WEEK #3 | ARTS & CRAFTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #3 | ARTS & CRAFTS

Hi everyone, and welcome to WEEK #3 of ARTS & CRAFTS at TDP's SUMMER CAMP 2019!

I confess that I’ve never been to summer camp growing up. But hey, it’s never too late to go to summer camp as an adult. So, I can check it off my bucket list. Check, ha!

I’m Wendy and I'll be your camp counselor this week for this fun challenge!

I so loved my childhood and one of my favorite things in my possession growing up was my sticker album. My friends and I would trade stickers and see how many were added to the pages of our albums. So fun! So, when the planner craze hit the scrapbooking world, I was just as obsessed on an adult level (aka still a child at heart). HA! As a hybrid artist, I definitely have lots of physical stickers in my stash to use on my hybrid pages. However, with the wonderful world of digital, that was non-existent in my youth, I can now add digitals in a printable format to my hybrid scrapbook pages and planners.

If you've ever spent time reading through the TDP blog, you know it's FULL of amazing ideas. Just like last week, you will have a choice of two previously released Tutorial Tuesday posts to pick from. Your Arts and Crafts challenge this week... is to select at least ONE of these two tutorials, shown below, and use it on your own brand-new page/project!

The two tutorials I've selected for us to choose from this week are shown here...

The first tutorial option this week is New Uses for Planner Kits.

The second tutorial option I've chosen this week is Move Your Process Forward (in 45 minutes). No cheating, the cyber timer is set for 45 minutes. Ha!
    Ready-Set-Go!

To give you an idea of what these tutorials can yield, fellow TDP creative team member Hillary played with these techniques to show you an idea.

Here's a look at Hillary’s sample page.

Hillary brought an interesting mix to her layout by using BOTH tutorials-in-one. Clever girl! Not only did she put on her cyber 45-minute timer but she is game strong on the planner details used throughout her layout.

Waiting for Fireworks by Hillary

Travelers Notebook Insert Pack No. 2 | by Humble & Create
    Red, White, & Blue - Collection | by Cornelia Designs
    Slightly Off - Alpha | by Dawn by Design
    Bold Words (modified to make the word "for") | by Dawn by Design
    Slightly Off - Elements | by Dawn by Design
    Cute & Pretty - Elements | by Dawn by Design
    Cherry Bomb - Elements | by Dawn by Design

Here are the rules for this week's "Arts & Crafts" challenge:
    • Your creation must be a new page or hybrid project that uses at least ONE of the two tutorials shown above, in this post.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm PT on Sunday 7/21/2019.
    • Once you've loaded your page or project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your page or project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your page or project here in this thread, copy the URL of your post from this thread and add it to the Summer Camp 2019 Tracking Thread.
    • Most of all ... have fun!
    Now that you've seen a few examples, let's see yours! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Tell us which tutorial option you chose (or, if you try both -- let us know that!)... and show off your page here so we can give you some love!
    Last edited by Wendy Morris-Saponaro; 07-20-2019, 09:36 PM.
    ---------- WENDY ----------

This was a very challenging task
    arts&craftsweek3 by creuss, on Flickr

Comment

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
      Editing a comment
      LOVE it!!! Challenging? Come onnnn....you nailed it! BOOM!

• Oscaralley
      Oscaralley commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow....this is so awesome!! Love those tiny pics!

Tdp Summer Camp 2019 Week 3 Challenge Arts and Crafts
    Really not sure that this meets the criteria for Use for Planner Kits. If I am completely off the mark, please let me know.
    I thought to try the 45mins challenge, but failed miserably!

Comment

• Oscaralley
      Oscaralley commented
      Editing a comment
      This is super cute!

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
      Editing a comment
      Slam dunk! Love it and all those details in the squares!

After thinking about it for a day this took 30 minutes to do. I also tried to use a planner kit. Hope it is what you are looking for.

Comment

Move Your Process Forward challenge

Comment

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
      Editing a comment
      Just love love love those photos, especially the highlight with the larger photos! AWESOME!!

I used Move Your Process Forward (in 45 minutes) - the page took me less an half hour since I already had a number of photos set aside that I wanted to scrapbook during camp.

Comment

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
      Editing a comment
      Lovely photo!! Just precious!! I do believe you knocked it outta the park with the challenge!

Moved my process forward, completed this page in about 40 minutes (i was faffing with shadows and that’s why it took extra long)

Comment

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
      Editing a comment
      Love the tones of orange, one of my favorite colors! Awesome job on nailing the challenge!!

TDP Summer Camp
    Week 3: Arts and Crafts

I love planner stickers. I used the planner kits to reproduce a week of summer crazy

Kits: Productivity, Day Planner, One kit two ways/By day, Summer De Lite collabs

Comment

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the font you used for your journaling. Share, please, what is it? #fontaholic

• beckychart
      beckychart commented
      Editing a comment
      Kat, Thank you! The font I used is Ink Free #fellowfontaholic

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
      Editing a comment
      Quite fab my dear on all levels!! All those planner accents...perfect!

I choose Move Your Process Tutorial
    My layout took less than 20 minutes

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...nd-now&cat=502

Comment

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't believe that Dakota is almost a year old!

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
      Editing a comment
      First of all, suchhhhhh a cutie patootie!!! Great layout in 20 minutes! WOO HOOOOO!!!

• tiffany scraps
      tiffany scraps commented
      Editing a comment
      I know Kat Hansen I'm going to need another grand babe

I'm going to give the 45-minute layout a go (great tips in the tutorial!) ... be back in an hour by the time I pick my kit ...so glad that doesn't count in the 45 minutes

Comment

I'm back! Wow, 43 minutes ... phew! I did the L-shaped design (truth be told, I started with the band, but then thought the "L" would work better ... I know, I know, don't change the design, just stick with one #fail ). Have to say, doing photos, papers, title, journaling and THEN embellishments was a real change to my workflow!

Comment

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
        Editing a comment
        All those details in an amazing layout flow in 45 minutes...YOU DA WOMAN! BOOM!!!

I did this layout in 25 minutes! I used the block design and tried to follow the process as described. I always use templates but I didn't this time! To be fair, it took me a while to decide what to scrap and what kit to use, but I'm really happy with the quick results.

Comment

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
        Editing a comment
        I love the simplicity/minimalism to your layout!!! Only 25 minutes?! WAY TO GOOOO!!!

SUPER LOVIN' all the projects in the Challenges!! You all are fierce!

There's still time to join in on one and/or both of the Challenges!
      Grab all the details above!

Deadline: no later than 11:59pm PT on Sunday 7/21/2019.
      ---------- WENDY ----------

Comment

I did the planner pieces as layout elements. Great idea!

Comment

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
          Editing a comment
          AWESOME and just perfect use of those planner icons!! Nailed it!
      Working...
      X