No announcement yet.

WEEK #1 | MESS HALL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also preferred to do a layout rather than just a photo. BTW, I really liked this simple salad. I wasn't sure about the dressing (I usually go for Ranch), but it was DELISH!

Comment

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      That was totally my reaction to it, too, the first time I saw the recipe! HA HA! I was not sold on it at all... but then I ate it... and wow. Shocked at how flavorful it was!

I replaced the cheese with ground turkey and the pasta with sliced zucchini which I added to the bowl and placed the hot sauce over so the zucchini didn't get soggy. I also made the cookies - for dh I left the chocolate chips out and for ds I added Enjoy life mini chips.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you tried zoodles? A little bit of salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and about 3 minutes in the skillet, and I'd take those over plain ol' pasta noodles any day!

• LisaDV
      LisaDV commented
      Editing a comment
      caliten, we love zoodles. Our favorite zoodle dish is zoodles (no cooking) torn lettuce leaves, radish slices, diced deseeded cucumbers, carrot matchsticks, chopped seared tuna steaks, diced avocado, salt and pepper to taste. You can add soy sauce or coconut aminos if you like, and sometimes dh & I mix it with wasabi for a kick.

mmmm! cookies! I am always up for trying new cookies, and these are so smooth and melty in the middle (we vote for warm, about 6mins out of the oven seems best - we tested a few diferent times to find "the best"!). Thanks for the recipe, I maight try the other courses soon too, but for some reason the most urgent need seems to have been for more cookies!

Comment

When I saw the cookies used maple syrup I had to make it as I have syrup that I made from the maple trees in our neighborhood Everyone loves them!

Comment

I tried the cookies this week. I made a layout to go with my pictures!
        They were super yummy!

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...s-hall&cat=519

[IMG]Week 1 Mess Hall by Becky Hart, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

I made the cookie recipe - following the directions quite carefully including the directive to pour a glass of wine after all the upper body workout! That was the best part - though the grandkids seem to love the cookies! I made a "light layout" to complete the challenge. This is a really good recipe - definitely one to make again!

Comment

We baked cookies tonight at the lake house & both kids say that recipe is a keeper!

Last edited by AmieN1; 07-09-2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I don't if my entry will count...
              I saw that challenge really late (Friday night my time). I didn't mind doing 3 LOs in a row, but the thing is, I don't cook at weekends On Saturdays we order food, either burgers, pizza or tacos, and on Sundays we have lunch at my in-laws. So, this is what we had for lunch today. Do I take any credit for using my own plates instead of the paper containers?

http://s640.photobucket.com/user/cin...a/000.jpg.html

Comment

I knew it was super easy to make your own croutons but I had never done it. Thanks for the technique!!! I used baby red and green romaine mixed with baby kale as my base. Then I added broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, and brown zebra cherry tomatoes.

Comment

It won't let me post a picture, but here is the link to the picture of the cookies I made. I adjusted them so that my son with Celiac disease could enjoy them, too.
                  http://s983.photobucket.com/user/Cel...gs50h.jpg.html

Never mind! I figured it out!
                  [IMG] [\IMG]
                  Last edited by Celticbabe; 07-09-2017, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X