WEEK #3 | LETTERS HOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #3 | LETTERS HOME

Hey friends! My name is Shannon and I'll be your camp counselor for the Week #3 LETTERS HOME challenge. Have you guys been having fun at Summer Camp? I've seen some pretty great work from these challenges and am definitely having fun myself!

If you've done the other two Letters Home challenges, you probably already know that this challenge is a journaling challenge. So here's what this week's is all about...

When I think back to when I went to Summer Camp, there are certain people who stick out in my memory. Specifically for me, it was my camp counselor. Her name was Michelle, and she was in charge of the little hut of 6 of us girls for the two weeks that we were there. Summer Camp was one of the first times I was away from my parents for any length of time and in the care of another adult. There was something wonderful about that. I mean let's all admit it, as you grow up, though your parents are wise and do their best in raising you and guiding you toward making good choices, sometimes the message doesn't sink in unless it comes from an adult or mentor that's NOT your parents. This is how it was with Michelle. She was probably younger than I am now, but to me, she was someone I looked up to, someone I knew to be wise, someone I knew could teach me. I was an eager youngster just trying to figure everything out, and it felt so cool to have an adult (who wasn't my parents) be such an influence to me.

So this week's challenge is to think about someone in your past, perhaps from your childhood, perhaps someone that's in your life now. Think about what kind of impact this person has had in your life and how your life has changed because of this person. You can either journal the story as you normally would, or format it like a letter home, to tell your family about this person that has had such an impact.

Here's a page I created for the challenge with K Becca's "Happy Trails" and a couple of elements from Sahin Designs "Yay for Friday" and Dunia Designs "Hello July".

And here's a page that Creative Team member Heidi Nicole made...

[Credits: Happy Camper by Mari Koegelenberg Creations]

Here's a couple of additional requirements for this challenge:
    1. Your page must have at least 100 WORDS OF JOURNALING.
    2 You page/project must be ready and uploaded into the gallery by 11:59pm PT on Saturday July 15th.
    3 After you have uploaded the page in the challenge gallery, please link it up here in this thread, as well.

I can't wait to see what you guys create!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 07-16-2017, 01:45 AM.

Those are really wonderful pages!

Comment

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
        Heidi Nicole commented
        Editing a comment
        This is such an amazing page! <3

Thank you for hosting, Shannon. Here's mine:

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        I love it gwalters ! Thank you so much for playing... I had so many influencial teachers in my youth so I can totally relate.

• Heidi Nicole
        Heidi Nicole commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, this is gorgeous! I love your journaling and your font choice

Here's mine:

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Aw I love this! What a sweet message... thank you so much for playing!

• Heidi Nicole
        Heidi Nicole commented
        Editing a comment
        This made me feel all warm and fuzzy! I love it!

[IMG]url=https://flic.kr/p/Vyuck7][/url]week 3 letter home by Becky Hart, on Flickr[/IMG]

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...s-home&cat=519

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        How wonderful! Having such an amazing best friend is so priceless, I can relate. Thank you for playing - I enjoyed reading your story!

• Heidi Nicole
        Heidi Nicole commented
        Editing a comment
        This is so fun! Love all the photos You are blessed to have such an amazing friend in your life! <3

Here's one from me:

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        I love this! I had a couple of walking partners too and know how big a difference they can make. Thanks for playing!

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry if this is big. I'm working on google chrome instead of firefox because firefox lost my antivirus add-in's/plug-ins and I haven't fixed it yet.

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Wonderful! Thank you for playing... loved your story and can relate to having someone in my life that is the kind of person I want to be. Love it!

My "letter" for this week.

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your style here... it's an actual postcard! You've got a heartwarming story as well - thank you for playing!

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        So very precious... I can only hope that one day I can experience that feeling as well of having a daughter (or son). Thank you so much for playing and creating this sweet page!

Thanks for the challenge. Here is my page:

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow what an amazing story!! I completely love it - what a turning point that has shaped your life. Thank you so much for playing and sharing this with us!

These two women made a big change in my life. Joy makes a difference almost every week as she takes me to go shopping, to doctor appt, to my Mom's, etc. I am so blessed with a friend that does so much for me!

Comment

I miss him....

Comment

This one was hard for me but I finally hit on someone to write about

Comment

Yay!!! I made it in time!! I actually made this layout on Thursday night after missing my best friends something fierce, but forgot to post it. I'm such a dork!!! But this is for the two people who have stood by me no matter what life throws me - even though they are MI. I miss my friends!!!

Save
            Save

Comment

Working...
            X