Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WEEK #2 | BONFIRE GATHERING --- MARK YOUR CALENDAR!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to chat to everyone!

Comment

I'm here. Where do I go for the slow scrap?

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        jaharvey click on the "Chat" link in the main menu... we're all there!

Okay, here are the instructions for the slow scrap. You have 24 hours, so that means until Wednesday, July 11th at noon ET to finish and post your LO in this thread!
      1. Pick two photos, one in a portrait format and one in a square format (or that can be cut into one).
      2. Start by adding your background paper. Pick a discreet pattern.
      3. Add a strip of plain background paper that will occupy the whole width of your LO and a bit more of 7 inches high of it. Position it at about 1 inch of the top.
      4. Your last piece of background paper will be a strong pattern and will be about 2 inches high and just a tad shorter than the width of your LO. Position it almost at the top, above the plain paper and the background paper that should still peek out on the left, top and right.
      5. To help those papers stay put, add stitches on the bottom edge of both the plain and the strong pattern one.
      6. Time to add a stamp or some paint on the plain paper.
      7. Position your two pictures on this paint/stamp.
      8. Add a super big title on the top right corner of the LO, where the plain and strong pattern papers touch.
      9. Add your journaling on the background paper visible at the bottom of the LO. Use journaling strips (or rectangles of plain paper) to do so.
      10. Finish your LO with embellishments, date and shadows of course!
      Once the deadline is over we will post the LO by Dawn that inspired this slow scrap!! Can't wait to see your pages!

ETA: Thanks for playing along everyone! I had a chatters-only coupon while we were live but here is a coupon for anyone joining us now. It is good for $5 off a $10 minimum order from my shop and is good through tomorrow, Wednesday, July 11. Enjoy!

CHATCOUPON2

RULES:

---Create a layout using the instructions above
      ---Load your final layout/project into the challenge gallery here at TDP by noon ET on Wednesday, July 11th.
      ---Start a post for yourself in this thread, below, and link up your image from the gallery so we can see it (and to ensure you get credit for the challenge)!
      ---Have fun!
      Last edited by chloe; 07-11-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

All done! That was fun. Here is mine!
        Last edited by chloe; 07-11-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          They are definitely "adorable"! Great job following the instructions!

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful page! I took the liberty to edit your post to add the linked LO, that way anyone can go straight to the gallery and leave the love it deserves!!

• beckychart
          beckychart commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Chloe! I posted in a hurry on my way out!

Here is mine. Thanks for the fun chat and instructions! I used Sophisticate (Dawn by Design) for my layout.
        Last edited by chloe; 07-11-2018, 02:30 PM.
        Happiness is a choice ~ Choose wisely

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Great choice of neutrals to match your photos - and that precious baby must have been some kind of thrilled to see the giraffe that close! Also: 1970?! I bet you didn't have to add any kind of retro filter to those photos, LOL. Thanks for playing!

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha, me too, I thought those were filters! Great page!! I took the liberty to edit your post to add the linked LO, that way anyone can go straight to the gallery and leave the love it deserves!!

Thanks for the instructions and chat. Here's mine:

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful photos and a nice color scheme! Thanks for chatting and participating, Jan!

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the colors!!

Unfortunately i didn't have time to chat . but here's my page

sigpic
        Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs - Sahin Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Great photos and love the title work and stitched down date! Just look at that grin, LOL!

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Love how you followed the instructions and still made it "yours"!

Here's my page.. Thanks for the fun challenge and chat!

I used Dawn's gorgeous Sophisticate kit:

Comment

• jaharvey
          jaharvey commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your layout. It is sophisticated! Using B&W photos really suits the kit you chose.

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautifully done! Love the romantic feel that matches the photos perfectly, along with the sweet clusters and the messy stitching. Gorgeous!

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Stunner!

Great challenge! Thank goodness we had the extra time to complete this.

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          I am accomplished at many things (not all of them significant) but gardening is not one of them so I am impressed with the story of this page. Love the playful title, paper choices, and the flowers and butterflies really go along with the gardening theme. Fun!

• jaharvey
          jaharvey commented
          Editing a comment
          I've just recently become what I call an experimental gardener. One of my friends told me last year that I should just do what I like and see what happens; if it works, great, and if not, no big deal. It has been liberating! I've been challenged to put in deer-resistant plants, so I'm just happy when things establish themselves and don't get eaten! If they survive and thrive, I'm thrilled!! Last year, this garden was just the rhododendron on the left, the lilac tree, and the small rhodo on the right. There's a lot of labour in this now, so I hope it turns out next year.

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I love it! What a beautiful garden! All the heart eyes!!

Fun directions! Here's mine:

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Great job tying in the colors of our photos and I love that &quot;it's a new day&quot; sticker! Y'all look so happy. <3

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Such a fun page! Love it!!

Last edited by chloe; 07-11-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Such a sweet and cute story. Love the colors you chose for this story and photos - it definitely feels like a party!

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Fabulous page indeed! I took the liberty to edit your post to add the linked LO, that way anyone can go straight to the gallery and leave the love it deserves!!

This was a fun chat and scrap! Here's mine using My Sonshine by Calista's Stuff and Get Well by Rachel Hodge!

Save
        Save

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Ouch!!! Perfect colors for the photo with the bed. Love the messy stitching and the shadows on your journal strips are fabulous.

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Ouch indeed! But gorgeous page nonetheless!

Really happy with how this came out!

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          What an awesome boy page!!! You did a great job and I can see why you're happy with how it came out!

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Such a fun moment to record! Love it!!

Loving all the pages that are being created for this challenge. Here is mine.
        Last edited by chloe; 07-11-2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          This page feels very whimsical and joyful. Love those photos and your cluster work. Nice!

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Gorgeous! I took the liberty to edit your post to add the linked LO, that way anyone can go straight to the gallery and leave the love it deserves!!

The Kit I used: Little Lamb & Co "Grow"
        Last edited by chloe; 07-11-2018, 02:38 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Cute baby alert! Love your take on the stitches and the papers you chose to support the title and theme of the page. Lovely.

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful! I love the &quot;freshness&quot; of this page! <3 I took the liberty to edit your post to add the linked LO, that way anyone can go straight to the gallery and leave the love it deserves!!
      Working...
      X