WEEK #1 | BONFIRE GATHERING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #1 | BONFIRE GATHERING

Hi everyone, and welcome to the Week 1 Bonfire where we are going to Scrap It & Chat!

Throughout 2018, we're running a monthly challenge for memory keepers to scrap the previous month into either a 1-page or 2-page spread. We provide the FREE TEMPLATES and you provide your photos and memories from the previous month.

Since our Summer Camp takes the place of our usual challenges, we needed to make sure that you all got your June templates, so tonight we'll be scrapping our June 2018 pages! (*NOTE* you can scrap June of a previous year, if you prefer).

IN ORDER TO GET CREDIT FOR THE WEEK 1 BONFIRE EVENT -- YOU MUST USE AT LEAST ONE OF THE 'JUNE 2018' FREEBIE TEMPLATES TO CREATE A 1-PAGE *OR* 2-PAGE SPREAD IN WHICH YOU ARE DOCUMENTING JUNE 2018 *OR* MAY OF ANY PREVIOUS YEAR (IF USING THIS PROJECT TO GO BACK AND SCRAP PREVIOUS YEARS, ETC.). YOU CAN MIX ONE OF THE JUNE 2018 TEMPLATE FREEBIES WITH ANY PREVIOUS SCRAP IT | 2018 FREEBIE (SO FOR THIS MONTH, THAT WOULD BE (A) THE COVER TEMPLATES, (B) THE JANUARY TEMPLATES, (C) THE FEBRUARY TEMPLATES, (D) THE MARCH TEMPLATES, OR (E) THE APRIL TEMPLATES) ...IF THE PREVIOUS TEMPLATE(S) WORKS BETTER FOR YOUR PHOTOS -- BUT -- AT LEAST ONE OF THE 2 *NEW* JUNE TEMPLATES (THIS MONTH'S FREEBIE) MUST BE USED, IN ORDER TO GET CREDIT.

You will all have 48 hours to complete your layout/s. All pages must be uploaded to the Challenge Gallery by 10:00 p.m. EST on Saturday, July 7th.
    Pages need to be created using 100% TDP products, which includes freebies or retired products.

(click on the image to download the template)

Here are my Scrap It - 2018 | June pages as inspiration.

Last edited by Hillary; 07-05-2018, 09:53 PM.

My Gallery

I'm going to give this a try.

Comment

Here are mine:

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, she did!! and I can't find the smilie that is bouncing around with excitement, but that was what the kids and I thought of it!

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Hillary, if you look at the June page corrin made, she scrapped the same photo of all of us too! That meet-up was a really big deal for both of us!!

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        caliten I saw that after I asked. So fun, and sooo jealous!

Here's mine:

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        That is one amazing fire picture, and I love that you gave us the progressive pictures. Thanks for playing along!

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with Hillary; great progression and that fire photo is stunning!

Here you go! I used Project 2015 June (Wishing Well Creations by Laura Passage)
      [img]tdp_scrapit2018_06jun-b-wwc-web by Slfam[/img]
      Happiness is a choice ~ Choose wisely

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        What fun pictures! I love the simple elements scattered around the whole layout, they are the perfect touch. Thanks for chatting with us last night!

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        haha, I love the wookie photo! And the wood background paper works really well for your photos.

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the consistency of using the same alpha to label all the photos.

Mine
      💎⭐🌹🌑❤️ Gallery | Instagram

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        you have such lovely depth with your shadows, and I love that glittery June title!

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        This page really, really jumps out at me! The colors, the photos, and I love the added texture of the papers behind the photos too.

• Oscaralley
        Oscaralley commented
        Editing a comment
        Loooove your layout! I love how the shadows are behind the photos and I really like the kit you chose!

I'm sorry I didn't make it back home on time this morning (for me morning time) but I hope you had fun chit chating?!
      Those pages are really fun, everyone!

Comment

Thanks for the gorgeous templates! Here's my page:

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          this is great! I love the bright colours and the big photo split over 2 photo slots - very clever!

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh I agree, I love the split photo! I also loved your journaling, she sounds like one of my boys.

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          love the bold colors, and the use of solids instead of potentially distracting patterns. That really places the focus squarely on the photo and the journaling.

well I missed the chat, but have finished my first June page! There will be a second to go with it, but not sure if I will finish it in time!

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I love that you changed the color of the black outlines to two different colors! It really stands out.

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          That shirt and potato look familiar. Such a fun evening at the park!

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          oh I love the star scatter, with the star title!

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the idea of using these templates to capture a single event or photo progression. And stars are my favorite embellishment.

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          Using the word art in the conversation bubble was a fun idea!

I wasn't able to make the chat but here is my page. Thanks for the template!

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          mmm that does sound like a lovely month (relaxed schedules - love the idea of that!)

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm really digging the subtly patterned background and the delicate embellishments. And that cork June is really well done!

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          The paint splats behind everything is awesome, and I like the little scatter too!

Thanks for the fun template!
        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the white mat behind the photos; it keeps them from getting lost in the background. Looks like it was a fun field trip too!

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the cut out! It is definitely a unique twist on this template.

• Oscaralley
          Oscaralley commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that alphabet paper!! Looks like they really had fun!

Thanks for these awesome templates!

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I love, love, love the 'By The Numbers' idea! Thanks for playing along and coming to the chat!

• Oscaralley
          Oscaralley commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG...I really love your layouts!! I like the kraft paper and your title is awesome!

Here we go!

Comment

• Oscaralley
          Oscaralley commented
          Editing a comment
          I really love the blues in your layout!!! I really like your journaling too!

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I like it on the white background, it looks so clean. Thanks for chatting with us last night!

Here is my June Double Page spread.

Comment

• Oscaralley
          Oscaralley commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in love with your layouts!!! I love the title work ant the little clusters of flowers!!! Pretty Awesome!

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          Omitting one of the photo spots for a journaling spot was a great idea, and the colors accent your photos so well.
      Working...
      X