X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mocamom
    started a topic WEEK #2 | ARTS & CRAFTS

WEEK #2 | ARTS & CRAFTS

Hello TDP campers! I'm Robin, and I'm the camp counselor in charge of Arts & Crafts for this second week of SUMMER CAMP at The Digital Press! Can you believe the first week is done already??!!

Once again, for the Arts & Crafts project you'll be making a layout using tutorials from our blog. HOWEVER, this week you must choose TWO of our tutorials and use the techniques in them to create a layout or project of your choice. You've mastered using one tutorial, so now it's time to try mixing two. Camp is all about growing, and this will help us do just that. You know you love growing

To make it easy to browse all of the many tutorials that can be found on The Digital Press's blog, the entire collection of tutorials is cataloged on our TDP Pinterest board for tutorials FOUND HERE. There are so many tutorial topics for you to choose from, that you will surely find something that will challenge you as a scrapper -- whether it's focused on photography, journaling, Photoshop techniques, or other design techniques.

Here are the rules of this challenge:
    1. Create an original layout or project using TWO of the tutorial posts found on TDP's blog (linked above) using 100% TDP products
    2. Post your layout by 11:59pm PT on Saturday 7/15/2017 in the challenge gallery
    3. Start a post, below, in which you can link us up to your layout from the gallery... and also link us to the tutorial you used to complete your layout or project
    4. Don't forget to track your badges for SUMMER CAMP! If you need more information on how to do this, see HERE.

To give you some inspiration... here's a layout that I created using "Five Ways to Create Visually-Appealing Layout Designs" and "Photography Tips for Shooting in the Dark". I first had my husband take my photo using the light from my Kindle Fire while I read a book outside on our villa's balcony. Then I scrapped it using the rule of thirds and placing my black and white photo on the intersection of the lower left side of my imaginary grid. There were so many fun tutorials that I had a hard time picking just two, but I love this layout especially since it proves I was there on vacation (since I'm the family photographer, I'm never in the photos and thus can't prove I exist!).

Additionally, here is another example by TDP creative team member, Stefanie. She used Chloe's Posing Tutorial tutorial for her photo bottom right and her very own Scraplift Yourself tutorial, scraplifting a layout she made earlier this week.

I hope you are having as much fun at Summer Camp as I am and I can't wait to see how the tutorials inspire you, and what you make!
    Last edited by Hillary; 07-07-2017, 03:10 PM.

• corrin
    commented on 's reply
    mocamom yes they are free! The pale pink flamingoes is century gothic - bold (came with our computer I think), and the dark pink and black flamingoes @ Drusillas; is called Pea EliseJoy (fonts for peas from Kevin and Amanda). Just in case, the journaling is Pea KungFu Manda - also form fonts for peas.

• mocamom
    replied
    Thank y'all so much for playing along with me. I pinned many tutorials thanks to this challenge and it was truly a pleasure looking at all the layouts this week!!

Leave a comment:

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    Ohhh I need to go find that tuturial on the night photography. That is where I struggle the most!! Love that your word art reflected the word "hope" like the candles! This is such a pretty page!

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful page Molly and sending e-cards is a great way to stay in touch! Which tutorials did you use for this sweet page?

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    You know how I love titles and yours is perfect Corrin! What fonts are those and are they free

• Joan K
    replied
    I used tips for Shooting at Night (Farrah) and "Painting " Papers together (Barbara). Another good challenge to stretch our skills a bit!

Leave a comment:

• mollyscraps
    replied
    I completely enjoy my relationship even though it is unorthodox. The tutorials I used are: Blend Modes and Your Recoloring Skills (Thx mocamom for reminding me to list them here not just the gallery!)

Last edited by mollyscraps; 07-16-2017, 12:25 PM. Reason: Added tutorials

Leave a comment:

• Kiana
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you mocamom I like brackets too, just don't use them enough!

• corrin
    replied
    here is my page

I used Quick Photo Fixes and Combining Fonts (especailly for the title)
    and Dawn by Designs' new Tropicana kit - love those cure flamingoes!!

Leave a comment:

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    That's my favorite tutorial! The one about the fonts I mean. I have this one saved and refer back to it often. You did a great job on your title and I LOVE your photo strip!!

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    I love your heartfelt journaling. It's so easy to lose ourselves when we spend all day taking care of our families. I'm so glad you have started doing something for yourself. Little things often make a huge difference. You will treasure this beautiful page when you look back on this time in your life.

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    This reminds me of a beautiful quilt!

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    Dang! You are another one of those talented people that can make great new papers out of other ones! Love that bracket by the way - that's one of my favorite ellies!

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    What a great overlay! The silhouette of the children looks great with your silhouette of your real child!!
Working...
X