11/27 | Birthday Celebration Game- Share a FIRST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/27 | Birthday Celebration Game- Share a FIRST

We are celebrating The Digital Press' FIRST birthday and I thought it would be fun to share a FIRST.

It can be a FIRST that you hold dear, cherish, a funny one or even an embarrassing one. And make sure to include a picture!

This is a memory I will cherish forever- the birth of my two children. Both were scary and horrible births; but, nevertheless, both days changed my life for the better.

And my first tattoo. Goodness gracious it hurt!! I would probably rather go through some more contractions than have another one. It is an owl sitting on top of some books. The only reason I finished it and went through with all the pain was because of my wedding that was 2 months later.

Can't wait to see and read about your FIRSTS!
    Last edited by Pamie; 11-27-2015, 10:00 AM.

my first on her first day of Kinder
    -----KRISTA-----

Comment

• Sabrina
      Sabrina commented
      Editing a comment
      What a cutie!! And I remember my first on his first- I didn't even cry lol

My FIRST LO as a CTM here. You can't imagine how proud I was to add that little banner!! I created it for the template challenge (where you can win a template bundle... Just sayin'!).

And I'm at work but tonight I'll post my first LO ever... Be ready to cry-laugh!!

Comment

• michelepixels
      michelepixels commented
      Editing a comment
      That gives me an idea for a first I can post. I hope you don't mind I copy your idea! :D

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      Not at all, Michele!!

• Sabrina
      Sabrina commented
      Editing a comment
      So awesome Chloe!! Such a wonderful first!!

This is the first DIGITAL scrapbook page I ever made, created in July 2005. I'd been a paper scrapper for many years and had just read about scrapping digitally in a magazine and decided to try it. The only program I had at my disposal was my husband's copy of Photoshop 5. Full Photoshop, but a very old version.

Apparently I played with embossing, shadowing, and drawing/painting/shape tools. I didn't figure out much though, and got myself a copy of a program called Lumapix Fotofusion. It was decent, but by the following year I was convinced I needed Photoshop Elements and my digital scrapbooking took off rapidly after that.

My Website

Comment

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I think your shadowing is pretty good already! Do you use pre-made style or have you created your own? I usually use styles but I tweak them when I feel fancy or when the element requires them. If the set is good, though, you are good to go without changing it 90% of the time!

• michelepixels
      michelepixels commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chloe!I have some shadow styles but I'm so lazy about using styles/actions/brushes. I have a basic understanding of shadows and just keep doing the same thing, such as 5 and 5 (distance and size) for paper and 120 degrees, leaving it at whatever the default opacity is. I did just learn about a month ago how to save my own styles, so I do have a couple saved.

Right now my biggest goal is to get into a regular routine of scrapping every Sunday (I was for a while at the beginning of the year), a habit as strong as brushing my teeth. After I get that established, then I'll work on improving my skills.

LOL Sabrina about being one of the first digi-scrappers. I guess so!

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a great plan! And I agree with Sabrina about being one of the very first!! LOL

our (me and my kids who were 20 months and 3 weeks old at the time) very first "white Christmas". (and no, we did not take our brand new baby out to play in the snow; he stayed inside with his grandmother.)

Last edited by caliten; 11-27-2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Sabrina
      Sabrina commented
      Editing a comment
      how fun!! I've always wanted a White Christmas!

Can I share a first for my husband too ?? This is my husband giving our new son his very first bottle for the first time.........so I guess a first for my husband and my son

Comment

• Sabrina
      Sabrina commented
      Editing a comment
      So precious and a priceless moment to capture!

Here's another first

an amazing photo my Mom took of my hubby and his first moments as a Dad. aww this gets me every time i see it.
    Last edited by Sabrina; 11-27-2015, 06:24 PM.

Comment

This thread is full of sweetness! I kept repeating "Awwwww!" as I scrolled.

My Website

Comment

I'm not at home so don't have access to the picture but a first for me this year is river rafting. When we were in Alaska a few months ago I went river rafting and it was exhilarating! I loved it! We got 2 photos taken of us that I purchased and it was so much fun to see the photos of us in the raft, all wet and laughing!

Comment

Here is a first for me. My very first kit as a designer. I have long since retired it, that horrible preview and that tagline, but it is still my "baby." LOL

Comment

• Lorie
            Lorie commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL, Thank Chloe.

• michelepixels
            michelepixels commented
            Editing a comment
            It's great! I want the crock pot. Seriously! I use mine a lot!

• Lorie
            Lorie commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL. I love that crock pot! It took me forever.
        Working...
        X