3RD BIRTHDAY GAME | WONKY NICKNAMES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3RD BIRTHDAY GAME | WONKY NICKNAMES

It's TDP's 3rd birthday, and we can't even express in words how grateful we are to all of our loyal customers, fans, community members, gallery users, and more... for helping to make TDP what it has become, over the past 3 years!

Let's get to know each other a little better through a funky game! I loved the title of this game as I use "wonky" in my house all the time and my husband thinks it's so silly but it's perfect to describe things!

Here's how it will work...
    ...to participate, just share some silly names for common items in your house! Examples:
    (1) "Choco MooMoo" for chocolate milk
    (2) "nachos" for boy parts
    (3) "boopies" for blueberries

Anyone who participates in this game between now and the end of Wednesday 11/29 (at 11:59pm ET) will be entered into a random drawing to win $5 to spend in my shop at TDP!

I'll share some!

So in the example above, "boopies" is what my 3 yr old calls blueberries and it's funny! He also has a pair of orange and blue shoes that he calls his "ruff ruff shoes" after Paw Patrol and we just roll with it. Now it's your turn!!
    ----------MEAGAN-----------

Oh sorry I don't have any wonky names for my household but if some of my wonky nicknames are allowed I will give you those:

Ninizilla (when I am mad at hubby)

Ninirazzi (because I take too many pictures lol)

Oh and of course I am not playing to win, just because I am silly Nini.... oh! A new nickname for me!

Comment

We don't have silly names for things in our house ... the closest thing I can think of is when my youngest was just starting to talk. One day he said, "Woof" ... I thought he was talking about a dog, so I said something to that affect, but he started getting upset. Finally, I asked him to show me. He took me to the refrigerator & pointed to the freezer. I lifted him up, opened the door & he pointed to the frozen "waffles"!!! LOL!

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        That reminds me of one that we have. There is a waffle place here called Waffle Love. I took my little one there with me one time and after that he kept talking about a buffalo. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about until the next time we went. He was so excited to get a "buffalo".

My nicknames are in Dutch since I speak Dutch, but I'll try to translate.
      - Nestduiken: It means going to sleep. The proper Dutch word is "gaan slapen". Nestduiken translated to English is dive into your nest.
      - Springboke: It has nothing to do with Spring. But it's my made-up word for toast.

Comment

My now 8yr old still calls crisps - Christmases (English crisps are American chips!)

he he also has always called the trampoline - the jumpoline!

Comment

LOL!

I haven't had enough coffee yet to get my brain thinking of all the funny things that are said in this house! I will have to come back. FUN challenge!
          -----KRISTA-----

Comment

My 8-yo eats 'bekfrist' every morning.

And since my almost 10-yo was about 2 we've eaten 'chee-nah-nah' and 'cha-cha-cheen' instead of their findable-in-the-grocery-store counterparts chicken nuggets and chocolate milk.

Comment

We have al ot of nickname for our cat. A cat in Dutch is called "kat" or "poes".
              Instead of RĂ©mi (his real name) we call him Puzz (instead of poes).

Comment

• caliten
                caliten commented
                Editing a comment
                My husband, who was raised in the Netherlands, calls every.single.cat he comes across 'poes' (and that rhymes with 'goose' for all those people like me who get tripped up by Dutch vowel combinations).

My grandkids are the source of most of the nicknames now. Ivan (almost 3) is affectionately called "Tank," because he plows over anything without stopping. Meredith (7) has been "MerBear" for the longest time, and Liv (6) got the nickname "Weevie" when she was a baby and her older brother could not pronounce the L. First it was "Wiv," but then it progressed to "Weeve," "Weevers," or most commonly "Weevie." Harper (9) is usually called "Frank," but that is his middle name. Nina (8) is often called "Ninicles," and Max (10) is often "Maxwill" because his middle name is William. I'm sure I'll think of more names for other things once I post this, but for now, I will enjoy others wonky names!

Comment

My name has been changed to Nefni which I can understand the ST is a tough act for little ones.

We call deodorant = under arm charm and is someone is odorous we say their fridge is off.

Comment

• MeagansCreations
                  MeagansCreations commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah both of my sons went through a period of not being able to do the "s" blend so we have "nakes", "nacks", "wings", etc. LOL Love the under arm charm!

Butter Bread
                When we were kids my Mom would occassionally make baked beans. We always had breard with butter on the side. We always called it butter bread. Rich and I tease about it now. I tell him I want butter bread and he says no you want buttered bread.

Comment

• MeagansCreations
                  Editing a comment
                  One time a house guest called the roast beef, "roast beast" and it's stuck!

My girls started life in China and at that time their first language was Mandarin. We call all hair clips/ribbons etc here as "hao kan's" which basically means beautiful in chinese. The girls started using this term as whenever they had their hair done as toddlers we always said "hao kan".

We also use the made up term spork for those spoon fork type utensil that we use for rice bowl style meals.

We have a lot of cross chinese/english terms here but can't think off the top of my head.
                [img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com

Comment

When my niece was younger, she started calling hand sanitizer "hanitizer." The term has stuck and even though she's now 11, we still call it hanitizer.

Comment

• Hillary
                    Hillary commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love the terms that stick, even when the kids are grown.

My son was a computer nut at a young age. We continue to use the word 'puter when talking about our desktop computer even though he is in college now.

Comment

• MeagansCreations
                    Editing a comment
                    My little sister said the same thing!

We really don't have wonky names for things in our house but My Uncle Jack who just passed away in Feb. at 88 had nicknames for my sister and I. Her's was Curlytop because she had such curly hair. Mine was CindySue no idea how he came up with that name but that is what he called me. I asked him once how come that name he said he had no idea why. But he never called us by our given names always the nickname Oh yea now that I think of it he called my Dad fathead sometimes. We dearly loved him

Comment

Working...
                  X