WEEK #1 | ARTS & CRAFTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #1 | ARTS & CRAFTS

Hi everyone, and welcome to Week #1 of ARTS & CRAFTS at TDP's SUMMER CAMP 2019! I'm your camp counselor this week for this fun challenge!

This is the place where we get to play with awesome new techniques and practice them out on our own projects! But first a little camp humor... did you know that you can't run through a campground? You can only ran. Because it's "past tents"!

Now that the bad jokes are out of the way...on to Arts and Crafts!

If you've ever spent time reading through the TDP blog, you know it's FULL of amazing ideas. This week I selected two previous Tutorial Tuesday posts and tried them out on my very own layout. Your Arts and Crafts challenge this week... is to select at least ONE of these two tutorials and use it on your own page! The two tutorials I've selected for us to choose from this week are shown here...

Torn Paper EdgesTutorial
    I started out as a paper scrapbooker and I tend to create pages that are realistic and emulate paper scrapbooking. So having a torn paper technique in my crafter's toolbox is something that will really allow me to add additional realistic detail to my layouts!

Raindrop Tutorial
    Because I usually do realistic paper layouts, I thought it would be fun to challenge myself a bit and learn a new technique that is only available to us in the digital world. My family spend lots of time at the beach and in the pool, and this clever raindrop tutorial immediately jumped out at me.

To show you a few examples of what these tutorials can yield... fellow creative team member Chloe and I both played with these techniques to show you a few ideas. This was the first time I tried either technique, actually, and I am so thrilled with the results! Here's a look at my page...

And here's Chloe's layout featuring her beautiful new baby boy! I love how well she showcases the torn edges technique (it was her first time using this tutorial, also, and she said she loves the effect)...

Here are the rules for this week's "Arts & Crafts" challenge:
    • Your creation must be a new page or hybrid project that uses at least one of the 2 tutorials from this post.
    • You must use 100% TDP products, and your layout or project must be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm PT on Sunday 7/7, 2019.
    • Once you've loaded your page or project image in the CHALLENGE GALLERY, please leave a comment in this thread and link us back to your page or project in the gallery.
    • Once you've posted your page or project here in this thread, copy the URL of your post from this thread and add it to the Summer Camp 2019 Tracking Thread.
    • Most of all ... have fun!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 07-01-2019, 01:11 PM.

LOVE both of these techniques! -Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

great techniques, I think I will try the torn effect

Comment

Summer Camp 2019 Week 1 Arts and Crafts
        Here is my page. I was going to do the "How to make raindrops" tutorial but my editing program does not allow enough versatility. I have however added some droplets as when I started out this page my photo suited this effect. I also had to find alternative ways to apply the supplied download for the torn edge effect. After applying the torn edge I duplicated my layer, then added white paper to match the grained appearance of the top paper. I merged these 2 layers. Then used move tool to bring the lower white edge down my desired amount. I added a separate shadow, which I then lightened and blurred. Hope this is OK.

Comment

• g8rbeckie
          g8rbeckie commented
          Editing a comment
          oh my gosh! this looks great! what software editing program do you use? I think both techniques came out so well. So clever of you to adapt them to work for you and your needs!

Originally posted by nanascrapper View Post
        Summer Camp 2019 Week 1 Arts and Crafts
        Here is my page. I was going to do the "How to make raindrops" tutorial but my editing program does not allow enough versatility. I have however added some droplets as when I started out this page my photo suited this effect. I also had to find alternative ways to apply the supplied download for the torn edge effect. After applying the torn edge I duplicated my layer, then added white paper to match the grained appearance of the top paper. I merged these 2 layers. Then used move tool to bring the lower white edge down my desired amount. I added a separate shadow, which I then lightened and blurred. Hope this is OK.
        Thank you. I use PSE 11. I played around for ages trying to figure out the rain drop effect, but couldn't solve it. As I said though, I did manage to work my way through the torn edge. Challenge it was! A good one though

Comment

Took a bit of figuring out but love the technique. Thanks. Here's mine:

Comment

Week 1:Arts & Crafts
            Kits: TDP Collab Firecracker, screen time, Summer bucket list.

Comment

Love the torn paper effect! And the tutorial is so easy to follow.

Comment

I tried a new technique and made the water drops.

Comment

Thanks for the fun challenge.
                  http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...e-pool&cat=519
                  Last edited by tiffany scraps; 07-04-2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I loved learning how to create torn papers. Definitely a technique I'll use again!

Comment

I have tried and tried to make the droplets tut work in PS CC. They just don't look raised like in the example. Anyone else tried and can perhaps help me.

Comment

• g8rbeckie
                        g8rbeckie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        hey Elaine! can you show what yours look like? If you have windows you can use the "snip" tool to take a screenshot of your page and post it like a .jpg (you have to upload the .jpg to photobucket or flickr or someplace and then link it here). maybe I can walk through the steps and figure out where you're stuck!

Comment

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

I attempted the raindrops. Thanks for the challenge!

Comment

Working...
                          X