WEEK #2 | LETTERS HOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #2 | LETTERS HOME

Hi there Summer Campers! How is everyone liking Summer Camp so far? This is always one of my favorite times of year. So many great challenges... leading to so many great layouts!

OK, so here we are in Week #2, and I'm your camp counselor for the WEEK #2 LETTERS HOME challenge.

This week's Letter's Home challenge is going to focus on... GRATITUDE! Ahhh, one of my favorites. Life can get so busy and hectic and stressful... sometimes we need to pause, take a breath, and remember what we're grateful for. Doing that always helps calm my mind and set me straight again. And these days, I feel lucky to have so much to be grateful for. So I want to hear what YOU are grateful for. What gives your life meaning? What brings you joy? What puts a smile on your face? I can't wait to find out! So put your scrappin' hats on and create a layout that features at least 100 words of something you are grateful for. Could be one thing... could be a list... it's up to you!

Here's a sample page that I created about one of my biggest sources of gratitude...

[ this page uses goodies from Rachel Hodge (Baby Boy) and the kit is from Dawn By Design (All Boy) ]

And here's another example layout that fellow camper and creative team member Ashley created...

[ this page uses Rachel Etrog's July Stuff kit & pocket cards ]

Meanwhile, here's a look at the official rules...

Just to make sure you can get your Letters Home Camp badge, here is the fine print:
    • Your creation must be a new page or project that uses at least 100 (one hundred) words of journaling about something you are grateful for.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm PT on Sunday 7/14, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your page or project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your page or project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your page or project here in this thread, copy the URL of your post from this thread... and add it to the Summer Camp 2019 Tracking Thread.
    • Most of all... have fun!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 07-08-2019, 12:38 PM.

There are 140 words.

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww love this! Great journaling. Where in WI do you live then? I grew up in Milwaukee. I miss the lakes so much... I'm in Phoenix AZ now and there's just something so special about the midwest, right?! Thanks for playing!

• AshScraps
      AshScraps commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful page Jan. Simple, but beautiful!

• Oscaralley
      Oscaralley commented
      Editing a comment
      Jan...what a beautiful place to have grown up in. Love your photos and your journaling!

TDP Summer Camp 2019 Week 2 Letters Home

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Love love love your page and all the things you are thankful for! Wonderful! Thank you for playing.

• AshScraps
      AshScraps commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing better than a great selfie!

• Oscaralley
      Oscaralley commented
      Editing a comment
      This is so great!! Love your selfie and all that you are grateful for!!

Originally posted by nanascrapper View Post
    TDP Summer Camp 2019 Week 2 Letters Home
    Thank you mocamom for your lovely comments. Glad my layout put a smile on your dial! Your reply certainly put one on mine. Re photos, I am slowly (very slowly) getting the hang of taking selfies. I'm very glad of the timer function, but don't tell anyone I use it! Haha!

Comment

This was super challenging for me because I don't usually journal, but I loved how it came out
      Journalingweek2 by creuss, on Flickr

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Aww love it! Isn't it wonderful how so often the things that we are grateful for are people. Your page makes my heart happy! Thanks for playing!

• AshScraps
        AshScraps commented
        Editing a comment
        I love this! Your tribe sounds amazing!

• Oscaralley
        Oscaralley commented
        Editing a comment
        What a sweet tribe you have!!! Beautiful layout!

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh I love this! What an amazing list of things to be grateful for - totally totally love it. Great page, thank you so much for playing!

• Oscaralley
        Oscaralley commented
        Editing a comment
        Looove this!! I am grateful for so many of those things too! I'm not sure I would survive in NYC! I could live in the country away from everyone. My anxiety would get the best of me...lol

TDP Summer Camp 2019
      Week 2: Letters Home
      Kit: Beginnings TDP Collab

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Aw man I love this! Everyone's gratitude lists are so sweet and wonderful - thank you so much for playing! I want to go have a weekend like that!

• Oscaralley
        Oscaralley commented
        Editing a comment
        What a great trip with family and the ones you love!!

Comment

• Oscaralley
        Oscaralley commented
        Editing a comment
        Such a blessing to have a Great Husband!!! Sweet layout!

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        This journaling warms my heart... thank you so much for playing! I know how amazing a great husband can be as a partner and father so I can relate. Great layout - simple and perfect!

Okay, you have to understand that I was GRATEFUL Kenzie wasn't hurt, and the car wasn't hurt any more than it was! This happened at the beginning of the year and she STILL won't drive my husband's car!!

Save
      Save

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow! Glad everyone was ok! I had a similar thing happen actually... so I can relate! Thanks for playing along!

• Oscaralley
        Oscaralley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank God she was okay! Love how you used the plate for the photo!

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        So sorry for your loss, love the way you are able to find good things to be grateful for regardless. Love the dark edge to your page and the delicate stitching so very symbolic.

• Oscaralley
        Oscaralley commented
        Editing a comment
        So sorry for your loss. So glad that your son was able to help coping. Love the stitches holding the photos down.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal..._webcopy_2.jpg

Comment

Shannon what a great challenge!!! As I read them, it made me realize that I have SOOOOO much to be THANKFUL for!!! I love everyone's layouts and may give a go at creating a layout!

Comment

• shannonc
          shannonc commented
          Editing a comment
          Aw I'm glad you think so. Yeah I've totally enjoyed reading everyone's journaling... such wonderful stories and tribes and things that folks are grateful for... totally love it. Definitely make a layout too!

A little late to the party, but here's my page - all about my Mum.

Comment

Working...
        X