This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TDP'S CHALLENGE SYSTEM

Are you ready to have some fun... be pushed out of your comfort zone ("challenged," if you will?)... and become inspired to scrap layouts and complete projects that you might not otherwise complete?

WELCOME TO CHALLENGES AT THE DIGITAL PRESS!

GENERAL INFO ABOUT OUR SYSTEM

We host NINE (9) DIFFERENT CHALLENGES AT THE DIGITAL PRESS EACH MONTH. Some of them are recurring challenges that you'll see every single month... and others will be chosen on a rotational basis by the team members at TDP who host the challenges, so as to keep our challenge offerings fresh, new, fun, and different each and every month!

HOW TO COMPLETE CHALLENGES
    • Each month, EVERY CHALLENGE WILL HAVE ITS OWN THREAD here in the forum. We will "sticky" all of each month's challenge threads to the top of "The Crossword Section" here in the forum, so as to make them easy to find.
    • When you complete a challenge, you'll (A) load your project image into the CHALLENGE SECTION OF THE GALLERY... and then (B) post that same project image into the applicable challenge thread (using the links you'll get from the gallery; instructions can be found in each challenge thread's info at the top).
    • You'll also find a MONTHLY CHALLENGE TRACKER THREAD here in the challenge forum, as well. This is where you'll post links to each of your challenge entries. Just follow the instructions in the first post of that month's thread!
    HOW TO EARN POINTS
    • You will receive ONE (1) POINT for every challenge you complete in a calendar month.
    • Earned points will be worth the following...
      ---3+ points earns you a one-time 20% OFF shopping spree
      ---5+ points earns you a one-time 30% OFF shopping spree
      ---7+ points earns you a one-time 40% OFF shopping spree
      ---9+ points earns you a one-time 40% OFF shopping spree... as well as the next month's TDP shop collab for FREE!
    HOW TO REDEEM POINTS

This is the best part -- you don't have to do anything at all to redeem the points you earn!

On the first Tuesday of every month, your points will be tallied (based on your post in the MONTHLY CHALLENGE TRACKER THREAD... so keep it updated!) for the previous month's challenges. You will receive an e-mail (sent to the e-mail address you used for your forum account here at TDP) which will contain your challenge discount/prize information. You will have that entire month to use your one-time shopping spree code; each month, your code will expire at 11:59pm PT on the last day of the month in which it was issued.

FAQ AND OTHER HELPFUL INFO

Q---How long do I have to complete each challenge?
    A---Unless otherwise noted in a particular challenge thread, you always have until 11:59pm ET on the last day of the month to complete our challenges. So for the month of June, for example, you'd need to have all projects posted in the gallery... linked into each challenge thread... and then linked in the monthly tracker thread, as well... by 11:59pm ET on June 30. Some challenges (such as Speed Scraps, Slow Scraps, Digi-Morph, etc. to name just a few examples) will have separate deadlines that replace the "end-of-month" guideline. Please read each challenge thread's first post for details.

Q---Do my points accumulate/carry-over from one month to the next?
    A---No. Each new month kicks-off a new round of points, and points do not carry-over. Any points earned in a month will be tallied on the first Tuesday of the following month, and you will receive an e-mail if you qualify for a discounted shopping spree or any other prize.

Q---Can I combine my earned shopping spree discount with other sales/promotions at TDP?
    A---Yes and no. Any discount coupon codes that you earn will work in conjunction with our standard 20% OFF New Release sale... meaning if you earn a 30% OFF shopping spree code, you can potentially grab New Releases at a 20% + 30% OFF rate. The discount codes will not, however, stack on top of other sales and discounts, such as the newsletter subscriber code... the weekly Publisher's Picks sale... the monthly Special Edition sale... or our other annual sale events (like NSD/DSD/etc.)... because each of those sales have discount rates that are already higher than the challenge system discounts.

Q---To meet the 100% TDP product requirement, what products am I allowed to use?
    A---Each month, you can use any product that is currently for sale at The Digital Press (including products sold at TDP by our guest designers from that same month)... in addition to the following items:
    ..........(a) any freebie and/or retired item by any of our permanent resident designers (you can find the list of our designers in the left-hand sidebar of the SHOP), even if that freebie or retired item wasn't ever for sale at TDP
    ..........(b) any product that was sold at TDP by a guest designer from the previous month (e.g. if we have a guest in January, you may use the products you purchased from her during January AND February, giving you a total of 2 months to use those items for challenges)
    ..........(c) any product that was sold at TDP the previous month by a designer who retired and/or left the store (e.g. if someone retires at the end of January, you may still use her products during February).

Last edited by Laura Passage; 08-01-2017, 01:18 PM.
    ~ Laura ~

Just a question, the rules state that we must use 100%TDP, does this include anything we have bought at TDP (thinking of retired goodies from existing designers as well as retired designers, like Scotty Girl Designs) or only current stuff for sale in store?

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      For the July 2016 challenges, you may use any product currently for sale at TDP, in addition to the following items:

any product sold at TDP by our July 2016 guests (Meagan's Creations)
      any product by Scotty Girl Designs
      any retired or freebie product from the TDP resident designers. (You can find the list on the left-hand side of the Shop homepage.)

Hi - this is my first month participating in challenges here. I am a little cofused about the bonus points. If you share layouts on social media are you just entered into a drawing or do those points count towards the challenge point total too? Thanks! Great challenges this month!

Comment

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      I've alerted the admins since I can't help you (don't want to say something wrong! LOL), I'm sure they'll get back to you very soon!

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Sharing 4 of your challenge layouts to 2 different social media platforms, earns you an entry into the $10 drawing. It does NOT count toward challenge points.

