4TH BIRTHDAY GAME | FOUR-GOTTEN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4TH BIRTHDAY GAME | FOUR-GOTTEN

Y'all. It was so crazy four years ago as we were opening up this shop and trying to get it ready. It seems like both a lifetime ago AND yesterday that this place was born. I am ever grateful for this site's existence, community, and leadership. As a designer and scrapper I have thrived here as much as, if not more than, any other shop I've been at. And there have been three other shops. Here are some snippets of my design history:

2010:
    #1:
    This was created before I ever sold in any shop. It was one of two previews I sent in for my first designer call, which was at a store called Polka Dot Plum. The owners there were so helpful and kind as I tried my hand at not only designing better but also figuring out the ins-and-outs of FTPing, XCarting, naming things, zipping stuff up, etc.

#2: My time at Polka Dot Plum didn't last too long. I don't remember if I left before they closed or not, but this kit from that time was me trying to broaden my element packs a little bit. I remember taking a very long time trying to get that scatter of little black circles just right.

2011:
    #3: My next store was at The Digichick. Nicole Seitler, who is guesting with us this month, was the owner at the time and this preview I'm showing was a collab I did with TDP's current owner, Laura Passage. I really grew as a designer at The Digichick, but, alas, had a hard time finding many of my old previews from there because I had repackaged them all to sell them at my next shop....

2013:
    #4:... Pixels & Company. One of my favorite times was when the design team traveled for a meet-up in Utah for a weekend. That was the second time I was able to meet Laura in person (we also had a Digichick weekend in San Antonio when I was very hugely pregnant and the ladies graciously came to my neck of the country) and I also got to meet Hillary Bandley. She's a TDP CT member and site manager and also happens to be on my own personal CT.

2014:
    #5: Which brings us to four years ago when we opened up TDP. I feel like recently my style has firmed up and I am more confident and sure of how I like to create kits. It's taken all these years to get here, LOL.

YOUR TURN!

The point of this game is to post any previews you have of older or retired kits by TDP designers. Dig deep!! It will be so much fun to see what you come up with. Many of the designers here have been at different stores and some have been around for as long as digiscrapping has been. I can't wait to see what you find in your stashes!

All game entries will be due from the participants by 11:59pm ET on Wed 11/28

The winner will be randomly selected and will win a $5 coupon to the Dawn by Design shop.

This is one from guest Sugarplum Paperie and a retired designer ....from the now closed Sunshine Studios Scraps...

Comment

Here's one of Laura's from 2011 when she was at The DigiChick

Comment

Oldie from Creashens
        Last edited by jang; 11-26-2018, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          jang - I wish I could see the photo. If you can find time to fix the image I know we would all love to see it! Thanks for playing!

Here is one of yours, Dawn. It's still one of my favorites.

Comment

Ok I went and looked at my old hard drive, and I have found a few oldies!! Like this one from Wishing Well Creations by Laura Passage - I followed a few blog trains for a while, and I think this is the first kit that I have from Laura, but it was just the beginning!

I followed Laura to the store she was at, and found you there Dawn, and this was the first kit I bought of yours

But at a different store, I met Karla, and was quickly a fan of her too...

and one time Karla made a kit, and Anita made a co-ordinating kit, and that is how I discovered that I loved Anita's designs as well!

Last edited by corrin; 11-24-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I think Dreamchaser was my first Tracie Stroud kit, which I got at Scrap Orchard. I got others there, too. Then I had to follow her over to Scrapbook Graphics and purchased a few more kits. And finally I found her here! I haven't used the Artisan Templates that I got here yet, but I'm waiting for just the right photos. I love artsy background papers and doodles she creates. I tried uploading attachments of the previews, but it says I'm not authorized?

Comment

• dawnfarias
              dawnfarias commented
              Editing a comment
              jaharvey - I am not a forum expert, but I do believe that you cannot upload images directly to a comment. The image must first be hosted somewhere and then linked within your post. Maybe we have a tutorial on site about how to do that? Hillary?

• Joan K
              Joan K commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure if this is the best way, but I uploaded my image to a Pinterest board. Then I was able to right click it and copy the image address - to be pasted into the URL window in the comments section - add an image/.

• jaharvey
              jaharvey commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your suggestions. I might try posting to Pinterest in future.

Here is one I have from Tracie Stroud when she was at Scrap Orchard.

Comment

I have this really old one by Laura,

and this old one of yours, Dawn

My Gallery

Comment

I believe the older preview in my folders was a collab of Anita and Heather T when I was just a total freebie hunter.

Decided to start scrapbooking digitally and starting to participate in challenges at the end of 2016 so I am kinda new... I'm a creative team for various designers so I barely buy new supplies... So the oldest product I ever bought in this site were these templates at the beginning of the year.
                💎⭐🌹🌑❤️ Gallery | Instagram

Comment

This is so much fun, y'all! Thank you thank you thank you for posting these. They're treasures! LOL. Can't wait to see more!

Comment

from Nine Goes Digi at ZigZagScraps (I think):

and by Sugarplum Paperie:

Miss Tiina:

Traci Stroud;

Juno Designs:

Dawn by Design:

Laura Passage:

Mari Koegelenberg:

Sherry Ferguson:

Dunia Designs:

Akizo Designs:

Karla Dudley;

KimB from DigiScrapObsession:
                    Last edited by Jazz2000; 11-26-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Hillary
                      Hillary commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow, you found a bunch!

• corrin
                      corrin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      wow, so many Angi!! I have that one by Sugarplum Paperie, but most of the others I have never seen!

• Jazz2000
                      Jazz2000 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, these are from my own personal collection. "Collecting" being the distinguished word here. I have scrapped with a couple of these kits. *blush*

I found "All My Love" by Dunia Designs in my stash.

Comment

Such amazingness, y'all!

Comment

Working...
                      X