April 20 | Flourish: De-clutter & Simplify Your Digital Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 20 | Flourish: De-clutter & Simplify Your Digital Life

Hi there. Today's blog post was all about de-cluttering life and getting things simplified. I'm slowly deleting digital files/kits off of my EHD because I know in my heart of hearts that I will not use them. But there are quite a few kits that are on my EHD that I've bought and haven't used... and I find it so hard to delete something I paid for but never used.

So today, my challenge to you is to spend a few minutes and review your digi stash and see if there are kits you've outgrown. Look at your stash with new eyes. See if there are things you can delete to reduce the digital clutter. Embrace what you have... and if you don't love it, get rid of it. Clear the way for those things that you do love.

Then look at kits you do love. Maybe you haven't used a kit you bought and loved... or maybe there are one or more that you haven't used *enough* because there is always something new coming out. Shop your stash and create a page using one of the kits/element packs/paper packs that you haven't used before, or those that you might have used once but might want to use again. Simple.

Some rules:
    1. Pages must be created using 100% TDP Products and loaded in the gallery no later than midnight EST on April 30, 2015.
    2. Please link your gallery listing in this thread
    3. Link your comment in this thread in the monthly challenge tracker thread. You can find it here: April's Tracking Thread.
    Last edited by Pamie; 04-20-2015, 12:44 PM.
    --- KIMBERLEE ---

I TOTALLY just did this on my EHD (I had an older one failing so when I was transferring stuff to my new one- I was much more discerning!) I TOTALLY have a "I need to scrap with this kit" folder so I'm on top of this challenge! Thanks for lighting a fire under my bum! :wink:

Comment

I purchased this kit back at the "other" store & never used it- I usually scrapbook with a pretty positive attitude, so although I LOVE this kit (I'm a rainbow gal- any kit with a rainbow theme, I'm all over!) I never found an opportunity to use it. Thanks for the challenge to make me pull it back out again! ps. I'm aware that the Template is NOT TDP & thus doesn't qualify for the challenge- but I'm already disqualified as CT

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
        Scrapsandsass commented
        Editing a comment
        What a gorgeous page! Fabulous work. I'm so glad you joined in. :D

I have used Heart and Soul for at least two layouts and still love the versatility of it. Not to mention these stitched grids by Scotty Girl Designs, I am slowly going to use them all.

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
        Scrapsandsass commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay. I'm so glad you are using and getting the most out of your kits. That is a lovely page. Such a great idea & so many cool/interesting facts.

I bought these templates WAY back when and NEVER used them - I have no Idea why. I was thining about them a week ago or so, and thought, hey - I should totally use them, so here you go!

created using gorgeous goodies from creashens

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
        Scrapsandsass commented
        Editing a comment
        Great page. I love the mood board style of the template. Totally gorgeous!

I have the hardest time getting rid of scrapbooking supplies, both digi and traditional. Not too long ago I jettisoned a bunch of freebies I'd collected back in 2011.....figured I'd come a long way and my stash needed to keep up. Every so often I give a bag of traditional supplies that I *know* I will never use to the preschool my children attend. The kit I used here was one of those that I have loved for a long time, but never used for whatever reason. Then seeing it in the retirement sale made me realize it was time to actually use it!

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
        Scrapsandsass commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay. I'm so glad you participated. This page is awesome. I love how your journaling/text became part of the design. I'm always afraid to use much journaling for fear of screwing up the look of the page, but this rocks. I'm totally going to have to lift this in the future.

I delete very little from my stash. And I want to use it all! :D I decided to try to use only very old pre-TDP stuff from my stash for this (but all from current designers of course).

p.s. Also, this is my first completed page done in full Photoshop, which I just started using this week! And it's harder than I thought it would be (having been using PSE for 9 years)!

My Website

Comment

• Scrapsandsass
        Scrapsandsass commented
        Editing a comment
        Super page. Congrats on using PS. It is so hard to let go of the scrap stash! I can totally relate. Thanks for playing along.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...rnings&cat=519

Comment

Working...
      X