• Disneysheryl65
      Disneysheryl65 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Hello- am trying to post my layout in the Boys Rule Forum thread and am having problems. I have tried copying and pasting the BB/and or HTML gallery code, and also just uploading from my computer and I keep getting "you are not authorized to create or remove attachments" as a response. I post in the multiple galleries just fine, it's just not posting the image in the Forum. Sorry to be so dense- I would really appreciate any instructions- thank you!

Comment

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually when you get that warning message, it's because you're actually trying to upload an image into the thread as an attachment instead of just linkint it up from a remote location. To do the latter -- just do the following: (1) find the image in the gallery, and open the 'large version' if one exists (the link is just under the main image)... (2) right click on the image, and choose the 'copy image address' (in Chrome) or 'copy image location' (Firefox) option from the pop-up menu that appears... (3) come back to the forum, start your post, and just type the following (without spaces... I'm adding spaces so that it doesn't code out and disappear when I post this) -- type: [ I M G ] *paste the link you got from the gallery here* [ / I M G ]

...if you do all of that, without any spaces (just one long string of stuff mashed together), it will display your layout here in the forum. Hopefully that will help, if no other method has worked for you!

I have a question please. When do the emails go out with the challenge discounts?

Comment

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      They always go out on the first Tuesday of the month. I just checked our list and you should have gotten one; I also checked our e-mail outbox and it looks like it was sent out to the e-mail address you used when you registered in the forum. Did you not receive it? *scratches head*

Let me know -- and I will check into it if you don't have it in your account (or in your SPAM folder?). Also, in case it helps to know -- I sent out the prize e-mails from the DSD challenges and forum games this evening, as well... so I know you were sent one of those, as well. Will you let me know if that one arrived, too?

I will be traveling all day tomorrow, but I will check back into this thread once I arrive at my destination ...to see what you find. THANKS!
      Last edited by Sexy__Eyes; 10-10-2016, 04:49 AM.

• Sexy__Eyes
      Sexy__Eyes commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Laura. I thought they went out on the first Tuesdays, I know I have received them before. Last month I was unsure if I got it but then again last month home life was crazy so I just figured either I used it or deleted it. Not a problem but I made sure I was paying attention to my email and spam folder this month and haven't seen it. One another note, I did receive my DSD prize, very generous and thank you. Thanks for getting back to me.

when will september coupons and codes go out?
    --- CELESTE ---

Comment

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, hmm... now I am worried. You didn't get your e-mail on Tuesday night, either? *freaks out slightly*

Check the message I just left for Liz, above your post, and let me know what you find when you check the e-mail account you used when you registered here in the forum at TDP. The fact that two of you seem to have potentially not gotten your messages from us on Tuesday night has me worried. Eep.

I'll check back to this post in about 24+ hours once I get to my destination, as I will be traveling for most of tomorrow.

I didn't get anything from the digital press on october 4th which was last Tuesday except publisher's picks or the 5th last wednesday. i only have one email. stephanie said she hadn't got hers either when i chatted with her yesterday.
    --- CELESTE ---

Comment

Hi, I didn't get anything either. Am still waiting for the coupon to the collab kit as well? Pretty please.

Comment

I didn't get anything either.

Comment

OK everyone, I have an update!

...it's actually not exciting or good, but I wanted to use that bouncing smiley guy anyway because we WILL get it all sorted out -- and in the end, I'll make sure you get an exciting special treat to make up for all of it, LOL

From this happening, we found a server glitch this past week with our e-mail server. I have our tech guy working to hopefully recover some lost e-mails (both incoming and outgoing). I am out of town right now and limited to access on my phone during the day -- but tonight when I get back to the hotel where I can access everything from my laptop, I will get into our account and re-send everything to everyone. And I'll throw a little fun something extra in there because I hate that this has happened and that everyone has been waiting for a week for something I thought you already had! We'll make it right. No worries!

Meanwhile, thanks for posting here and letting me know about the glitch. This has proven to be very helpful (although I am sure you are feeling the opposite right now!). So sorry for the inconvenience and frustration.
          ~ Laura ~

Comment

ANOTHER UPDATE -- I just re-sent all of the messages that had been sent last Tuesday, and so everyone should have something now. If you were expecting a challenge reward from September 2016 and hadn't received it yet -- please check your e-mail account (the one you used when you registered in the forum) and let us know if you still didn't receive anything! Hopefully all of tonight's re-sends went through without incident (things seem to be working on our end now, so I don't see any reason things shouldn't make it to each of you tonight -- but I would love a confirmation so that I don't worry!).

Thanks for your patience, everyone!
            ~ Laura ~

Comment

• Sexy__Eyes
              Sexy__Eyes commented
              Editing a comment
              Received mine this morning. Thank you so much Laura and no worries glitches happen.

• shannonc
              shannonc commented
              Editing a comment
              Got mine, thank you!

Hello! New to the challenges and forums here: I really want to know if I will be penalized for not using a TDP template? 100% = ALL and I sometimes create LO without templates

Comment

• Laura Passage
              Laura Passage commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there, and welcome!

The 100% requirement only means that you cannot use products from non-TDP designers in your challenge layouts (so, for instance, you could not use a template designed by someone who isn't a designer here at TDP). It doesn't mean that you are required to use a template, however. You are certainly welcome to create your own page designs! The 100% requirement is in place simply to ensure that all projects created for challenges at TDP use only TDP products (in the areas in which products are used... whether papers, digital embellishments, templates, etc.).

Hope that helps clear it up!

Yes Laura THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Working...
            X