11/30 | Birthday Slow Scrap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/30 | Birthday Slow Scrap

Hello everyone and welcome to the slow scrap challenge to celebrate our favourite community completing one year of its journey. And what a journey this has been!!!

This is my first time doing a slow scrap so bear with me. What you need to do is scrap a layout following these instructions and share here. One lucky winner will win all store collabs from the first year. Now isn't that something?!!!!

1. Start with a neutral background.
    2. Put a wooden or a kraft paper on top. You must position this so at least some of the neutral background is visible.
    3. Now choose 2-3 photos that you want to work with. At least one of them should be framed and should touch/overlap with the others
    4. Use a big bold title - word art, alphas or fonts - your pick!
    5. Embellish to your taste - however I would like to see at least one string/twine, couple of flowers and some star shaped elements
    6. Write your journalling and mark the date

That's it. Hope the instructions are clear but please ask me a question if you need to.Apart from following the above instruction, you can shape your layout as you wish. Need some inspiration. Here are couple of layouts made by our CT

By Alina

By Cecilia aka Miss K

As you can see two quite different layouts I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!!

The Rules:
    All pages must use 100% TDP products (including freebies or retired products)
    - Pages must be uploaded to the Challenge Gallery
    - Link us up here in this thread by II:59 EST, Wednesday Dec 2, 2015
    - Don't forget to have fun!

So get scrapping.... but wait... don't rush it!!!!!

UPDATE: the winner of this challenge has been selected, and you'll find more info HERE in the past post of this thread! CONGRATS!
    ~ Laura

Last edited by Laura Passage; 12-08-2015, 04:40 PM.
    --- SHIVANI ---

Inspiring instructions! Here's my page! That was fun. Looking forward to seeing what others come up with.

Comment

• Shivani
      Shivani commented
      Editing a comment
      I love how you placed those two backgrounds together Rae. Such a darling he is!!!! truly prince charming

Here's mine! Sorry it took so long! This is our back yard view as well as the frozen pond at the gate/entrance to our neighborhood right now. So pretty & all wintery!

Last edited by AmieN1; 11-30-2015, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Shivani
      Shivani commented
      Editing a comment
      Amie, This makes me wish fow snow so much. We have had 10 min of snow so far this year in London. I hope that's not all I love the scattered and repeated word art on the woodsy paper. And the photos are so serene. Truly perfect. Thanks for playing along!

thanks for the challenge. Here's my page

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs - Sahin Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• Shivani
      Shivani commented
      Editing a comment
      Anne, I'm a big fan of your layouts and this one is no exception. I love the overall minimalistic design, the crops of photos and the colourful scatter adding a dash of colour. Magical! Thanks so much for playing!

• Anne PC
      Anne PC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Shivani. You're so kind. Such compliments from a talented scrapper makes me really happy.

I looove all kinds of challenge!
    Here is mine:

Comment

• Shivani
      Shivani commented
      Editing a comment
      Super Emma!!! I have to say I love that photo from behind for the obvious reasons, Makes me chuckle "ho ho ho" sooo cute! I especially love how you've created that effect on the big alpha. Thanks for playing.

My Website

Comment

• Shivani
      Shivani commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful Michele Such fun photos. I love all the pink. Especially love how you inserted that patterned paper between the neutral background and the woodsy paper. Super intrepretation!!! Thanks for playing.

• michelepixels
      michelepixels commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you I got the idea for the patterned paper from Alina's layout. :D

And here is my page
    My background is obscured by the CT banner!!!
    --- SHIVANI ---

Comment

fun! happy bday TDP!!
      http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...Fresh_tree.jpg

Comment

• Shivani
        Shivani commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your bold, festive page!!!! Thanks so much for playing along.

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Congratulations to (Anne PC), who was randomly selected as the winner of TDP's Slow Scrap Challenge!

(Anne PC), please check your forum messages (there should be a link at the very top right of your screen if you scroll all the way up to the top of this page)... as I've just sent your prize info to you!

CONGRATS! and thank you all for playing along with us during our First Birthday celebration a week ago!
      ~ Laura ~

Comment

Congrats Anne PC!

My Gallery

Comment

Congrats Anne!!

Comment

Wow Thank yo so much !

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs - Sahin Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

Working...
            X