WEEK #1 | LETTERS HOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #1 | LETTERS HOME

Hello everyone and welcome to our first week of Summer Camp. Your camp counselor Stefanie here with the letters home challenge. This challenge is a journaling challenge.

I love going away on holidays and seeing the world, but this is not always feasible. When we stay at home my daughter has a list of things she wants to get done. It makes me smile, seeing her so goal oriented. So for this challenge you should mention what your ideal stay-cation would look like, or what you do to make the summer holidays memorable.

My example page uses Gorgeous Girl from Cornelia Designs.

This example was made by Jan and uses Tranquil Papers and Elements by Sahin Designs and Be Inspired N7 Templates by Dunia Designs.

Have fun and don't have too many smores.

Rules:
    1. Your layout needs to be new for this challenge and contain at least 100 words.
    2. Your journaling should be in your own words, speaking as though you would if you were writing letters to someone at home.
    3. Load your layout into the challenge gallery here at TDP and into this thread.
    4. Layout must be completed by 11:59 pm ET on Saturday the 7th of July 2018.
    Last edited by Hillary; 07-01-2018, 11:36 AM.

Thanks for the opportunity to remind myself that these photos represent local day-cations I can take advantage of.
    http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...cation&cat=519

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      that does look like a beautiful part of the work, and I love your title - day-cation (that is a new word to me, but I love it!).

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week, I love the small peeks into your choices and the happy yellow background paper. I love looking at what I have and finding contentment within that.

I used a Template from Wishing Well Creations called Tiny Paper Bits and a collab kit by Scotty Girl Design and Wishing Well Creations called Where We Live.

[IMG]WWC__TinyPaperBits__03 by Slfam[/img]
    Happiness is a choice ~ Choose wisely

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      what a striking page! I love the bright coloured paper pieces, on the black background paper, but your journaling echoing around the page underneath the photos and paper blocks looks brilliant!

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week, I love the dramatic dark background with the happy pops of colour and flower filled photos.

Here's mine:

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds ideal to me too! And those little sea critters are just adorable.

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      those sea animal doodles/elements are so cute on your page! I love the borders you ahve created too, and the sun at the top - so topical (or should that be tropical!?).

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds perfect to me too, I can people watch anywhere. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week.

Thank you for the challenge!
    (journaling: 113 words)

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      such a sweet page, I love the little house with it's street sign and picket fence!

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I love being at home too with no need to go anywhere at a specific time. Love the split background and the homely elements you added. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.

And here is mine. Enjoyed the challenge!
    Edit: Ooops! I forgot the 100 words. Will be back with more text lol! A challenge indeed!
    *fixed*
    Last edited by antebellum; 07-02-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the home-y feel of your page, the slightly wonky paper strips at the sides and the pennant banner all add to a homemade and relaxed feeling.

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect, thanks for playing along with our challenge. I love the detailed side edges and the fabulous dimension you added to the scene.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Retirement can be so fun. Love hearing about the way you spend your days. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.

Ahh! My favorite vacation...a staycation. Thanks for the prompt! Here is my page:

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I love it, some people think it's boring but it certainly sounds idyllic to me. Love the bold playful title and the interesting cut outs of the BG. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month.

What a lovely prompt Stefanie! Here's my page:
    Last edited by melscrap; 07-06-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      @melscrap
      I popped you a PM. Love the fabulous layered title and the sweet colourful striped background highlighting your sweet focal photos.

Here is mine!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by beckychart; 07-05-2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      What a sweet experience to have captured and documented! I love the little series of photos under the main photo, and your journaling is lovely.

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, what an awesome day to capture and document, fabulous and thoughtful.
      Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.

Was going to make the pictures sepia but I couldn't figure it out in PSE18.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds simply perfect, I could sign up for all of that in no particular order.
      Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.

2018MomentsJournalChall_edited-1 webcopy 2.jpg by Michelle Pelkey, on Flickr

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      love your 3D flowers on the flower paper, and such a lovely pop of blue!

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel the same way about my home town, and that's a wonderful blessing to enjoy.
      Love the striking title work and the split paper BG, thanks for playing along with our challenge this week.

We love to go swimming, especially in the summer!

Comment

Week 1 Letters Home

Comment

It's the perfect challenge for me as we're having stay-cation this summer. We'd like to share our time between hiking and swimming. I hope the weather will be ok.

sigpic
        Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

Working...
        X