that I posted on social media a few weeks ago. I have been wanting to save it for my album

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, I totally take my hat off to you and am so blessed that my challenge was what spurred you to get this memory shared. Well done!

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw this layout in the gallery and was totally blown away. I want to scrapbook like this too! The comment about wanting to touch my poop is just delightful. I remember how it was when my children were smaller.

I am a fan of journaling, so thank you for hosting this challenge!

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovely to see you playing along with the challenges here too, Donna. Awesome layout, love the photos around the edges and then the heart of the story smack in the centre where it belongs. Just perfection.

There are exactly 81 words on this page. Lol! I actually LOVE journaling, and tend to over write...but it just wasn't needed for documenting this one afternoon date!

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      My goodness how intriguing, I want to try both coffees now too. The photo you have is stunning. Hope your return visit ended with coffee that was even better! Thanks for playing along with my challenge this month.

Ah ha! A perfect challenge for a page I wanted to make anyway... here's one that documents all the books I read in 2017.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Simply fabulous. While I was slow last year, I have 2 done already this year so Yay to us both! Thanks for playing along with my challenge.

Keeping it real...

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Can I ask what font you used? Love your page!

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Fabulous, love the handwritten font, the messy photo design and the wonderful layering of elbellies. Life is messy and I admire you for recording it so beautifully here.

Thanks for the challenge. Here is mine...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_1219_1493984925478_763[/ATTACH]

Comment

Here's one from me:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X