Summer Camp Icebreaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Camp Icebreaker

I'm so excited to see so many new and returning "campers" this year! We've got a ton of awesome things planned for this week, but since this is Orientation Weekend, let's do a quick icebreaker. Please take a moment to introduce yourself: tell us where you live, and share one thing that will help us to get to know you a little better. I'll start!

I'm Carrie, your counselor for Week #1 Arts & Crafts, and I live near Denver, Colorado, well over a mile above sea level. The adults in my house participate in our state's unofficial favorite pastime of brewing our own beer and wine. We made wine from grapes a few years back, but it didn't quite come out the way we wanted, so this weekend, in between scrapping events, I'm going to start the process to intentionally turn a couple of those bottles of merlot into red wine vinegar. I'm quite excited to give this particular craft a try! (I'm weird, I know.)

Hi everyone! I'm KerriAnne and this is my first summer camp at TDP! I hope to participate in a few events, looking forward to the Arts & Crafts challenges, the "Bonfire Gatherings" (slow and speed scraps) and of course "Mess Hall" (meal planing and recipes). I live in the desert SW with my hubby, twin boys and doodle-dog. One thing that will help get to know me is, even though I love living in the desert, my heart is in the Pacific NW where I grew up - the cloudy skies, cool temps, green trees and water everywhere make me happy! I look forward to getting to know everyone this month!

Comment

• kaphelps
      kaphelps commented
      Editing a comment
      caliten I know right?! One extreme to the other - someday I'll find a place in the middle

• kaphelps
      kaphelps commented
      Editing a comment
      AmieN1 I grew up in Seattle & Renton. Sometimes now I miss all that rain- LOVE Eastern Washington!

• kaphelps
      kaphelps commented
      Editing a comment
      slfam I think that is so true! But the area has changed so much since I grew up here- the traffic is insane, but it is still as beautiful as ever!

Hi, My name is Jennifer and I live in NYC with my husband and three kids. When I am not at work, I like to read and scrapbook. I am hoping to participate and get a few pages done this summer. Looking forward to getting to know everyone a little better.

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      I read romance novels and have for years.I've also go to book signings to meet my favorite authors.

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Teehee. Me too on the romance novels. I also like suspense, mystery, some sci-fi/fantasy, thrillers .... My husband and I went to a talk by Brad Thor a few years back. We were surprised (for some reason) at how short he was.

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      hi Jennifer, I hope you get a few pages done too, your siggie is so pretty!

Kim here and I live in the PNW!! lol I am in eastern Oregon so it is high desert without all the rain that the PNW is famous for! I am married, have four boys (only one, 15 year old, still at home) and 1 grandson. I love making cards and all versions of scrapbooking; digital, Project Life, physical.
    Last edited by kimkern72; 06-30-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Kim! We're so glad to have you at camp this year!

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep- I'm in Eastern WA & love the sunshine!

Hi! My name is Jan and I am so looking forward to my first Summer Camp! I live in southern WV with my hubby and 13 year old son. I also have 2 grown children (boy and girl), 3 grandchildren (2 girls, one boy), and one granddaughter on the way in December. I am a high school special education teacher who is currently completely enjoying summer vacation!! Looking forward to playing along as much as I can

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Jan! Summer Camp is awesome, and you're going to love it!

I am Molly from Indiana. I scrapbook, play video games, read and cuddle with my kitties whenever I am not working.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Molly! Hello and welcome to Summer Camp! I'm so glad you've joined us this year!

Hi everyone! I'm Lynnette. I haven't been very active here but I'm excited to play along for summer camp. I love in Northern Utah with my husband and four kiddos, ages 13, 11, 7 and 5. Hmmm... something about me is that I love to travel. In fact we are taking a trip to Canada at the end of the month, so I will likely miss out on some of the summer camp fun, but I'm so excited! My very first time out of the country, too. Can't wait!

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh, where are you going in Canada? I've been to Toronto and Niagara Falls (in March, which is kind of a crummy time to go to Niagara Falls). Anyhow, thanks for coming to camp with us this year!

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      We're doing a canadian road trip at the end of the month! We're hitting, lake louise, banff, calgary, waterton then coming home through Montana's Glacier national park & whitefish! Hope to see you around! lol!

