WEEK #4 | MESS HALL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #4 | MESS HALL

Hello Campers!! It's time for WEEK #4 of MESS HALL for SUMMER CAMP 2019! I am Jennifer, your camp counselor for this week! For our last week we are talking about drinks/cocktails! Who doesn't love a good drink after a long day.

If you haven't already taken a look at our previous recipes, we've done
    Week #1
    Week #2
    Week #3

First up this week is a wonderful Sherbet Punch!

photo from Natasha's Kitchen

Raspberry Party Punch Ingredients:
    2 Liter Bottle Sierra Mist, Sprite or 7-up, chilled
    2 Liter Bottle Club Soda, chilled
    1 Fruit punch can (12oz), or pink lemonade, thawed in the fridge
    1 Pineapple juice can (12oz), thawed in the fridge
    6-8 scoops Raspberry Sherbet Ice cream, or any flavor you have available
    For Garnish
    Fresh or frozen raspberries for garnish
    Pineapple slices for garnish (canned or fresh)

How to Make Raspberry Sorbet Party Punch:
    1. Pre-scoop ice cream and place on a baking dish lined with plastic wrap. Freeze and add ice cream just before serving so it remains frozen in the punch.
    2. In a punch bowl, combine: 2 juice cans. Pour in Sierra Mist and Club Soda and gently stir until combined.
    3. Add pineapple slices and raspberries if using and top with scooped sherbet just before serving. The ice cream will keep it chilled. Add cold water or ice if desired to control how sweet your punch is. Note: once the ice cream melts, the punch will be sweeter.

Second is a wonderful looking and I'm sure tasty drink from kaphelps (KerriAnne)

Photo from Heritage Distillery

Here is a drink with a boozy twist on everyone's favorite summertime drink- lemonade! This simple cocktail uses Lavender vodka for an unexpected twist, but any type of fruit flavored vodka - strawberry, melon or even vanilla would be delicious.

All you need is:
    2 oz flavored vodka (I used Heritage Distilling Lavender)
    2oz Lemonade
    2oz Club Soda
    Lemon and Lavender for garnish or fruit of choice

How to Make Lavender Lemonade:
    1. Combine Lavender vodka and lemonade over ice.
    2. Top with club soda.
    3.Garnish with a fresh lemon wedge and a lavender sprig.
    4. Light and refreshing for those hot summer evenings!
    5. Enjoy!

Third is a wonderful Mixed Berry Sangria for a summer party!

Photo from Simply Recipes

All you need is:
    3 tablespoons sugar
    1 Orange cut into chunks, seeds removed
    1 1/4 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen, such as blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries
    1 750-ml bottle red wine
    1/3 cup brandy
    3/4 cup orange juice
    Extra fruit for garnish (optional)
    Soda water (optional)

How to Make Mixed Berry Sangria:
    1. Muddle the fruit with sugar: Place sugar, orange chunks, and berries into a pitcher and smash with a wooden spoon or a muddler to release some of the juices and break up the fruit a little bit.
    2. Add the red wine, brandy, and orange juice and steep for about 5 minutes or up to 2 hours. The flavors will mellow and improve the longer you can wait before serving.
    3. Pour into glasses filled with ice and extra fruit. If you prefer a very clear sangria with no fruit pulp, pour the sangria through a strainer when serving.
    If you want, add some soda water to your sangria for some bubbles.

Just to make sure you can get your Mess Hall Camp badge for this week... here is the fine print:
    • You need to try any ONE (1) of the recipes, take photos of your result, and share them in this forum thread*
    • You have until 11:59 pm PT on Sunday 7/28, 2019 to post your photos here
    • Once you've posted your page or project here in this thread, copy the URL of your post from this thread and add it to the Summer Camp 2019 Tracking Thread.
    • Most of all ... have fun! (although, letting us know what you thought of the recipe would be awesome, too!)
    Last edited by Hillary; 07-23-2019, 01:43 AM.

I'm not a big lemonade fan & we didn't have any- I used ingredients we had already for a twist on the first recipe! I used 2 oz of Mandarin Orange vodka, 2 ounces of Orange Juice & orange sparkling water. It's quite delish if I must say! THanks for the inspiration!

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for joining. Love the bubbly can matches the vodka!

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that you've captured pics of you making it! Looks great Jan, thanks for joining. How did you like it?

We made the Sangria. Perfect for a going-away party for our daughter!

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks yummy. I love it. That glass is really neat as well!

This weekend was madness, so the only photo I have is this one (excuse the extra beer haha)... I used pink lemonade but it still tasted delicious. Yum!

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      Neat idea. Love to see all the fruit in there.

Summer Camp Week 4 Mess Hall Sherbert Punch. Had to substitute Sorbet for sherbert, but think it is an equivalent. Thought I had a tin of pineapple in pantry, but didn't.
    Didn't seem to make a lot of froth, but tasted good and was given the thumbs up by the grandchildren! So hope it counts....

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      MMMM...that looks so good. Love the pale pink color.

I don't drink alcohol, but my parents do

Last edited by Farwen; 07-28-2019, 09:45 PM.
    {daydreamer. imagination. dreams. books. night owl. nights. stars. sky. sea. pizza. music. movies & TV series. fairy tales. fantasy. magic. unicorns. pigs. fall. winter. ♋June. kawaii. manga. anime. colours. SiciliaArgentina. family. daughter. aunt. sister}

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! Love to see the big fancy pitcher.
Working...
X