No announcement yet.

Summer Camp Icebreaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a widow. I am retired/disabled because of a stroke I had in 2006. I live in Antioch, CA in a house I bought after my husband passed away 3 years ago. This is my second year at camp. I spend my days creating scrapbook pages, reading, walking my dogs, watching movies, and playing on the computer. I have been scrapbooking for almost 20 years. I have been creating scrapbooks for other people for about 10 years.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Judy! I graduated from high school in Danville, and my parents still live there. Small world! I hope that you have a wonderful time at camp with us this summer!

This is my first summer camp at TDP and I am excited for all the fun. I live in Idaho with my husband and have one 16 yo daughter left living at home as well as a very spoiled little dog. I have a son serving a mission in Paraguay for our church and then I have 2 married children ages 20 and 23. My 20 yo son got married this past March and my 23 yo daughter has been married for 4 years and will be making me a grandma in about a month. I can't wait to scrap all that grandson cuteness! I work as a fitness instructor at Gold's Gym and as a Patient Care Coordinator at a local family practice.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome Tiffany! I hope you have a wonderful time time summer camp with us!

• slfam
      slfam commented
      Editing a comment
      My son just returned recently from his mission in Ghana. I was a Missionary Mom for almost 8 straight years and it feels odd to not have one out any more. Enjoy your P-Day emails...

Hello, I always loved summer camp, so I'm going to give it a try this year! I live in north central Minnesota's beautiful lake country with my husband and college-aged daughter's cat. We recently became empty-nesters (again), as our 24-year son got his first professional job in Illinois. (Yay! It was a long wait after his college graduation!) I work as a dietitian, and love food, gardening, reading, and of course scrapbooking!

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and welcome, Michelle! Summer camp is awesome, and I hope that you have a wonderful time with us!!

• slfam
      slfam commented
      Editing a comment
      I've lived in several Minneapolis suburbs. I miss the friendly people but NOT the mosquitoes!!!

Hello Campers! This is my first time participating in anything here at TDP and am excited to camp with ya'll. I grew up in the Seattle area, lived in Utah for several years and have now settled in the upper Midwest. I have six kiddos (two of whom we adopted) and my dh and I will soon be empty-nesters. And after 25+ years of home schooling, you can guess what that means - more time to scrap!
    Happiness is a choice ~ Choose wisely

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      welcome and I hope you have a fantastic time at Summer Camp!

Hi! I am Lorie and I live in a very small town in northern Ohio that is surrounded by farm fields. This is my second Summer Camp. I have scrapbooked since I was very young when my scrapbooks were creamed colored pages with taped in memories...no washi tape then I started digital scrapbooking about 9 years ago. I enjoy reading as well. I am the mother of 2 daughters. My husband and I are currently adjusting to being empty nesters.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Lorie, and I hope that you have a spectacular time at Summer Camp this year!

I'm so excited to *see* so many new and returning faces this year! Welcome to camp, y'all!
    Last edited by caliten; 07-02-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Hello. I'm Anne. I grew ip in France, near the sea but i've lived in Switzerland in the mountain for 17 years. I'm a mother at home of 4 boys (from 6 to 13), one dog and 3 cats. Until now, we go back to the sea every year. But this year, we have to repair our roof. First summer of my life wihtout the sea ! It will be very hard. But i will be a great way to discover where i live now and i will have more time or this summer camp
      sigpic
      Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs - Sahin Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a coast girl who ended up living in the mountains too, Anne, so I know that feeling. The Week #1 | Letters Home challenge sounds like a great way to document your first summer stay-cation. I hope that you have a great time at camp with us (and that everything goes well and smoothly with the roof repairs!).

Hi, everyone! I'm Lynette, live in Illinois (south suburb of Chicago to be more precise). I work full time as an admin at a candy company, and love spending my free time with my wife, our two kids, dog and birds. Scrapbooking is my passion, and I love to read as well. Oh, and I'm a TV junkie.

This is my first time doing summer camp!

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to Summer Camp, Lynette! I hope that you have an excellent time here with us!!

• Kat Hansen
        Kat Hansen commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Lynette! Um, a candy company ... don't know if I could do that LOL But come on, give ... TV junkie - favorite shows?

Hi there, Stefanie here.
      I am married for 30 years to Andrew and we have three kids on earth and two in heaven. We share our home with Siamese cats (two blues and a seal) and I love living in Cape Town, South Africa. I love travelling and scrapbooking.

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Stefanie! I didn't know that there were different varieties of Siamese cats!

Hello :D I'm Maddie, 27 years old, introvert e_e, geek, teacher, Mexican and I enjoy scrapping my family memories because it is so weird for Mexicans to do this kind of projects at all, it is unusual here... I often scrap about my little-not-so-little sister and it's my first time joining this Summer Camp event :D I've been scrapping for a year and a half because I used to preserve our memories in a more graphic design way (? if that makes sense...
      💎⭐🌹🌑❤️ Gallery | Instagram

Comment

• Kat Hansen
        Kat Hansen commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Maddie - welcome! I am sure your family loves that you are recording precious memories - do they look at or read your layouts?

• maddiesh
        maddiesh commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, Kat Mom and dad know about my hobby. Dad has seen some pages, mom doesn't care that much, as I said, it is uncommon here to decorate and enhance family photo albums and it is absolutely weirder to add journal to the photos. I usually print my sister's pages, not in order of age but in order of creating them, and she often decorates and changes her wall room with them.

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Maddie! We are all about preserving memories here, so you'll find tons of online support from this crowd. What do you teach? Thanks for joining us for Summer Camp this year; I hope you have a WONDERFUL time with us!!
        Last edited by caliten; 07-08-2018, 03:28 PM.

After hell week at work (which I suspect is going to keep pushing on for a few weeks more *sigh*) I finally made it here! Hi everyone - I'm Kat! Right now, I live in Northern Virginia, about 30 miles south of Washington DC ... but not for long -- at the end of the year I've got a BIG move happening (check out the week #2 Letters to Home challenge!). Hhhmmm ... something to get to know me better. I love home improvement-anything - shows and shops ... yes, I can spend a few hours just wondering around Home Depot or Lowes (or in Australia, Bunnings) just because. Yup, with nothing particular in mind to purchase ... just to look. Oh, and I totally love IKEA -- all my apartment furniture is from there (another store I could get lost in for hours!)

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Kat. First off, that is one gorgeous layout, and secondly, that's really big news. I understand the mixed emotions - the combination of excitement and trepidation - but you got this one, girl. All the way.

• Kat Hansen
        Kat Hansen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Big life decisions, that's for sure ... so much has happened in the past 18-24 months!

Hi y'all! I've been out of town for week 1, but I'm back and ready to play for the rest of the month!! I'm a mom to 4 kids. The oldest three are in college / graduate school / PhD school, but I still have one almost teenager at home! I love to scrap about my kids so that's pretty much all you see in my gallery I live outside of Austin, TX and though the move here has been great due to the weather, I miss my Michigan scrapping friends. I haven't found anyone here to do weekend crops with and it makes me sad! I can't wait to see all the layouts each week!
      Save
      Save

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Robin! I lived in Texas (near Fort Worth) for a few years, and we got down to Austin a few times. It's an interesting place.
    Working...
    X