WEEK #1 | LETTERS HOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #1 | LETTERS HOME

Hello everyone, old friends and new! Welcome to SUMMER CAMP 2019!

I hope you are going to have a blast with all the chatting around the bonfire, the arts & crafts, some orienteering, the ever popular time in the mess hall, and especially the letters home, over the next four weeks of Summer Camp 2019. I am Corrin, and I will be your Camp Counselor for this week's Letters Home.

The intent (get it - inTENT ) of the Letters Home category is to encourage you to journal about all the details of your chosen topic/activity/photo, to capture the memory in words (and numbers) as well as pictures.

So, for this week's Letters Home Challenge, I would like you to make a page or project that includes AT LEAST 100 WORDS of journaling, and AT LEAST 3 (THREE) STATISTICS.

You could choose to include the statistics in the narrative of your journaling, or you could have them in a separate list. The statistics could be about anything, how many hours you spend travelling to your destination; how many tacos you ate; the number of buses/trains/taxis you went in; how many days you dreamed of visiting this place or doing this thing; how many times you were asked "are we there yet?" - pretty much anything at all, as long as there are three (3) or more different statistics (which means there must be some numbers involved) and at least 100 words.

Here is the page I made about a recent family holiday, and as you can see I made a list of statistics counting down from 5 to 1 - showing the things we did or things we saw on our holiday - with big numbers on the paper blocks, and the 102 words of journaling sneaked in between the rows of squares.

Another way you choose to include your statistics, is to just put them as details in your journaling. That is the way I chose to include the statistics about how many teacher, how many students, how far they traveled and for how long!

[ credit: For both of these pages I used the new Are We There Yet? collection by Laura Passage ]

My fellow creative team member Barbara has made an example page, too. Barbara's page is about her (and her family's) love of camping. She clearly used a lot more than 100 words in her journaling! You'll find her stats written over a few of the photos (counting how many different types of campers she & her family camped in over the years and the number of bonfires they had over the years).

[ credits: she created her pages using Julia Makotinsky's Gone Campin Full Page Kit and Gone Campin Flairs ]

And now... it is your turn! Your page doesn't have to be about a holiday trip or travelling, you could scrap about any event you'd like to. I am excited to see what you will do, and how you will show the statistics!

Just to make sure you can get your Letters Home Camp badge, here is the fine print:
    • Your creation must be a new page or project that uses at least 100 (one hundred) words of journaling, and at least 3 (three) statistics/numbers - and no, the date does not count.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59 pm PT on Sunday 7/7, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your page or project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your page or project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your page or project here in this thread, copy the URL of your post from this thread... and add it to the Summer Camp 2019 Tracking Thread.
    • Most of all ... have fun!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 07-01-2019, 12:42 PM.

Week 1: Letters Home
    Kit: Get Outside Blogtrain, I used: Humble & Create, Dawn by Design, Rachel Etrog, Laura Passage, and Kimb Designs

Comment

• ninigoesdigi
      ninigoesdigi commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my! It's crazy how much they change in just one year. Especially your eldest! Wonderful page!!

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      oh what a great idea! I take pictures on the first day of school each year, but never thought to take a last day of school too - I might have to start! But 2 surgeries in 4 months does not sound fun I hope you are fully recovered and finished with surgery! Thanks for joining in with the challenge.

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      So fun!!

Here's my page, with the stats on the word strips.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I have few rock throwers in my family too, it can work magic! I love your page, thanks for joining in with the letters home challenge

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG. I love that large photo!!

168 words plus numbers.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      what a great story, and what an expensive ice cream!!! lol! I'm glad it was delicious, and I'm sure that Tia will be thrilled with your baby purchases too, so it will all be worth it in the end! I love the way you have titled your page, and the statistics are great, "The free gelato cost us over $100" - lol perfect! Thanks for joining in with summer camp and this challenge!

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      That's some spendy ice cream!

One statistic is in my journaling (1 dinner made up of ice cream) and the other two are on my page (two scoops) and (one flavor birthday cake).

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      hey, lovely to see you again, and your LO is gorgeous as ever! I'd count the "14th Annual Pyjama day" as a statistic too! Thanks for playing along with the challenge, hope you are having fun
      Last edited by corrin; 07-04-2019, 04:05 PM.

• AshScraps
      AshScraps commented
      Editing a comment
      So fun to see you posting your layouts! I've missed seeing your pages! Great page as always!

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your page design!

Here is mine.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...r-trek&cat=519

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t envy you the walk pulling hand carts, but I hope you enjoyed it! I love your page, especially the stats on the little tag tucked on at the bottom, that is so cute! Thanks for playing along!

TDP Summer Camp 2019 Week 1 Letters Home

To read journalling easier here are the separate pages

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, I love your journaling! And the cat image in the centre of the left page is purrfect! The countdown of how long it took the cat to appear is hilarious, and a great way to include the statistics in your page. Beautifully and ingeniously done! Thank for joining in

Mine are embedded in the journaling.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your very stylish and innovative page Carrie, the stats blend into your journaling and I love the map overlay too. Thanks for joining in!

Thanks for the challenge!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow what an amazing place! Thanks for joining in with the challenge, such lovely details in your journaling and the list up at the top too. Great job!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh that is a really clever place to put your journaling! I love it! And the big statistics are great too, thanks for playing along with the challenge

Originally posted by nanascrapper View Post
    TDP Summer Camp 2019 Week 1 Letters Home

To read journalling easier here are the separate pages
    Hi Corrin. Thanks for your feedback. Postscript to this. I was on my own yesterday on cat sitting duty. Missy had to put up with just me and surprisingly came out straight away. Cuddled up on my lap after she had eaten, but blotted her copy book by giving me quite a substantial bite whilst I was stroking her! Well that confirms why I am not a fan of cats. I mean why would you bite the hand that feeds you!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no! it sounded for a minute there as if there was going to be a “happily ever after” to your relationship, but I guess you will just be happy when your daughter comes home! It was so good of you to do this when you are not a cat fan!

I always dread journaling, though I know I should do more of it!

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...6558&nocache=1

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that alpha for adding some wow factor to your stats! Thanks for playing along with the challenge

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww, such a sweet and funny story! I love your soft heart, and hope you are happy with all 3 dogs! thanks for joining in with the challenge!

I scrapped about our unexpected and unwelcomed visitor at camp last week!

Save
    Save

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I would have been late too! Ahhh! I do not love camping, but something like this would have been the final straw! But you have made a great page (love the green stroke around the 2 main photos, I always do white, but the green looks great). Thanks for joining in with the challenge.
Working...
X