WEEK #4 | ARTS & CRAFTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #4 | ARTS & CRAFTS

Welcome toWeek 4 of Summer Camp here at The Digital Press! I hope you all are having a fantastic time, learning some new things, meeting new people, and just having fun!

I'm Jan and I am your counselor for the WEEK #4 ARTS & CRAFTS challenge! Once again, for the Arts & Crafts project you'll be making a layout using tutorials from our blog. If you have ever browsed all the fabulous tutorials on the TDP Blog, you know there are tons of options for making your layouts unique or learning some new tricks. This week I have selected two super fun posts from our Tutorial Tuesdays for you to choose from! You simply have to select at least ONE of these two tutorials, shown below, and use it on your own brand-new page/project!

Frame It Up - I tend to use frames for just what they are and not get very creative with them. This post has some great ideas for different ways to use them.

Or

Digital Art Trading Cards - I love ATCs. They are such a fun and creative way to use those digi-supplies!

To give you some inspiration, here is an ATC I created. I have always admired the beautiful ATCs I’ve seen in the galleries, but never really tried it.This was just what I needed. It was super fun to try this new technique and have something that I can share with someone else!

CT member Carrie applied techniques from the Frame It Up tutorial on her page, including adding a broad stroke to her photo, and using frames as a design element (the offset frame overlapping her photo, the stack of skewed frames underneath, and even the same frame - with a wood grain paper clipped to it - blended into the bright pink paper). She also used elements (mostly flowers) to frame one side of her photo.

Here are the rules for this "Arts & Crafts" challenge:
    • Your creation must be a new page or hybrid project that uses at least ONE of the two tutorials shown above, in this post.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm PT on Sunday 7/28, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your page or project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your page or project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your page or project here in this thread, copy the URL of your post from this thread and add it to the Summer Camp 2019 Tracking Thread.
    • Most of all ... have fun!
    Last edited by caliten; 07-19-2019, 06:33 PM.

TDP Summer Camp 2019 Week 4 Arts and Crafts
    I used the "Frame It Up" tip.
    I used a journal card and cut out the lens for my photo placement. Then for added depth I placed the circular frame from the kit on top.
    Last edited by nanascrapper; 07-23-2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      How awesome and creative is that!! I adore it! Thanks for playing along!!

I .used a frame as the holder for my charm string, as a base for a cluster and as a photo frame.

Comment

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool, Jan! What a creative way to use the frame!! Thanks so much for playing along!!

Comment

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow!! Those are so great!! I love them!! Thanks for playing along!

I used just a white box to frame around my tulips. I put them on an angle with a black paper to pop them out a bit

Comment

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh love the angle design!! This is beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along!

I made some ATC cards that I will print out and put in cards that I send out as a little extra thing.

Comment

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      OH wow!! Those are so gorgeous!! I'm sure whoever receives them will love them! Thanks for playing along!

This was so fun!

Comment

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks fantastic!! Absolutely beautiful design!! Thanks so much for playing along!

I used -frame it up-

Comment

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      What a lovely page!! Thanks so much for playing along!

I layered some frames. I've always liked this look.

Comment

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      Love those great frame layers! Beautiful page!! Thanks for playing along!!

Made an ATC, thank you Jan

{daydreamer. imagination. dreams. books. night owl. nights. stars. sky. sea. pizza. music. movies & TV series. fairy tales. fantasy. magic. unicorns. pigs. fall. winter. ♋June. kawaii. manga. anime. colours. SiciliaArgentina. family. daughter. aunt. sister}

Comment

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      What a beautiful ATC! I love the wood background! Thanks so much for playing along!!
Working...
X