WEEK #2 | MESS HALL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #2 | MESS HALL

Hello there, and welcome to our official Summer Camp MESS HALL for WEEK #2!

At Summer Camp, MESS HALL is where you go to eat. And with that in mind, each week we're be posting one full meal (main dish, side dish, and dessert-or-cocktail). To earn a badge for that week... you simply need to try at least ONE of the THREE recipes we share, and then post a photo of the result here in the thread for that week's MESS HALL challenge!

Here's a sneak peek at this week's menu (to see it all, including the recipes, click through and you'll find it on the blog!)...

WEEK #2 | MESS HALL

Rules for this week's MESS HALL challenge:
    ---Try making at least ONE of the THREE recipes featured in the blog post linked up above
    ---Start a post in this thread, and post a photo of the result of your cooking adventure (you should use a photo sharing site/service -- not the TDP gallery -- to host your image)
    ---To receive credit toward your MESS HALL badge for WEEK #2, your photo will need to be posted in this thread by 11:59pm PT on Saturday 7/15.
    ---Have fun, and ENJOY!

~ Laura ~

This looks so yummy. I'll substitute the cheese out for chicken breast in the main recipe. Wishing dd could eat more things right now. She's off beans too, and that dip looks delish. I can't wait to try the coconut lime drink.

Comment

These all look sooooo good!

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the recipes. Here's mine:

Comment

Definitely need to try these!!
          Save

Comment

They all sound good.
            Save

Comment

Seriously, yum!!

Comment

I made the grilled cheese tacos and the frozen limeade for our dinner tonight. Out of the six of us, everyone but the youngest (7 and 9 years old) loved these tacos! Goat cheese was new for us, but this one was happily received. I didn't start preparing dinner in time to have the bean dip. I will have to make that tomorrow or something. It looks yummy!

Comment

Substitutes & changes based on my family quirks and dd12 elimination diet for food allergies: the cheese was replaced with chicken which I pounded it out thin and then cut into small pieces. The cilantro out as a side as DS14 hates cilantro. The shallot was left out as dd can\'t have them yet. I added a sprinkling of cumin to the chicken while it cooked.
                  The limeade drink: I couldn\'t use frozen limeade, so I used squeezed lime juice and maple sugar for sweetness (I could have added more maple sugar as I need more lime juice and forgot to add more sugar). I ended up adding a mint leaf in it to help with the sourness. Yum!

Comment

oh yum!!

Comment

This just wasn't for me.

Comment

• Amson
                        Amson commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Love all your comments on the page. So funny! I'll have to try the recipe and see for myself.

we had these for dinner tonight, I thought they were delicious (sadly I was the only one, and yes, the cheese got a little tooooo done!)

Comment

Love the frozen limeade, my husband said it was too sweet for him but it was perfect for me.

Comment

I made Carrie's Frozen Coconut Limeade. It was the perfect beverage on this hot and humid day. My daughter and I sat on the front porch and sipped and talked. Love those simple moments. Thanks for the recipe!
                          Last edited by lorieh; 07-14-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

No rum for me, but it was delicious!

Comment

Working...
                            X