WEEK #3 | LETTERS HOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #3 | LETTERS HOME

Hello Happy Campers! Welcome to WEEK #3 of SUMMER CAMP 2018 here at The Digital Press! I hope you are having fun! This really is my idea of a great camp... not a tent or bug in sight . My name is Corrin, and I will be your camp counselor for the WEEK #3 LETTERS HOME challenge!

One of the fun parts about a holiday can be finding and writing postcards to friends or family, and this challenge is a little like that! It is a writing challenge, in that you need in make a page that includes some journaling - at least 100 words, and addressed to someone (as a letter home is addressed to someone!). I would also like you to include at least 5 word strips on your page. They can be single words on a word strip, or several words on a wordstrips, that is up to you, and the words on the word strip can count to your total of 100 words. The topic of your page is also up to you, I chose to make a page about a funny moment with my daughter, it doesn't need to be related to camping or holidays, but should tell us a story, much like a letter home from camp would do.

Here is a look at my page...

[ I used the gorgeous Just Be You by Julia Makotinsky to make most of my page ]

My page is addressed to my daughter, and I chose to use individual word and phrases on word strips as part of my 197 words of journaling. I did not count the title as part of that 100 word total, or the elements that have words that are not part of the main journaling (so the "unique" sticker doesn't count, because it is not part of the main narrative), but I did make a word strip to contain words that I wanted which were not part of the kit.
    And here is another example page to help inspire you, this page is by CT member Heidi Nicole and she not only used the already-designed word strips that were included in the kit she scrapped with to write her letter... but she also created some, herself. Her use of fonts and colors adds interest and a bit of texture to her journaling...

[ Heidi Nicole used Report by MEG Designs to create this page ]

So now it is up to you! I hope you will enjoy this challenge, and I can't wait to see what you will do, so hurry back and post a comment here with a link to your page in the gallery!

CHALLENGE RULES
    1. Your new page or project must contain one hundred (100) words of journaling (or more!).
    2. The journaling needs to be addressed to someone (like a letter would be addressed to someone).
    3. Your journaling needs to contain at least five (5) wordstrips that help to tell a story.
    4. The dealine for this challenge is 11.59pm ET on Sat 7/21
    5. Load your layout into the challenge gallery here at TDP and then comment in this thread with a link to your page in the gallery.

Last edited by Laura Passage; 07-15-2018, 10:44 AM.

Oooooh good one! Here's mine!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      love it Shannon, what a bright and breezy page

Great challenge. Loved the addition of the word strips.
    http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...g-cool&cat=519
    Last edited by tiffany scraps; 07-17-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      such a relief to find yummy things that suit our needs!

my ending word bits (& remember this, I love you), also are part of my journaling.
    💎⭐🌹🌑❤️ Gallery | Instagram

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      beautiful jpurnaling, and what a great colour match that kit is for your photo!

I used a template by Laura passage "Stripped Down Vol 1" and a collection from Tracie Stroud "Loving Myself: Strength"
    Last edited by corrin; 07-17-2018, 02:09 PM.
    Happiness is a choice ~ Choose wisely

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful journaling, and I love the blues and greens of your page, with pops of pink - so pretty!

• Mickeyap1
      Mickeyap1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your page and the inspiring journaling!

Thanks for the push to journal. I tend to avoid much journaling. I liked the challenge of adding word strips! Here is my page:

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a pretty page I love the doodle border and colourful scatter. The wordstrips fit right into your journaling, and it looks great!

I was browsing the gallery and all the pages made for this challenge are amazing. I will try to make one in the next days

Comment

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your journaling in the sun shape, although it sounds like the holiday itself wasn't as much fun as you'd hoped

I hope the word art that I included counts for the word strips! I just couldn't find the right paper word strips to fit my theme!

Main kit used: Calistasstuff "Carpe Diem", elements also taken from Kimb "Ta-da" and "Reminisce," Juno "WeAreFamily," and AnitaDesigns "CountonMe"

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Lovely photos, and the b&w works really well with your page

here's mine and I've written my journaling in english (not easy for me)

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        beautiful job Gaelle, and your English looks perfect to me!

• Ga_L
        Ga_L commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you corrin

A letter to my husband

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful journaling, and what a fantastic sunset! Love it!

This was indeed quite the challenge and definitely not something I've ever done before!

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you enjoyed the experience, even if it was new! Your journaling is beautiful! <3 <3

Template Used: ad_destinationescape_tp08 (modified to fit one photo.
      Kit Used: mic_work in progress
      Also used: Dawn Farias You Tube video tutorial, handwriting on digital scrapbook pages. Used the same technique to include some doodles.
      Thanks for looking

[IMG][/IMG]
      Last edited by lauriezyskind; 07-19-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Conratulations on 11 years together!! Yay! I love you hand doodle, and the heart too!

TDP Summer Camp Week 3 Letters Home

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Such lovely journaling, and big hugs and congratualtions to your sister in her fight against cancer.

So here's how this one's supposed to read: To the pondering, hungry, hangry, happy ... always hungry T.Rex in the house, (and then the rest of the journaling). I used those descriptive words again in my journaling and highlighted them with the footprint stamps underneath, but didn't use separate word strips again since my title is (in my mind at least) part of the journaling.

Last edited by caliten; 07-20-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X