X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mocamom
    started a topic WEEK #4 | BONFIRE GATHERING - INSTRUCTIONS

WEEK #4 | BONFIRE GATHERING - INSTRUCTIONS

It's here! It's here!! Our fourth and final Bonfire Gathering for the 2019 Summer camp is here!! Join us in the chat room HERE (or look above in the same line as Forums, Gallery, Shop, Blog, Contact, and CHAT). We will be chatting away while Dawn from Dawn by Designs will be giving us some instructions to make an amazing layout!

Remember, you have 24 hours to complete this challenge so EVEN IF YOU CAN'T JOIN US NOW, you will find the instructions here. Please make your layout using 100% TDP products and post it in THIS thread for some love AND in the CHALLENGE GALLERY too!

All layouts posted by 2:00pm EST on Saturday, July 27th will count for your Summer Camp badges!

Come join us for some fun!!! I'll be updating the instructions in this thread as Dawn reveals them in the chat!

YAY for SUMMER CAMP!!!

SLOW SCRAP INSTRUCTIONS

We are taking a 12x12 page and designing it in the style of a Traveler’s Notebook two page spread. The canvas will be halved vertically. We will be designing a LEFT side and a RIGHT side that coordinate with each other. Also, be prepared to journal. Let’s begin:

THE LEFT SIDE
    1. Choose a bold, patterned background paper. This paper will cover the left half of your 12x12 canvas.
    2. Use one photo that is 5 to 5.5 inches wide and whatever height you like. You may stroke or frame it, as desired. Center it in the upper half of the left side and then move it over to align the right edges of the photo and the paper.
    3. Create a patterned paper piece that is the exact size of your photo. Place it under the photo and then shift it to the left and down.
    4. Create a floral cluster on top of the lower left corners of the photo and paper piece.
    5. Add an element on top of the upper right corner of the photo, shifted some towards the photo’s center. Anchor as desired with tape, staple, brad, another small element, etc.
    6. Add a paint splat to the background paper that is centered below, and peeks out around the edges of, the layers we’ve already put down.
    7. Use a big chunky alpha or font to create a three-lined title centered in the lower half of the left side.
    8. Add a date below the title work, using stamps, alphas, or filled in labels, as desired.
    THE RIGHT SIDE
    1. Choose a lightly patterned background paper that coordinates with the left side’s background paper. Place it in the right half of your canvas.
    2. Create a text box that is 4.5 inches in width and 7.5 inches in height. Fill this box with journaling. Alternatively, you can fill the same size of space with handwritten journaling (see tutorial) or journaling strips. Center the journaling on the right side.
    3. Place a word strip or word art, centered vertically on the right half, just above the journaling.
    4. Place an element or more word art, centered vertically on the right half, just below the journaling. Anchor as desired with tape, staple, brad, another small element, etc.
    FINISHING TOUCHES
    1. Add a large see-through arrow or bracket in the center of the entire page that points from the left to the right. Choose an element that is translucent, wire outline, die cut outline, etc. In at least one place, have it overlap a design element of your page like your journaling, photo, title work, etc.
    2. Add in any little things you like for finishing up: tape, dots, staples, etc
    ***Thank you all who joined the chat. Don't forget you have 24 hours to play AND Dawn was nice enough to offer a 75% off coupon that doesn't expire until Sunday. Woo hoo!!!! You can find it HERE! I can't wait to see your layouts!!
    Last edited by mocamom; 07-26-2019, 02:35 PM.

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    Awww! Look at that baby! Love the black, white, and yellow color scheme you chose and the cool shadowing. Thank you for playing!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    Amazing photo! Look at those cars! Love the patterns and elements you chose for this photo and story. Thank you so much for playing along!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    Love your page, Robin! And I really enjoyed co-hosting with you and chatting. Thank you for all you did!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    Rebellious students and clerks got imprisoned! That's crazy, LOL. I am so in love with the papers you chose for this page. They are so lovely and interesting. Thank you for playing!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    Oh my goodness - all that sticking! Love it so much. And you picked such great colors, patterns, and alphas for your story. Love everything!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    I loooooooove this story and that you scrapped this photo. What a treasure of a memory! The black and white theme is so good, too. Thank you for playing along!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    Great job! I love how you ended your journaling, LOL. And is it just me or does the red in your page bring out the redness in his lips? Not sure that's what you were going for, but there it is. Love your title!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    What a lovely moment! I love the colors you chose you to complement your photo. So glad you could play along and get such a nice page out of it!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    You're welcome - so glad you could play along! I looooove the tag on the photo and the torn paper piece below the title. Such nice details.

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    Love this story! You picked the perfect kit for it. Your title work is so fun, too!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    I love how used the font for that last step! Such a pretty page and I also like how you used the white block for your journaling. Nice page!

• dawnfarias
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, not bad! LOL. You rocked it!

• dawnfarias
    replied
    Thank you for playing along everyone! Your pages look GREAT! Here is my page that the instructions were based on. You all nailed it, that's for sure!

Leave a comment:

• sylvia
    replied
    too late .... but I liked to make a page

Leave a comment:

Working...
X