NOVEMBER 2016 CHALLENGE | BINGO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOVEMBER 2016 CHALLENGE | BINGO

Yay for November! Hip hip hooray for a new BINGO challenge!

I love these because you have so MANY options for your layout! The challenge is to choose any vertical or horizontal line -- or one of the 2 diagonal lines -- from the bingo card & then create a layout by following the rules/instructions in your line!

Here is a layout that I created using the horizontal line starting with the "Gratitude-themed page" (4th row down from the top)...

Here are the rules of this challenge:
    • Your layout must use the bingo card (choose one row, column, or diagonal -- and include all of those requirements on your project) & please indicate which line you chose in your comment in this thread.
    • Your creation must be made using 100% TDP products and must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm ET on November 30th, 2016.
    • Once you've loaded it into the CHALLENGE GALLERY, leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your project here in this thread... copy the URL to that post and add it to the NOVEMBER 2016 TRACKING THREAD.
    • Have fun!
    Last edited by Scrapsandsass; 11-04-2016, 10:42 PM.
    --- KIMBERLEE ---

I have a question Scrapsandsass. Do stamps of words or quotes or journaling cards with words (a single word or short phrase) count as word art, or by 'word art' do you mean only the little little strips of paper with a word written on them?

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
      Scrapsandsass commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't *just* mean little strips of paper. You can use all different sorts of word art... including the little strips, but all the others too.

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the clarification, Kimberlee. Scrapsandsass

So, after all that, I ended up finding three word arts that worked with my page. I did the far right (vertical) column.

This one may need a little explanation. My sister had her heart not just broken but shattered and then stomped on early this year. Her only solace was literally riding 50 miles or more (in a single stretch) on her road bike (you know, those really serious spandex-clad bikers you see out on the weekends on their crazy carbon fiber bikes, yeah, that kind of bike ride), and I'm pretty sure she cried all the way. But then she read an article about the 'revenge body' and totally took it to heart. She started running, then decided that she wanted to do a half Ironman (if you're already riding 50 miles, what's 6.2 more, and why not throw in a mile-plus open water swim and top it off with a half marathon. Sounds like fun, right?), signed up and started training. Since this was a very cathartic thing for her (the grueling training 5-6 days per week, most days with both morning and evening workouts), she documented it in photos and quotes that she posted daily on Facebook and Instagram. The photos on this page are hers. I'm actually working on an album for her that includes all her daily posts, as well as a bunch of filler cards I've been working on. She doesn't know I'm doing it either, so it'll be a huge surprise at Christmas. Oh, and the song lyrics, they're from Shout Out To My Ex by Little Mix, a song my sister stumbled across in the past month or so, that perfectly sums up where she's at now (finally).

Last edited by caliten; 11-03-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      wow, I can't EXACTLY saw I envy her (the heartbreak or the the gruelling training), but this sounds like a great project to do! And I love all the motivating quotes and bits of pink to have it a little bit girly too!

• Scrapsandsass
      Scrapsandsass commented
      Editing a comment
      This is awesome!!!!! What a wonderful gift.

here is my page, I chose a diagonal line from top left to bottom right (a dozen flowers, journaling in list form - the middle bit of journaling is a list - free space and I used a heart, stitches and six buttons).

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
      Scrapsandsass commented
      Editing a comment
      Love this. Such wonderful journaling. I love "pester power" because I totally can understand that. LOL. Great page.

I did the top row:
    A dozen Flowers, Pet Photos, Four pieces of washi, 10 lines of journaling (including the wordart) & Pocket page
    proudly creating for The Digital PressCo, Get it Scrapped, KimB, Monthly Chronicles, and LJS Designs.

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
      Scrapsandsass commented
      Editing a comment
      Yay! I'm glad someone did a pocket page. This is great!!

Still frantically trying to finish my wedding scrapbook before Christmas! I did the center horizontal line - patterned background, kits from three designers, round photo, 3 word arts

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
      Scrapsandsass commented
      Editing a comment
      So cool! I love seeing how fabulous it all looks from 3 designers. Very nice.

I did the top row: dozen flowers, pet photos, washabi tape, 10 lines of journaling and pocket page

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
      Scrapsandsass commented
      Editing a comment
      Awwww... so pretty. Love all of those pictures. Cat pictures always make me smile.

I did the last horizontal row:

Pocket Page
    Song Lyric (To Grandma's House We Go on tag)
    Ink Splatter
    3 Word Arts (2 word strips & 1 card)
    6 buttons

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
      Scrapsandsass commented
      Editing a comment
      Super cute and fun! You're so clever. I love the bright colors and happiness on this page.

gratitude, glitter, stamp, stiches, paint splatter
    --- CELESTE ---

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
      Scrapsandsass commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the paint splatters and stamping. Great page and photo!

gratitude theme
    glitter
    stamp
    stitches
    paint splatter
    Proudly scrapping for FranceM and River-Rose

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
      Scrapsandsass commented
      Editing a comment
      Awwwww... precious! What a pair. I love the glittered border!

G column
    This is the one I lifted:

and mine:

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
      Scrapsandsass commented
      Editing a comment
      Yay! I'm glad to see a lift. Great page. I love all of the inky, stampy goodies.

My page using the second row:

Comment

I used the vertical middle line

Comment

Working...
      X