WEEK #1 | BONFIRE GATHERING -- SLOW SCRAP INSTRUCTIONS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #1 | BONFIRE GATHERING -- SLOW SCRAP INSTRUCTIONS

Lorie from LJS Designs and I are hosting a Slow Scrap right now in the chat room. Feel free to join us now, but here are the instructions as well in case you can't!

Before we get started with the actual scrap recipe, lets make sure you know the basic campfire rules. First, all pages need to be created using 100% TDP products, which includes freebies or retired products. Also, all pages must be uploaded to the Challenge Gallery by 8:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, July 9th. Lastly, HAVE FUN!

We'd love to see your pages linked in this thread too so we can enjoy each other's layouts and leave you some love!

Last edited by mocamom; 07-08-2017, 07:39 PM.
    Save
    Save

#1 Now to get started with our first ingredient of our Scrapping S’more, the bottom graham cracker. To represent this, start with a kraft or neutral 12x12 background paper.

#2 Graham crackers are always divided in the middle, so add a ribbon, border or stitches to the middle of your page, either vertically or horizontally.

#3 To represent the holes in the graham cracker, add six small circle elements to your layout in two groups of three.

#4 Now on to layer number two of our s’more, the marshmallow. Add one 6” white or cream circle to your layout over the center ribbon, border/stitches.

#5 I don’t know about you, but I like my marshmallow just a little burnt around the edge, so add something black, like doodles, stitches or a mat, to the outside of your white circle. It’s alright if the element overlaps the circle because cooking a marshmallow is not a precision event.

#6 The third s’more layer, the chocolate, is my favorite part. Add a chunky, ie. thick, square frame of any color some where on top of your white circle. If you like chocolate like I do, make it bigger. If chocolate is not your thing, make it smaller and then add the photo of your choice to it.

#7 Next add a single word title in large letters to your layout, overlapping/touching the photo and frame at least once.

#8 To represent the second graham cracker, add another square element to your layout. It can be a frame, photo, journal cards, etc, whatever, but it has to be on top of the other elements.

#9. Add another thin, straight element to the stack. Anything you want in any size. An arrow, a word strip, just keep it straight and thin.

#10 Add six more circle elements, flowers, buttons, etc. to represent the holes in this cracker.

#11 To represent the gooey goodness of a s’more, add something messy, like paint splatters, to your layout.

#12 Finally, add some journaling and the date to the page, the sit back and enjoy your scrumptious creation.

And that's it!! Remember to post your pages by 8:00 p.m. EST tomorrow 7/9/17. Let's see what y'all created!!!!
    Last edited by mocamom; 07-08-2017, 08:20 PM.
    Save
    Save

Comment

I had a lot of fun! Thanks to those of you who were able to attend. For those of you who couldn't be there, I hope you enjoy creating your scrapping smore. I am looking forward to seeing all the layouts.

Comment

OMG that was so much fun... love it!! Thanks for hosting Lorie and mocamom !

Here's mine:

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang Shannon - you are fast AND good!! I love your journaling - and that font doesn't look big to me

• Lorie
          Lorie commented
          Editing a comment
          Fabulous layout Shannon! I agree, love the journaling.

Thanks for the fun scrap! Man I need to buy some marshmallows now!

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          What a great selfie! Love that we both used a doiley for our big circle Your use of the stamps is a great idea for the second set of circles!

• Lorie
          Lorie commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful layout Molly.

Awesome layouts so far! Here's mine:

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that your paint palette is your square!! He's a great budding artist!

• Lorie
          Lorie commented
          Editing a comment
          Great layout. He's such a cutie!

This was fun, but also, hard. I like knowing the photo and story before I start pulling my supplies. But I think it worked out in the end. Thanks so much.

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          It definitively worked @LisaDV!!! This is great! We homeschool too and I have a child (or two) who could care less for all the hands on projects that homeschoolers are supposed to love - well, unless it involves food! Our kids could be siblings

• Lorie
          Lorie commented
          Editing a comment
          Great journaling and a fabulous page!

For some frustrating reason I keep getting error messages telling me that I am not authorized to edit or add attachments. So, here is the link to the Challenge Gallery with my entry: http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...=smile&cat=519

I got it!
        [IMG] [\IMG]

Last edited by Celticbabe; 07-09-2017, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Celticbabe
          Celticbabe commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your help, caliten. I tried both of those ways and both gave me the same error code. The only way I was able to get it to work was by taking the BB code and manually sandwiching it between [IMG] "brackets" in the comment area. It was a very frustrating experience!

• Celticbabe
          Celticbabe commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, mocamom!

• Lorie
          Lorie commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that photo! Fantastic layout.

Thanks for the fun chat, scrap, and PP. Here's mine:

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          What great gifts! Can I be a part of your family too Love your journaling even though I'm super jealous that you are scrapping the current month! Great page!

• Lorie
          Lorie commented
          Editing a comment
          Wonderful page and journaling. I am with Robin, where do I sign up to be part of your clan.

This was really fun. Thanks, Lorie and Mocamom!

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          So glad you had fun!!! Those colors are the perfect compliment to his shirt! This is such a cute page

• Lorie
          Lorie commented
          Editing a comment
          Great layout! I love the green frame with his shirt.

Wow!! These are amazing!! I am LOVING how different they are. This is truly fun - everyone getting the same instructions and yet we all read the steps differently. So Cool!!

Here's mine!
        Save
        Save

Comment

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they at least let you mail the knife back to yourself? My husband did this last summer....unintentionally tried to carry a large pocket knife through security. It ended up in a Priority Mail envelope that somehow took 2.5 weeks to go the 40 miles to our house.

• shannonc
          shannonc commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooooh love this layout!

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope caliten! The knife was gone and Zach was soooo stressed that his teacher would be mad. I wish I had known to ask about getting it mailed back - for Zach's sake if nothing else

I've always wanted to try a Slow Scrap! I hope I can try this, it looks so fun!

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          Come play

Finally was able to find some time to finish my "bonfire" page. The only step that might not be obvious is #9 - it's the yellow ribbon under the stitching.

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that you made your journaling transparent - perfect touch!

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          What kind of puppy is this?! I absolutely love her ears!! Loved that you used the flower centers as your circles - very creative!!

Sorry I missed the chat, here is my layout though.

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          Stefanie I'm going to grow up to be you some day. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the butterflies and the trails that they are leaving
      Working...
      X