WEEK #4 | LETTERS HOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #4 | LETTERS HOME

Hello, campers! I'm so excited to be here to tell you about our Week #4 LETTERS HOME challenge! I hope you're enjoying all of our camp activities this month! We are having a blast! This week's Letters Home challenge is going to be a lot of fun!

This a journaling challenge so your page will need to include at least 100 words of journaling! In addition, to make things even more interesting, you'll need to pull out one (or more) of the words in your journaling and replace it (them) with that word spelled out using an alpha of some sort. To do this, you just need to leave gaps in your journaling, and then get that word in there by spelling it out with an alpha. Since we're asking you to use an alpha, this means that you won't be able to find those words ready-made in a kit, you're going to need to piece them together yourself. Need some alpha inspiration? Check out the alpha section in the TDP store; there are SO.MANY.OPTIONS!

Here is a page created by my fellow CT member Maribel to inspire you,

(Credits - Dialogue collection by Anita Designs and Sahin Designs, and Fresh Air alphas from KimB Designs and Anita Designs.)

Here's another page by CT member Carrie. She used the Sans Serif | Stamped alpha by Dawn by Design to pop five key words out of her journaling. Don't they looked like they're stamped right on the page? Those words also form the title for her layout!

(Credits: Get Outdoors | Kit & Journal Cards by Rachel Etrog Designs, solid papers from Garden Party | Papers by Sahin Designs & Sans Serif | Stamped Alpha by Dawn by Design.)

Here is my layout for the challenge -

(Credits - Dawn by Design's Itty Bitty Alpha (to create several of the different words in my journaling. I think it gave the journaling a bit of punch and it was a little like a puzzle to decide which words to create in the alpha since it makes those particular words really stand out on the page!) Laid Out Vol 4 by Dawn By Design and Across the Miles by Cornelia Designs.)

I hope you enjoy this week's journaling challenge! I cannot wait to see your pages!

Rules:
    1. Your layout needs to be new for this challenge and contain at least 100 words of journaling.
    2. Your layout needs to include one or more words of that journaling replaced with an alpha.
    3. Load your layout into the challenge gallery here at TDP and into this thread.
    4. Layout must be completed by 11:59 pm ET on Saturday the 28th of July 2018.
    Last edited by caliten; 07-24-2018, 05:19 PM.

a nice way to play with the alphas, I always use them for a title. can't wait to play

Comment

Here is mine. Thanks for the fun challenge.
      http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-falls&cat=519

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        So cute! I love how you used the alpha at the end of the journaling. It really grounds the page! Thanks for joining in!

• kimkern72
        kimkern72 commented
        Editing a comment
        We met my in-laws in Twin Falls and when out there, it was a great trip a few years ago.

Took awhile to go through and find all the words to use, but I am very happy with the way it all came together.

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        I love what you did here! What a fantastic page! Thank you for joining in!

Here's mine:

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        So cute!! Love that alpha you chose!

TDP Summer Camp Week 4 July 2018 Letters Home

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        Love this page - what a cute photo! Great job!

I couldn't fit my journaling on the front of the page, so I created a pull out tab with the journaling on it. See the second image for the journaling.

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it! I lived in Gilroy as a kid, when the outlet mall was still fields of garlic! All my young-childhood memories have a background smell of garlic to them. I hope that Gilroy has as many pleasant memories for you too, Judy!

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        This is fantastic!! I'm so glad you played along!!

I used Feeling A Little Blue by Cornelia Designs
      [img] CD_FeelingALittleBlue_PP1-web [/img]
      Happiness is a choice ~ Choose wisely

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        This is such a beautiful page - with a wonderful message. As someone with depression, this meant all the more to me. Thank you for playing along!

Fun Challenge!

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        I love your page! What a sweet pup!

Here is my double page spread. That was quite the challenge.

Left Side:

Right Side:

Kits Used: Paradise Project Grateful, Sahin Designs Travelogue, DBD Daytripper Alpha (color modified), DBD Outdoorsy EP Paint Spray, AD Going Places Heart (color modified), WWC Project Twenty Fifteen APR & JAN Alpha’s.

Templates: ad-astorycaptured14

Fonts: Blueberry Regular & Charter

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        LOVE it! Thanks for joining in!

(107 words)

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        What a fun page! The happy really jumps out! Thanks for playing along!

Well, I know I didn't make the deadline on this one, but I'm uploading it anyway. I've learned a lot doing the Summer Camp, and had fun as well! Thanks for the chance!

Kits used: Sahin_NatureEscape, alphas: dbd_personally, dbd_scribbledy, and dunia_essentials

Comment

• anrobe
        anrobe commented
        Editing a comment
        Such a pretty page - love it! Thanks for joining in!
    Working...
    X