• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AUGUST 2016 | DIGI MORPH MEDAL ROUND

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUGUST 2016 | DIGI MORPH MEDAL ROUND

Congratulations Corrin, Melissa (melscrap), Celeste, Stefanie, and Judith (chigirl) on your amazing first round on the digital morph challenge! All team layouts were scraplifted and passed along from one team member to the next in a mere 48 hours. Forty-eight hours!! That fast turnaround time has earned you all a spot in our medal round and a chance to win prizes from The Digital Press. So how is the medal round going to work? Let me explain ...

In the first round of the morph, you competed against other teams, five on five. In this round, you're competing against each other. While there is still a speed requirement (the maximum time allotted for you to complete your layout is 48 hours), you will not be passing your page onto anyone else. Well, except me. A panel of independent judges will look at your layouts to determine the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. What will the judges be looking for? The premise of a digital morph is a scraplift, right? Well, we want you to take that as far as you can; push the boundaries! Morph that layout until it is barely recognizable from the original. Now, I say "barely" because the judges should still be able to see some element or elements of the original layout in your own creation. In addition to your level of morphness (yes! I'm calling that a word! ), the judges will also look at any digital techniques you may have used, and the effectiveness of your storytelling (we are, after all memory-keepers).

Because your morph layout will be sent to the judges, it is critical that it be emailed to me at memories.matter@comcast.net. Instead of sending me your layout as an attachment, a link to Flickr or some other online storage system can also be emailed as an alternative. However, if you do this, please ensure that your layout privileges on the site allow me to download a copy; do not set them to private.

This medal round of the digi morph will commence on Saturday, August 20 and 9:00 pm (Eastern Time, US) when I will email you the layout from which you will create awesomeness! You will have until 9:00 pm (Eastern Time, US) on Monday, August 22 to complete and send your layout to me. Layouts received after that deadline will be ineligible for prizes, unless exceptional circumstances arose that prevented you from sending the file ... or my own email crashes, for example! LOL

As with all previous digi morphs, no sharing of layouts, posting in galleries, sharing on social media, etc., is allowed until we've had our reveal - and, in this case, the winners are announced.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you played the digi morph game earlier this month but did not make it to the medal round, you are still welcome to play along just for fun. Want to see what Corrin, Melissa, Celeste, Stefanie, and Judy will be playing with for their second layout? Maybe you'd like to create something, too? Post in this thread and I'll send you a copy of the layout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for the final results? You'll find them HERE!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 08-26-2016, 03:48 PM.
    ----------KATHERINE----------

Congrats, ladies. Can't wait to see the lifted pages you create! Good luck on the next round!

Comment

I'd like to play along, so please send me a copy! Thanks Kat!

Comment

Congrats girls ! Good luck for the next round
        I'd like to play too Kat. Can you send me a copy ?

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - Monthly Chronicles and Rachel Etrog Designs

Comment

AAAAAANNNNDDDD, we're a GO for the medal round!!! Layout has been sent to our competitors! Sending now to everyone else that's asked for a copy -- check emails or TDP PM's!

Comment

Mine is done and emailed, thanks again to Kat and to The Digital Press for such an amazing game and the wonderful cheering on from the sidelines has made this incredibly special.

Comment

sent mine...thanks Kat, for all the work you do to make this challenge so much fun.
              Proudly scrapping for FranceM and River-Rose

Comment

wow, you're fast ... again!! LOL

Comment

Well it was rough on the kids laptop but I managed to send something in. Missed my stash though. Thanks for organizing this kat. I had a ton of fun!
                  --- CELESTE ---

Comment

May I still play along? I was gone for the weekend and just got back, but this is sooooo intriguing!

Comment

Mine's done and sent too

Comment

Um. Seriously? How much coffee have you all had to drink?! ROFL!! You girls are just waaaaayyy too fast!!

Comment

and in case you're wondering ... yes! judging is underway!

Comment

Looking for the final results? You'll find them right HERE!
                            ~ Laura ~

Comment

Working...
                            X