MARCH 2017 CHALLENGE | 3-FOR-3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARCH 2017 CHALLENGE | 3-FOR-3

Hi there! I am delighted to be hosting my first challenge here at The Digital Press this month -- the 3-FOR-3 CHALLENGE!

It's March... the 3rd month of the year. I love the number three. I have three children, I grew up in a house #3, and the first house we bought was #3.

So for this month's 3-for-3 challenge, you must create a page/project in which you use:
    --3 different photos
    --3 different papers
    --3 different types of fasteners (such as staples, stitches, buttons, washi, flairs etc)
    --3 different alphas
    ...additionally, for anything else that you choose to use, like a flower, you must use that exact item three times on the page, as well.

Everything must come in 3's!

Here's a look at the page I created...

You can see from my example that I used three different photos, three different patterned papers (although you may use solid or plains as well as patterned as long as there are three in total) and three fasteners ( black stitching, a button with a bow and a photo anchor). The I added a paper flower, small neutral flower and paint, and used them exactly as is three times) My title is made up of three different alphas.

Here are the rules for the challenge:
    • Your creation must have three (3) of everything you happen to use on your page. 3 different photos, 3 different papers, (you may use three solids, three patterns or three mixed, or three of each) 3 different fasteners, 3 different alphas, anything else that you add, like a flower, must be used 3 times - that exact flower.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products (other than any physical supplies you need), and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm ET on March 31, 2017.
    • Once you've loaded your project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread ... copy the URL to that post and add it to the MARCH 2017 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Get your mojo going and have some fun!
    Last edited by Stefanie; 03-03-2017, 10:25 AM.
    proudly creating for The Digital PressCo, Get it Scrapped, KimB, Monthly Chronicles, and LJS Designs.

Stefanie Is it allowed to use 2x3 papers, so 6 instead of 3? I have 3 patterned and 3 solid.... Thanks for your response!

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I am going to guess that three solids and three patterned papers are ok, but will check and confirm.

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Vrielinkie - you CAN go ahead and use three solids and three patterned papers.

very interesting

Comment

Thanks, Stefanie!

Comment

Ok...
        • 3 solid papers
        • 3 patterned papers
        • 3 flag tags
        • 3 hearts
        • 3 word bits
        • 3 clusters with 3 flowers each including 3 leaves
        • 3 alphabet/fonts
        • 3 ribbons
        • 3 buttons

Comment

• Stefanie
          Stefanie commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow she is awesome. Love the wonderful photos and amazing memory keeping.

Okay, let's see if I can remember them all.....

- 3 different photos
        - 3 patterned papers
        - 3 solid papers (background, in the title alpha(s) and in the flags)
        - 3 different fasteners (brad, staple & stitch, each used 3 times)
        - 3 alphas (each letter in the title TRY is from a different alpha)
        - 3 different fonts (exclusive of the fonts used in the title)
        - 3 round stickers
        - 3 rectangular labels
        - 3 tags
        - 3 flags
        - 3 sequins
        - 3 'coffee stain' splatters
        - 3 stamped hearts

oh, and essentially, only 3 colors used in addition to black and white.

Comment

• Stefanie
          Stefanie commented
          Editing a comment
          Fabulous! Love the photo series and the expression! Wonderfully captured and documented.

Here's one from me. Everything in 3's.

Comment

• Stefanie
          Stefanie commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome, I love the trendy aqua colour paired with the happy sunshiney yellow. Great take on the challenge.

Here's mine:

Comment

• Stefanie
          Stefanie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for playing along, love the monochromatic vibe you have going, allows the book covers to just pop!

Comment

Working...
        X