No announcement yet.

WEEK #2 | MESS HALL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made the Frozen Coconut Limeade (with the rum). This won't be a "keeper" in this household, but it wasn't too bad....now just have to figure out what to do with an almost full can of frozen limeade and the left over coconut milk. Actually I had the milk with a couple of cookies from last week - not too bad.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Could you just make up the can of limeade and drink it? Or use it as mixer in another beverage?

• Pups_r_Paps
      Pups_r_Paps commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually had to order a pitcher from Amazon yesterday so I COULD make up the rest of the limeade; couldn't believe I didn't have one.

I chose the frozen coconut limeade (We loved it!):

Comment

I tried the tacos, a first in this household, made a few changes due to availability this side of the pond and a strong x3 aversion to coriander.

Comment

I think I know where some of the issue is coming with the frozen beverage....it's supposed to be creme/cream of coconut (the kind you get in the drink mixers aisle), not coconut milk (which you get in the canned goods or Asian food aisle). The former has a higher fat content, and a different flavor than the coconut milk. With the coconut milk the proportions have to be adjusted to make it come out right (about half the can of limeade and a good squirt of agave).

And on an unrelated side note, I've been to two different grocery stores and neither had halloumi cheese, or its substitutes queso para frier or queso blanco. So we may just have to do LisaDV's swap of chicken for cheese and see how it goes.

Comment

• Pups_r_Paps
          Pups_r_Paps commented
          Editing a comment
          The recipe specifies coconut milk...but if you just add enough rum you won't care! <VBG>

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          So the refrigerated coconut milk that you get in the dairy section is NOT the same as coconut milk from a can (in our grocery stores it's in the Asian food section). Using the former will yield a very different end result than using the latter.

I live alone so the dip recipe produced way too much for me. Although I could have just reduced the recipe for 1 portion, I didn't want to have weird amounts of the ingredients leftover. What I did instead was make a very small amount of the dip to try it and then took the rest and made pasta sauce and soup from it. Here's the pasta...

Comment

The grandkids loved this fun summer drink - though they all agreed it needed more limeade which was just fine! I'm going to try it with rum one of these days!

Comment

Here is my version of the Taco. Needed to make a few changes - so I added my version of the recipe to the layout.

Comment

I made the frozen limeaide, well lemonade, that's what I had! Yummy and refreshing!

[IMG]2017-07-15 15.10.16 by Becky Hart, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
              X