2ND BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE | SPLIT IN 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2ND BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE | SPLIT IN 2

Well Hello!! So sorry I am late - we have had some internet trouble. But now I am here and Happy Birthday to US!!

Today's birthday challenge will be to create a SPLIT LAYOUT.

The topic of your layout is completely up to you - but it MUST be SPLIT IN HALF in some way! AND you MUST use TWO DIFFERENT KITS - one for each half of your page.

Does that make sense?

Not sure what to scrap? How about some ideas. . .

Split Page Ideas:
    a before/after page: could be a make over, a hair cut, a remodel, or just cleaning up the place!
    a boy/girl page: siblings, partners, fur babies, fave actors - you name it!
    then/now: these are fun - and past/present type idea would be perfect for this!

I decided to scrap a then and now page for my daughter! She has gone through some huge changes in the last year as far as her personal preferences go, and I really wanted to capture that. The kits I chose allowed me to create a more flowery, girly side as well as a more earthy, rough and messy side, which beautifully capture the two sides of this little person.
    Here is my page.

Credits: At the Whimsy Templates by Simply Tiffany Studios: https://goo.gl/a4a8QO, Away by creashens: https://goo.gl/GqriS8 (right side), A Bushel and a Peck by creashens: https://goo.gl/1x1oLr (left side)

So now it is your turn.

Create a Split in 2 layout and come back here to link up your page. One winner will be randomly chosen for a super cool BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

And make sure to follow the fine print...
    1. You must make a brand new page, and it must be split in half using two different kits for each half of the layout.
    2. You must post your layout in this thread.
    3. You must use 100% TDP products.
    4. You must load your image into the challenge gallery no later than 11:59pm on Thursday 11/30.

created using gorgeous goodies from creashens

great challenge and i'm so sad not being at home to play with you... :-(

Comment

I had to give this one some thought, but the weather we get in Colorado this time of year is definitely a bit ... bipolar. We had temperatures in the 70s on Wednesday the week before last, and snow (with temps in the 30s and dropping) on Thursday. I used a France M. collab on the left, and a Sahin & Anita collab on the right.

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        ooh that is a clever idea, the weather changed in a day here too, not as dramatic as yours, but from late summer to rainy Autumn, I might have to pinch your idea!

• miimsgirl
        miimsgirl commented
        Editing a comment
        ha ha! I LOVE that - bipolar weather! Ours in Oregon is like that too! We get cold and wet int he morning, then Sunny and warm, then back to cold and wet - all in the same day! I wish I had thought of this one!

This was a little harder than I thought it would be. For the left side I used Wanderlust | by Anita Designs, and for the right side I used Simple Joys | by Anita Designs. I also used a word art from Laura Passage's Cherished - Mobile Ready Font

Last edited by Hillary; 11-26-2016, 10:06 PM.

My Gallery

Comment

• miimsgirl
        miimsgirl commented
        Editing a comment
        I know what you mean, I had a hard time at first too - but it was fun to think outside the box as well! Yours turned out AWESOME!

left side is fresh start by mari k and the right side is limitless by karla dudley and amanda yi
      Proudly scrapping for FranceM and River-Rose

Comment

• miimsgirl
        miimsgirl commented
        Editing a comment
        ohh, these two look really awesome together too! Nice!

Great challenge!

Comment

• miimsgirl
        miimsgirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohh, love the reds and greens here, especially for a non-holiday page!

The right half is not a single kit but the papers and elements are from the same Special Edition, and the left half is totally different, so I hope that counts.

Comment

• miimsgirl
        miimsgirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohh, this photo series is so fun! and I like the idea of CHANGES here - ohh, that is a fun subject!

The left side uses A Day at the Beach and the right side uses A day at the Spa by Anita Designs.

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        haha, "a day at..." and they go so well together!

• miimsgirl
        miimsgirl commented
        Editing a comment
        They do go well together!! Awesome!

Thanks for the challenge!
      Right side uses Creashens Pretend kit and left side uses Creashens Beats kit.

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        what a sweet idea! I am amazed at how well you have managed to match up your hand to make 1 hand accross both photos!

• miimsgirl
        miimsgirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Aww - this is so sweet! I love this idea of remaking a photo too - and I agree with Corrin - your photo match up is AWESOME!

Thanks for the challenge. Here's mine:

Comment

• miimsgirl
        miimsgirl commented
        Editing a comment
        lol! That is a fun take on this! I LOVE it! Is the top picture you as a child?
    Working...
    X