4TH BIRTHDAY GAME | IN-FOUR-MAL CHIT CHAT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4TH BIRTHDAY GAME | IN-FOUR-MAL CHIT CHAT

Welcome to our 4th Birthday and Black Friday celebration!! I can't even believe that it has already been four years since The Digital Press doors opened. I can still remember the excitement and work that went into getting things ready, just like it was yesterday.

During the last four years I have been lucky enough to help Laura run things behind the scenes, and make The Digital Press my scrapbooking home.

​​​​​​For our birthday this year we have a bunch of games and challenges planned to help us all celebrate and have fun, but in this thread we are just going to chit chat. Let me know if you were here from the beginning, or if you are new(ish) to TDP. Once you have shared that let's just chat! Feel free to show off your goodies that you have purchased, tell us how your holiday weekend has gone, what color of shirt you are wearing, or anything that you want to talk about.

THIS THREAD WILL CLOSE ON WEDNESDAY 11/28 AT 11:59PM ET

One winner will be randomly selected to win a free shop collab of the winner's choice.

My Gallery

So, I'll start... THIS HAS JUST HAPPENED IN OUR HOUSEHOLD.

~ Laura ~

Comment

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      so cute...

• AZK
      AZK commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations on your new family member! The boys must be over the moon with joy.

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG!! Soooo cute!!

I've been buying wonderful product since the beginning and spent a couple of years on the creative team here. I am still here although not as active but look forward to joining in again next year when I should have some more time. Happy Birthday TDP!!!!!!
    [img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Carolyn, it is always lovely to see you here! Roll on next year! Xx

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Again, Carolyn. I look forward to seeing you around more in the new year!

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, Stranger!

Love TDP and especially Summer Camp. Also good tutorials.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Summer camp is great fun isn’t it! I’m glad you enjoy the tutorials too, I love learning how to do something new!

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      We love Summer Camp too, and look forward to all of the fun tutorials.

Happy Birthday TDP! I found this 3 yrs ago. I think I followed KimB here. I love the designers here and have bought way more kits & templates then I have scrapped. I think I SPEND more time at the store than I do at the forums (and scrapping). Am I the only one?

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I Love the designers here too Angi, so much lovely new stuff in the store each meek, it is hard to resist!

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't blame you for that! I love all of the pretties in the shop too!

(PS...I love your siggie)

I have been here for a few years now, and love being a member of the CT! I live in England, so Thanksgiving isn’t celebrated over here, but I love Christmas, and I am starting to feel all festive! The lights are up in the town where I live, the shop windows are now mostly festive, and there are a bunch of new Christmas kits in the store here at TDP too! Life is good!
    Last edited by corrin; 11-23-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Corrin! One of my favorite things about this time of year is all of the Christmas lights. A few people have lit theirs already, but most will wait until tonight to start turning them on. I can't wait for rides around our town to look at them.

I've been around since the beginning. One of my favourite memories is the month I was a guest CT here. I don't think I scrapped so much in a month!

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha! I love when people CT for a month and bust out a bunch of layouts.

• melscrap
      melscrap commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess it's the thrill of being let loose with no limits

i've been around since the beginning, I can remember the build up of excitement waiting for opening day!!!
    Proudly scrapping for FranceM and River-Rose

Comment

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just thinking about this the other day, actually! It was a crazy, crazy few weeks before TDP opened. I should dig up our announcement video from the week before we opened! I remember having so much fun writing the script for that... LOL

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I had forgotten about that video!, it was so good! Lol

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      oh yes I remember that too

I’ve been around since the beginning too, and joined the CT two years ago.

Did y’all have a nice Thanksgiving, or next-to-last Thursday in November ( corrin )?

Hillary, how was Disneyland?

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      It was so fun! We had a few hiccups with my Mom hurting her back 4 days before we left, but we were able to rent her a motorized wheelchair/scooter and that helped her to not have to walk as much.

The holiday foods were so fun to try like the Peppermint Beignets at the Mint Juliep bar, and my sister is still mad that she didn't get one of the Peppermint Churros in California Adventure at the cart by the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, after having 1 bite of her daughters and proclaiming that it was the best bite of Churro that she had ever had.

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, I did have a nice next to last Thurs in Nov - thanks for asking!!

My first layout here was in March of 2015. I just had a shopping marathon with designer Julia Makotinsky whose things I love and am now headed back to get some things on my wish list. Then back to just browse and get some more things. Thanks for the great sale and keeping me home and away from the real Black Friday madness at the malls! I am wearing a yellow polar fleece shirt with a sweatshirt on top, and sweatpants and socks and looking out the window and the snow covered ground. Now off to do today's challenge. Hmmm may need 4 new kits for that.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      At these prices, it is the best time to buy those 4 new kits! LOL

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Barbara, it is funny to look back at older layouts and remember making them - Julia’s stuff is gorgeous, I don’t blame you for having a long wish list!

I joined in Dec 2014 and have been on different designers CTs over the last 4 years. I just joined the site CT this last year and love it. The designers are amazing and the talent here blows me away!
    I am in full pj mode for the weekend and may dig in to the Christmas decorations in a bit. DH put the tree up 2 weeks ago (he is out of control at Christmas). When I have time off work, I tend to not want to do much of anything but relax.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I push back with decorating before Thanksgiving, but after that I just wait for the rest of my people to initiate it. LOL

I have also been around from the beginning, trying out for the creative team, taking part in the challenges every month.
    Now that I have been a part of the awesome creative team here for two years, I couldn't be happier.
    It's a wonderful place to call my digi-home.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww, we <3 you too!

I found TDP earlier this year and have enjoyed getting back to digi scrapping after taking a few years off from my hobby. TDP has great designers, challenges and inspiration. Love it here.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      We are happy to have you!

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment

I don't even remember how long I've been here- a few years at least! We just got home from 6am black friday shopping! I've gone every year- even tho most things I was after this year I purchased online. I just love how festive & 'kicks off the season' BF shopping is! :D

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Ack 6am sale?! I’m not sure there is much I want more than my cosy bed at 6am!

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      6am totally calls for my warm cozy bed.

is everything in the shop on sale? or only certain designers?

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything is discounted, as far as I know.

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      There are one or two designers who opted out for personal / schedule reasons... but other than that, pretty much everything should be included in the sale! If you run across an item that seems like it should be on sale (i.e. the rest of the designers' items are discounted, and it's just the one individual item that isn't showing up on sale) -- shoot the designer a message and ask. Every once in a while, a product will get accidentally taken out of the designer's category that 'runs' our sales, and so it won't discount automatically. As long as it's supposed to be on sale, the designers can easily remedy this by adding the product back into the correct category for ya!
Working...
X