3RD BIRTHDAY GAME | 3 FAVORITES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is fun! My 3 favorite things are:

1. Kauai. We first went in 1992 and loved it so much that we have gone back every 3rd year ever since. We have our favorite beaches, restaurants and shops and usually stay in the same condo building right above the ocean. We start every morning with coffee on the lanai and often are entertained by sea turtles, passing whales and dolphins. Sunset is cocktail hour (usually pina coladas) as we have a gorgeous western view. I could not begin to count how many pics I have of sunsets in Kauai!
    2. Being a Nana/Grandma. Our 1st grandchild will be 15 months on December 1st and she has completely changed my life! They live 1000 miles away and I have been lucky enough to spend a week a month there to help out and create a connection with her. I really love watching my daughter be a mom too.
    3. Quiet Time. I need time to myself to recharge my batteries and sort things out in my head. Often this involves doing something creative with my hands to give my thinking brain a break. When I go a week or so with no time to myself I either get sick, become very irritable/anxious or crash for a few days.

Comment

• dawnfarias
      dawnfarias commented
      Editing a comment
      "2. Being a Nana/Grandma. Our 1st grandchild will be 15 months on December 1st and she has completely changed my life! They live 1000 miles away and I have been lucky enough to spend a week a month there to help out and create a connection with her. I really love watching my daughter be a mom too."

^^ I love everything about this!

Re: #3 - I feel "off", too, when I don't have any time to myself for an extended period.

1. Hybrid scrapbooking. I LOVE it and am enjoying it so much. It brings me the best of both worlds. And I love how my craft time gives me little slices of happy and keeps me sane while taking care of my kids.

2. Riding my bike. I'm no serious cyclist, but a good 5 mile bike ride a few times a week is so therapeutic for me. It changes the whole day.

3. Watching TV with hubby at the end of the long day and enjoying some treats (peanut M&Ms)

Comment

• dawnfarias
      dawnfarias commented
      Editing a comment
      Crafting, exercising, and tv with the hubs - wonderful things!

My three favorites right now:

1. digital scrapbooking: I'm a crafty person, but right now I can't stand the mess of physical crafting, so all I do is digi-scrapping.
    2. cherry pies: a piece isn't enough!
    3. soda pop: I try to quit, but it's not easy!

Comment

• dawnfarias
      dawnfarias commented
      Editing a comment
      Love cherry pies! Which is your favorite soda?

Oh fun...

1. poetry - it's my creative release when the world is drowning me
    2. digiscrapping - my arty creative fun
    3. music - keeps me sane in this crazy world

Comment

• dawnfarias
      dawnfarias commented
      Editing a comment
      So impressed with the poetry!!
Working...
X