• lynnette
      lynnette commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually I misspoke - I have been out of the country but it was years ago before you needed a passport to get to Canada & Mexico - I have been to Niagara Falls! But this is my first passport trip. I may actually see you Amie, this trip we are going to Banff. We are staying there the whole time and will venture out to Lake Louise, some other lakes, and hikes in Johnson Canyon, etc.

Well I have lurked on the Digital Press forums for a bit but decided to join the forum! Actually the newsletter peaked my curiosity about the Summer Camp! As for something about me: I'm from the deep South but currently live in Kentucky. I'm also a designer but love to scrap layouts too when I get the time. Next week will be pretty busy for me but looking forward to playing along!

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, the 'long time listener, first time caller'. Welcome, my Southern friend. I hope that you have an awesome time here at Summer Camp!

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      hello long-time-lurker! glad you jumped in, and hope you have a lot of fun at summer camp!

I'm Melissa, a South African living in Australia. When I'm not working I'm usually playing Mom's Taxi for my 7-year old. Which is probably the biggest reason I don't mind my commute to and from the office. It's 45 minutes of no-one making any demands, and not doing anything but zoning out with my book of the day.

Comment

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      I have about the same commute and don't mind it at all for the very same reasons

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Melissa! Where in Australia are you? Canberra is home for me!

• melscrap
      melscrap commented
      Editing a comment
      Kat, I'm in Sydney

hello, I'm Gaelle aka Ga_L from France. it's my second Summer Camp. last year, I was part of the wonderful TDP creative team. I miss it...
    so I live in France with my hubby and our 2 children.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Gaelle! Welcome back!!

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      so great to see you Gaelle!

Hi there, my name is Treasa and I live with my hubby in Maryland. We have two adult children and two grandchildren as well. We also have two furbabies thanks to our kiddos. LOL Since becoming an empty nester I have been focusing on my health and weight. I am so excited to be joining my first Summer Camp here at TDP.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome Treasa! Summer Camp is tons of fun! I hope that you have a blast!!

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      hi Treasa, it is lovely to meet you! hope you have fun at summer camp!

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Treasa - I'm close by - N. Virginia

Hi, I am Corrin, and I live in the currently very sunny South of England. I have 4 children who challenge my sanity and keep me on my toes! I am trying to grow some flowers and some veggies in my little garden, but mostly I grow weeds and don't worry too much about it!
    Last edited by corrin; 07-01-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey lady, no disparaging the weeds. They're lovely, they take very little effort and they make our gardens SO.MUCH.GREENER.

Hey guys! I'm Shannon and I live in Phoenix, AZ, where I'm a self employed web designer. In my spare time, I love to travel with my hubby and of course, scrapbook! Lately, I've been motivated to get back into shape for a backpacking adventure I'll be going on at the end of July... so I've been waking up super early (you gotta because of the heat!) to climb the mountains around here. I'm super excited to participate in Summer Camp and to see all of the creative layouts that people end up making... can't wait!

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Shannon! Where are you guys going backpacking?

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      caliten in Colorado - the Maroon Bells loop. It's a 5 day / 4 night adventure and I wanna be able to make it the whole way!

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m so jealous! The Bells are on my bucket list. I keep trying to convince my husband that we need to go out there in September when the aspens turn yellow. Be careful out there; it seems like every year a hiker goes missing, and the elevation can sneak up on you so drink lots and lots of water. And have fun!!

Hello Campers! I'm Amie! I live in the beautiful PNW- Eastern WA to be exact. I grew up in western WA & don't miss the rain! One thing about me is that I'm a dental hygienist 2 days a week, but my favorite hobby (2nd to scrapbooking of course!) is baking cupcakes & goodies! It's quite the oxymoron- I preach 'eat less sugar' all day at work, then come home & bake with lbs of it! lol!

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      (laughing eyeroll) you're so silly, Amie. Maybe you'll share some of those yummy cupcake recipes with us during camp? Pleeeeeeease?

Hi all. I'm Jan and I live in Wisconsin.So excited because my husband and I celebrated our 50th anniversary this past Friday. This is my second summer camp. We still make the Rana pasta supper every now and then because it was so scrumptious. We have 3 kids, 4 grandkids, and 2 cats.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy anniversary, Jan & Mr. Jan! Welcome back too!!

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi jang - what part of Wisconsin?? I grew up there, and will always call it home. Born in Milwaukee, lived in Elm Grove, went to school in Madison... and visit Green Bay every summer!
Working...
X