WEEK #1 | ORIENTEERING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #1 | ORIENTEERING

Hi, y'all! This is Dawn from Dawn by Design and I will be your camp counselor for this week's orienteering challenge.

Orienteering means finding your way around with a map -- and this fun layered template I'm providing for you this week IS your map -- and is based on this page from my own gallery which is based on the Golden Ratio.

Here's a look at the template I've created...

DOWNLOAD HAS EXPIRED (link was valid during WEEK #1 only -- through 11:59pm ET on Sat 7/7/18)

Here are a couple of examples from our CT using the template. This first one is by Hillary. She flipped the template for a whole new look, but still kept the big title just as it was for a fun effect on her layout...

(credits - Orienteering Week 1 Template, Looking Sharp - Kit, Looking Sharp - Mini, Cork It - Alpha, Surprised - Kit, and Line by Line all by Dawn By Design)

This second layout is by CTM, Shannon. We love how she used a paper with stitches to separate the photos.

(credits - Orienteering Week 1 Template, Happy Days | by Dawn By Design)

We can't wait to see what you all do with the template!

RULES

---Create a layout using the layered template found above (you can modify it, rotate it, flip it, subtract from it, etc... it simply has to be recognizable in the end).
    ---Load your final layout/project into the challenge gallery here at TDP by 11:59pm PT on Saturday 7/7.
    ---Start a post for yourself in this thread, below, and link up your image from the gallery so we can see it!
    ---Have fun!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 07-08-2018, 10:45 AM.

Woot woot! Will definitely try to play!

Comment

Oh great template! Love the posted layouts! I'll be back

Comment

Here is one from me:

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the little bits that you stitched down and your little flower clusters. Thanks for playing along!

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Great diagonal flow and I like how you tied in the red from the photos into your papers and elements. Looks like a fun time!

Here's mine! I took a few, ah, creative liberties, but the basic template still shows.

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          One of my favorite things about templates, is making them my own. I love all of your extras, and as always your awesome title work.

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the colors of this page! Your layered title is so much fun and then putting in on top of the journaling is so clever. Lovely page!

Fun challenge and thanks for the template. Here's mine:
        Last edited by jang; 07-01-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the papers that you picked, and that pop of color is on point!

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I wish I could see Jan's page! All I see is a question mark, whether I'm in the thread or click through to the gallery.

Here is my page.

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          What a pretty layout! I love that you added the journal card instead of more photos.

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          I hate weak coffee and not being able to do anything about it! Glad you enjoyed the morning time, though. Love the pattern mixing on this page.

Thanks for the template! Here is my page:

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          What a fun summery layout. Thanks for playing along!

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Such a fun page! Love the camera and the bursts everywhere, the bright colors, and that close up photo is too cute.

Thanks for the great Template!
        [img]dbd_tdp-summercamp2018_tpwk01-AD-Seminary-web by Slfam, on Flickr [/img]

Credits: Orienteering week 1 Template by Dawn by Design and A Day in the Life kit by Anita Designs.
        Last edited by slfam; 07-01-2018, 05:17 PM.
        Happiness is a choice ~ Choose wisely

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that you added in that extra strip of paper. Thanks for joining us for this challenge!

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the pattern choices and coupling them with the black and white photos - such a beautiful page!

• Heidi Nicole
          Heidi Nicole commented
          Editing a comment
          Really love the title work here! Great use of the template <3

First challenge complete

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          That kit matched your photos perfectly! Thanks for playing!

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Y'all look like a lot of fun! And it's always a bonus when entire families get along, LOL. Love how you tied in the colors of the photos into your paper choices. Good job on such a playful page.

Love me a good template. Thank you.
        http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...er-fun&cat=519

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I love that you made it your own and turned the torn paper into a regular block of paper instead. And I would recognize Bear Lake anywhere! Isn't it so much fun?

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          What a bright, beautiful page! Love the alpha mixing on the title and the fun element clusters. Thanks for playing!

• Heidi Nicole
          Heidi Nicole commented
          Editing a comment
          Such fun summer memories to document! Great job using the template! Thanks for playing!

Hello, I was able to DL the template (TU it is really cute) and I wanted to upload my LO but my file is too big. How do I make it smaller? Help!

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          When you save your file, are you resizing it, or just saving it as is?

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          Once you have a copy saved at the normal size, you will want to resize another copy of the image and then save it for web. That will shrink it down enough that you can upload it. If you need help figuring any of that out, feel free to pm me and I can help you out.

Love this template, thank you!

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Such a gorgeous themed page! It just breathes &quot;Fourth of July&quot;! I like your clusters, pattern mixing, and extra stitching.

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          What a fun 4th of July layout! I love your clusters and your stripey and starred title.

Thank you for the template! Here is what I came up with using the template and a freebie from Rachel Etrog Designs.
        Last edited by antebellum; 07-02-2018, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the artsy feel to your page! Plus: purple and yellow?! We don't see a lot of that complementary color pair and you pulled it off so nicely. Thank you for playing!

• antebellum
          antebellum commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry meant for my Thank you here.

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I love how you totally made this your own! The background paper turned into a photo mask was such a great idea!

Thank you for the template!

Comment

• dawnfarias
          dawnfarias commented
          Editing a comment
          You really made this template your own even while keeping it basically the same. Impressive and so satisfying to look at and find all the little bits you've put in. Thank you for playing!

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          What a fun page, and such dimension! Great job with the layering and your shadowing, it makes me want to touch it!
      Working...
      X