WEEK #2 | ORIENTEERING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #2 | ORIENTEERING

Hello everyone, and welcome to WEEK #2 of our annual SUMMER CAMP event here at The Digital Press! I'll be your camp counselor for this week's ORIENTEERING challenge.

"Orienteering" means finding your way around with a map -- and this week, we've got a fun scavenger hunt for you to complete!
    That's right! You'll be finding your way around TDP's web site with the makeshift "map" you'll find below.

Here's how it will work...
    ...first, you'll use the clues that appear below the preview to navigate around The Digital Press site and find/download 7 pieces of the first mini kit sampler FREEBIE that coordinates with July 2019's Campground collaboration collection (the second mini kit sampler FREEBIE will be a part of the WEEK #4 ORIENTEERING challenge later this month!).

Here's a look at what you'll be searching for (there are 7 pieces included)...

Here's what you'll do with these items once you find them...
    ...you'll use all 7 pieces, shown above, to create a brand-new project (digital or hybrid). You can use them in conjunction with any other products currently sold at The Digital Press (whether it's the full Campground collection, or some other product that you love... it's up to you!) --OR-- you can use them all by themselves (i.e. just the mini kit sampler you see above). It's completely up to you! The only requirement is that ALL 7 ITEMS SHOWN ABOVE appear visibly on your final page/project.

Are you ready to play?

Here are your scavenger hunt clues...
    • In honor of the recent Women's World Cup... what is the largest-ever crowd to watch a women's sporting event? (enter your answer without commas)
    • In what year was Photoshop invented? (again, enter your answer without any commas)
    • What was John Cusack's character's name in the movie "Say Anything"?
    • Fill in the blank: when it comes to kitchen measurements, there are 16 _____ in a cup.
    • What city in Alaska just set a record for hottest-ever recorded temperature on July 4, 2019 at 90 degrees F?
    • Peppermint or Spearmint? (there is only one correct answer here, people -- and it's the most colorful option)
    • Fill in the blank: "How much wood could a _____ chuck if a _____ could chuck wood?"
    Here's what you do with those clues...
    Once you think you have the correct answer for any of the clues/questions listed above... go to the main SHOP page at TDP... look for the search bar (top right corner of the page)... and enter your answer into that search field. If you have the correct answer, it should lead you to a product at TDP. Click that product, and if you're correct you'll find a download link at the bottom of the listing that looks a little something like this:

EXAMPLE:
    SUMMER CAMP 2019 -- ORIENTEERING #1 -- DOWNLOAD HERE!
    ^ this is an approximation... things will look a little bit different in the shop... but you get the idea!

RULES

---Create a brand-new project (digital or hybrid) that uses ALL 7 ITEMS that you'll find using the scavenger hunt clues shown above
    ---Load your final layout/project into the challenge gallery here at TDP by 11:59pm PT on Sunday 7/14.
    ---Start a post for yourself in this thread, below, and link up your image from the gallery so we can see it!
    ---Copy the link from your post in this thread (using the link you get by clicking the little number at the top right corner of your post)... and then copy/paste that link into your own list in the main SUMMER CAMP 2019 TRACKING THREAD.
    ---Have fun!

~ Laura ~

Woot woot!! I did it! And apparently I chose the right answer for the minty question lol
    That was fun! Thank you!!

Comment

How fun! Thanks for the lovely freebies.

Comment

I get the same element for both questions # 2 and #3.
        The black card seems to be missing or have I not had enough coffee just yet

Comment

• Laura Passage
          Laura Passage commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi elainem ~
          I just double-checked it and I've got 2 separate downloads for those 2 questions (the 2nd one should yield a download named ' tdp_summercamp2019_week2_orientation_2-of-7 ' and the 3rd should yield ' tdp_summercamp2019_week2_orientation_3-of-7 '). The black card should be in the one named ' 2-of-7 ' ...hopefully you just downloaded the 3rd one an extra time by accident, and you can go back to the 2nd question and grab it.

Let us know!

• ninigoesdigi
          ninigoesdigi commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. Just unzipped to be sure but I got the right amount of files and the right elements inside. I hope it's just a lack of coffee

• elainem
          elainem commented
          Editing a comment
          Laura Passage @ninagoesdigi
          I finally got the right stuff. Don't laugh at my really unusual use of these elements below.

This was fun. Thanks for the sampler.

Last edited by jang; 07-09-2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks for this fun game. Hopefully my friend Google was there !

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• elainem
            elainem commented
            Editing a comment
            Love your layout, So clever.

• gwany1999
            gwany1999 commented
            Editing a comment
            The stitches are so fun.

• careuss
            careuss commented
            Editing a comment
            I really love how creative this layout is. I would have never thought about circles! Awesome!

I had to Google all the answers #facepalm #blonde

Comment

• ninigoesdigi
            ninigoesdigi commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too!! ROTFL
            Lovely page!

• gwany1999
            gwany1999 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same! Thank heavens for google!

I had to google them all too (except the mint question!) - but I had fun and learned a few new fun facts along the way! thanks!

Comment

That was really fun, thank you! I did notice one mistake, though - peppermint is the correct answer to the best mint so you might want to correct that.

ETA - I had to google the first three (I spaced on Lloyd's last name ) but I got the rest - huzzah!
            Last edited by HilltownGrrl; 07-09-2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Laura Passage
              Laura Passage commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL -- no, that **IS** the answer! It's supposed to be the only one that works. Whaaaaaat?!

I couldn't resist this. I haven't camped in years and have no photos of this activity. The truth be told in this layout. haha

Comment

• ninigoesdigi
              ninigoesdigi commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry! I laughed. ROTFL
              Super fun page!!

• corrin
              corrin commented
              Editing a comment
              lol, yep I am with you!! love your layout!

• Kat Hansen
              Kat Hansen commented
              Editing a comment
              OMG, I love this!

My layout!

Comment

What a fun challenge!! I also used a few goodies from Summer Stories by Humble and Create …

Comment

Thank you for the sampler! It was fun to get it I used all the 7 pieces

{daydreamer. imagination. dreams. books. night owl. nights. stars. sky. sea. pizza. music. movies & TV series. fairy tales. fantasy. magic. unicorns. pigs. fall. winter. ♋June. kawaii. manga. anime. colours. SiciliaArgentina. family. daughter. aunt. sister}

Comment

TDP Summer Camp 2019 Week 2 Orienteering

Comment

here is my page

Comment

Working...
                    X