WEEK#3 | LETTERS HOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK#3 | LETTERS HOME

Hello Summer (or Winter if you're on my half of the world) Campers!

This is WEEK #3 of TDP's SUMMER CAMP 2019... and I am your camp counselor for the WEEK #3 LETTERS HOME challenge! I just love it when we have games and challenges to amuse and inspire. Some of my favourite layouts come from a challenge where I was forced to think outside of the box and I did something different, documented some memory and had another page done for the scrapbooks.

This week's challenge is to tell a story about a song. Songs have the ability to take us right back to a place and time. You hear the music and you can remember what you loved, what phase of life you were in and all of this with a few lines of a great song. Often I can recall all of the words of a song from the eighties, and yet not remember what I walked into my bedroom for.

This week, your challenge is to journal at least 100 words (or more) about a song and the memory it inspires. You may include the lyrics and song title, but they will not count towards your 100 word requirement.

Here is my own example layout...

[ this page uses ninigoesdigi's Behind the wheel Elements, Patterns and Solid Papers ]

As you can see from my example, I used current photos of a drive we took that reminded me of when I was a child and went to the same location and the song we used to sing along the way. You do not need to have photos from the memory you share, you can have current photos, or photos of yourself from that time. Whatever you prefer.

Here is another layout example by TDP creative team member Tiffany...
    [ her page uses Joyce Paul's What Matters Most kit ]

To ensure that you qualify for this week's badge... here is the fine print:
    • Your creation must be a new page or project that features at least 100 (ONE HUNDRED) words of journaling about a song and the memory it inspires (and while your layout may include lyrics and a song title, they may not be counted towards your 100 words).
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded to the CHALLENGE GALLERY no later than 11:59pm PT on Sunday 7/21, 2019
    • Once you've posted your page or project in the challenge gallery, please also leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your page or project in the gallery
    • Additionally, please copy the URL of your post from this thread... and add it to the Summer Camp 2019 Tracking Thread.
    • Above all, have fun and create a lasting page featuring a song that holds some special significance to you!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 07-15-2019, 03:02 PM.

I used 141 words of text.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Stunning, love the Christmassy feel and the use of diagonal draw within the design, thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful memory keeping, thanks so much for playing along with our challenge this week. A stunning tribute page.

TDP Summer Camp 2019 Week 3 Journaling
    I have added the QR code if you want to listen to the song!

Last edited by nanascrapper; 07-18-2019, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      So very true, the power of a song to take us back in time and to evoke emotions. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.

TDP Summer Camp 2019

Week 3: Letters Home

Kit: One Kit Two Ways / Boys Rule

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it! The fabulous documenting, the handsome young man and the reason for his name choice - beautifully done.
      Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.

This one made me tear up a bit. Exactly 100 words!

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful, love the eye catching photo and the delightful foundational layering, well done. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.

It's so hot, I was thinking of Christmas!

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge this week. I love the traditional Christmas colours and elements - perfect for the story you told.

Love this challenge so much!

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful, just loved reading your journaling and the wonder of the memories documented, thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.

This brought back memories.

Last edited by Kay S; 07-22-2019, 12:29 AM. Reason: Fixed typos in layout and reposted.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Stunning, I love the journaling on the tag and the inclusion of the lyrics - well done.
      Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.
Working...
X