WEEK #2 | LETTERS HOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #2 | LETTERS HOME

Hi there campers! How is everyone liking Summer Camp so far? I, for one, am having a blast... and am super excited to be your camp counselor for the WEEK #2 LETTERS HOME challenge.

Our weekly LETTERS HOME challenge during SUMMER CAMP is all about expressing yourself in the journaling on your page/project... whether you're focusing that writing toward another person OR writing to yourself, as I've done with this week's challenge.

Let me set the stage. My husband and I have been contemplating some big life questions lately... questions that don't really have an easy answer and take a while to think through. So as I was contemplating some of these, I thought it might be fun to make a pros and cons list for these decisions. This week's Letters Home challenge is to create a layout or hybrid project that focuses around a pros and cons list. Maybe you're also facing major life decisions... maybe you're deciding how to spend a Friday night... the subject matter is up to you, but the challenge is to journal your pros and cons list for whatever subject you choose.

One of the big decisions that my husband and I are considering is whether or not we should live a digital nomad life for a while so we can see more of the country and more of the world. There's definitely pros and cons with that one... far more than I could even fit on my layout. Here's the page I made, though, take a look for inspiration.

Credits: Cornelia Designs "Getaway: Roadtrip" and Dawn by Designs "Rejuvinate" - both available in the July Special Edition collection.

Kat, one of our other Creative Team members, created this layout:

Credits: Cornelia Designs "Toxic Generations #1"; Nini Goes Digi "Far, Far, Away" and "Sakura Stitches"; Dawn by Design "Globetrotter"

Try it out for yourselves - I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

The Rules:
    1. Your layout needs to be new for this challenge and contain at least 100 words.
    2. Your journaling should be in your own words, speaking as though you would if you were writing letters to someone at home.
    3. Load your layout (a) into the challenge gallery here at TDP and (b) also into this thread, in a separate post, below.
    4. Layout must be completed by 11:59 pm ET on Saturday the 14th of July 2018.

Last edited by Kat Hansen; 07-08-2018, 05:23 PM.

Here's mine:

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it jang !! What a cute page... and I'm so glad there's someone else out there who analyzes whether to go out and see a movie or not! Thanks for playing!

Double page spread for my Letters Home Week 1. Used a couple of AD_astorycaptured14 templates and modified to fit the # & orientation of my photos. Used Ad_makeitcountjuly18_papers & Cornelia Designs_Getaway Roadtrip elements.

Double page spread for my letters home Week 2. Kit used: WWC_Project2015-July.

Last edited by lauriezyskind; 07-14-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      What a fun trip! And I love the decision you're facing... it's one that is similar to my decision! So I didn't really get a "pros / cons" from your journaling for the challenge... but I did love reading through it and seeing all of these fun pictures of what you saw on your trip. Amazing! Thanks for playing!

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      These are fantastic! Amazing photos and journaling!

I used Wanderlust by Cornelia Designs for my Pro / Con layout.
    [img]CD-wanderlust by Slfam[/img]
    Happiness is a choice ~ Choose wisely

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, I LOVE this!

• kimkern72
      kimkern72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the way you did this page!! May have to scraplift it from you.

• slfam
      slfam commented
      Editing a comment
      Woo Hoo kimkern7 ! I don't think I've ever been scraplifted before. I'm glad you like it.

Summer Camp Week 2 Letters Home

Our decision is investing in an Electric Bike for my husband to use. His safety using this and my worrying about this, verses his independence to get himself around to some of his meetings and bowling commitments and his wish to get more exercise.

Comment

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Check out the gallery comment -- congratulations on the GSO nod!

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful! What a great page -- thank you for playing along. You'll have to let us know if he gets the bike!

Thanks for the challenge which pushed me to get this into words! Here is my page:

Comment

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      You can do it!! (oh, and I love how you added the flowers to the brush on your layout)

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      What a lovely page! And though I'm not retired yet, I feel your struggle... I recently just made the decision to get back (and stay!) in shape as well.. it seems so much harder as you get older, right?! Good for you!

• nanascrapper
      nanascrapper commented
      Editing a comment
      Fabulous page. I know exactly where you are coming from! Your journaling will inspire me to get back into my exercise regime.

Here is mine. Maybe I will go to bed early tonight... maybe not LOL.
    http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...ro-con&cat=519

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      As someone else who has struggled on and off with insomnia, I feel ya!! Great page, thanks for playing along!

Comment

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Kim, thanks for playing! This question is one my hubby and I think about all the time... he's got several weeks off throughout the year as he's a teacher and we always wonder what to do with those weeks off. I've got a travel bug so I say life big and go for that stamp in the passport!

Here is mine

Comment

Comment

Mine :D
        💎⭐🌹🌑❤️ Gallery | Instagram

Comment

Working...
        X