WEEK #4 | LETTERS HOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #4 | LETTERS HOME

Hello everyone, and welcome to WEEK #4 of our annual SUMMER CAMP event here at The Digital Press! I’m Donna, and I'll be your camp counselor for this week's LETTERS HOME challenge.

Letters used to be a staple of communication. Sending news, keeping war-separated lovers connected, sharing a tasty bit of gossip or a way to make a friend half way around the world. Letters recorded our thoughts, our history.

With today’s technologies, letter writing is becoming a dying art. Rather than putting pen to paper, for most of us, it now feels more natural to send texts and emails that we can quickly type out within seconds (and with little regard for proper grammar and punctuation). And while I embrace these technologies, I also miss the thoughts and heartfelt sentiments found in the letters of our past.

So for this week's Letters Home Challenge let’s step out of our text crazed world for a moment and write a good old fashioned letter… but not just any letter…. Using at least 100 words, write a letter to your 10-year-old self. Knowing what you know now, what would you tell your 10-year-old self?

Here's a sample page that I created … and as you can see, I didn’t give away too many facts. I wouldn’t want my future to unfold any differently than it has... (Though I was tempted to throw in a few winning lottery numbers.)

[ this page uses Limited Edition by KimB]

And here's another example layout that fellow camper and creative team member Anita created...

[ this page uses Edure by Kim B ]

And, here's a look at the official rules...

Just to make sure you can get your Letters Home Camp badge, here is the fine print:
    • Your creation must be a new page or project that uses at least 100 (one hundred) words of journaling in the form of a letter to your 10-year-old self.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm PT on Sunday 7/28, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your page or project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your page or project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your page or project here in this thread, copy the URL of your post from this thread... and add it to the Summer Camp 2019 Tracking Thread.
    • Most of all... have fun!
    Last edited by apottinger; 07-21-2019, 09:15 AM.

Week 4 Letters Home

Comment

• Donnatopia
      Donnatopia commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the neutral tones and the simplicity of your layout... and oh, what a heartfelt message! Thanks for playing along!

157 words

Comment

• Donnatopia
      Donnatopia commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to go look at your credits to see if this was real or digi... great job. I love the feel of your layout! Thanks for playing along!

Last edited by Mickeyap1; 07-27-2019, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• Donnatopia
      Donnatopia commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovely LO Michelle and such great advice....thanks for playing along!

Comment

• Donnatopia
      Donnatopia commented
      Editing a comment
      aw, I love the advice you gave your 10 year old self...and such a pretty layout, too! Thanks for playing along!

Comment

• Donnatopia
      Donnatopia commented
      Editing a comment
      I love how you advise yourself to stay true to yourself...great LO. Thanks for playing along!

Comment

• Donnatopia
      Donnatopia commented
      Editing a comment
      ha...love that last sentence. Great letter, great page. Thanks for playing along.
Working...
X