WEEK #4 | ORIENTEERING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #4 | ORIENTEERING

Hello everyone, and welcome to the final week -- WEEK #4 -- of our annual SUMMER CAMP event here at The Digital Press! I'll be your camp counselor for this week's ORIENTEERING challenge.

"Orienteering" means finding your way around with a map -- and this week, we've got another fun scavenger hunt for you to complete!
    That's right! You'll be finding your way around TDP's web site with the makeshift "map" you'll find below.

Here's how it will work...
    ...first, you'll use the clues that appear below the preview to navigate around The Digital Press site and find/download 8 pieces of this second mini kit sampler FREEBIE that coordinates with July 2019's Campground collaboration collection (the first mini kit sampler FREEBIE was a part of the WEEK #2 ORIENTEERING challenge earlier this month!).

Here's a look at what you'll be searching for (there are 8 pieces -- including 2 versions of the "Home Sweet Summer Home" card you see below)...

Here's what you'll do with these items once you find them...
    ...you'll use all 8 pieces, shown above, to create a brand-new project (digital or hybrid). You can use them in conjunction with any other products currently sold at The Digital Press (whether it's the full Campground collection, or some other product that you love... it's up to you!) --OR-- you can use them all by themselves (i.e. just the mini kit sampler you see above). It's completely up to you! The only requirement is that ALL 8 ITEMS SHOWN ABOVE appear visibly on your final page/project (and yes, you do have to use both versions of the card -- but be creative! They don't have to be used as cards, necessarily... we want to see how clever & creative everyone can be!).

Are you ready to play?

Here are your scavenger hunt clues...
    • What is the last name of the first woman to ever successfully climb the warped wall on the TV show "American Ninja Warrior"?
    • Who is credited with the quotation "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"? (last name)
    • What actor who tends to play dim-witted/goofy characters (such as in the movie The Hangover) is actually a medical doctor in real life? (last name)
    • What American author created and patented a self-pasting scrapbook in 1872? (last name)
    • What Swedish company with a recognizable 4-letter name is the world's largest furniture retailer?
    • What is the generation called that includes people born between 1981 and 1996 (-ish)?
    • Who is currently reported to be the richest person in the world? (last name)
    • Who is generally credited with inventing the modern car? (last name)
    Here's what you do with those clues...
    Once you think you have the correct answer for any of the clues/questions listed above... go to the main SHOP page at TDP... look for the search bar (top right corner of the page)... and enter your answer into that search field. If you have the correct answer, it should lead you to a product at TDP. Click that product, and if you're correct you'll find a download link at the bottom of the listing that looks a little something like this:

EXAMPLE:
    SUMMER CAMP 2019 -- ORIENTEERING WEEK #4 -- CLUE #1 -- DOWNLOAD HERE!
    ^ this is an approximation... things will look a little bit different in the shop... but you get the idea!

RULES

---Create a brand-new project (digital or hybrid) that uses ALL 8 ITEMS that you'll find using the scavenger hunt clues shown above
    ---Load your final layout/project into the challenge gallery here at TDP by 11:59pm ET on Sunday 7/28.
    ---Start a post for yourself in this thread, below, and link up your image from the gallery so we can see it!
    ---Copy the link from your post in this thread (using the link you get by clicking the little number at the top right corner of your post)... and then copy/paste that link into your own list in the main SUMMER CAMP 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    ---Have fun!

~ Laura ~

Using both orientations of the journal card was a bit of a curve ball!

Here's my page, using the rest of the collab as well.

Comment

TDP Summer Camp 2019 Week 4 Orienteering

Comment

Using the two journal cards was interesting. In one case I used the words and then used a cropped version of the tent twice.

Comment

Thanks for the fun mini. Here's mine:

Comment

Fun time again! Thank you!

Apart from the Swedish company that I love so much I had to google lol lol

Comment

Thanks for the fun quiz, and the freebie! I was SO sure that at least 2 or 3 of those could/should be "Tony Stark"!
              Last edited by corrin; 07-25-2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I cut the tent out of the second card and used it as an accent.

Comment

• christellevandyk
                  christellevandyk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great photos for a pocket page!

Comment

• christellevandyk
                  Editing a comment
                  Great page, and fantastic use of the mini!

here is my page

Comment

• christellevandyk
                  Editing a comment
                  Great use of the journal cards!

Phew, the two same cards really threw me!

Comment

They are all there! But I couldn't come up with another camping layout. It's not my thing!

Comment

{daydreamer. imagination. dreams. books. night owl. nights. stars. sky. sea. pizza. music. movies & TV series. fairy tales. fantasy. magic. unicorns. pigs. fall. winter. ♋June. kawaii. manga. anime. colours. SiciliaArgentina. family. daughter. aunt. sister}

Comment

I used the horizontal card in different orientations for a paper on the triangles.

Comment

Working...
                      X