WEEK #1 | MESS HALL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #1 | MESS HALL

Hello there, and welcome to our official Summer Camp MESS HALL for WEEK #1!

At Summer Camp, MESS HALL is where you go to eat. And with that in mind, each week we'll be posting one full meal (main dish, side dish, and dessert). To earn a badge for that week... you simply need to try at least ONE of the THREE recipes we share, and then post a photo of the result here in the thread for that week's MESS HALL challenge!

Here's a sneak peek at this week's menu (to see it all, including the recipes, click through and you'll find it on the blog!)...

WEEK #1 MESS HALL

Rules for this week's MESS HALL challenge:

---Try making at least ONE of the THREE recipes featured in the blog post linked up above
    ---Start a post in this thread, and post a photo of the result of your cooking adventure (you should use a photo sharing site/service -- not the TDP gallery -- to host your image)
    ---To receive credit toward your MESS HALL badge for WEEK #1, your photo will need to be posted in this thread by 11:59pm PT on Saturday 7/8.
    ---Have fun, and ENJOY!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 07-02-2017, 03:06 AM.
    ~ Laura ~

• All these recipe looks delicious. My sons are big fan of cookies and i have never dare to do them myself. So i have to try this recipe. But if someone could explain me the difference between baking powder and baking soda, it would be great. It would be perfect if a french speaker could tell me the french name

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs - Sahin Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I googled. Baking soda and Bicarbonate of soda are the same thing.
      Baking powder is made up of Baking soda (Bicarbonate of soda) and cream of tarter - we use this in South Africa and add to flour to make things rise.
      Baking soda or Bicarb of soda is usually added to self-raising flour or you need to add the cream of tartar. Hope that helps...otherwise maybe chloe?

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      Sauf erreur de ma part, baking soda c'est du bicarbonate de soude et baking powder c'est la levure chimique. On peut utiliser du bicarbonate de soude en remplacement de la levure à condition qu'il y ait un acide avec lequel il puisse interagir... Je crois!

• Anne PC
      Anne PC commented
      Editing a comment
      Merci Chloé. Je n'ai plus qu'à essayer maintenant

These look delish! I have been better about actually making some of the recipes I pin on Pinterest! LOL

Comment

My daughter and I took a special trip to the shops to get the ingredients for the main dish. She truly surprised me by enjoying it, even though the ravioli I got was filled with mushroom and she hasn't eaten mushrooms in over 10 years. Everyone pronounced this a winner. I just should have added more cheese, it worked perfectly.

Last edited by Stefanie; 07-02-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        I am excited to have one more family's worth of approval on this recipe. I am set to receive a Marley Spoon box with this in it in a couple of weeks.

This is a great challenge. The recipes look delicious. As soon as I saw the cookies I had to try them. I changed my recipe by using 11/2 cups of chocolate chips and a heaping 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. Totally agree that these are the best chocolate chip cookies ever. Here's mine:
      Last edited by jang; 07-02-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        Aren't they tasty?! Laura shared this with me a month or so ago and I have been craving them again since then.

• Laura Passage
        Laura Passage commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I've been pushing the cookies on everyone... like a drug dealer pushes product... LOL

I used the template and then made a layout about this meal too!

Comment

We had this for dinner tonight- great dish. The sauce tasted wonderful!

Comment

I'm a registered dietitian. Hopefully I'm allowed to alter the recipes to make them slightly healthier? For example, I have a wonderful skillet lasagne recipe I've made with clients in the cooking classes that I teach, but it's a lot higher in fibre and lower in fat than the recipe provided.

Comment

Yum! This looks right up our alley! Might have to make all of these one night this week!! Thanks for the yummy recipes, can't wait!

Comment

I really liked the idea of this recipe. I used cheese ravioli and put some meatball pieces on them. Yummy!

Comment

Daaanggg y'all are talented people!! My daughter looked at these and may attempt one tomorrow night, but she asked me not to even try. No one eats what I cook, so I'm happy to pass the recipes on to her These look GOOD!!
                Save
                Save

Comment

Hope it was OK to do a scrapbook page with photos of my salad.

Comment

• Laura Passage
                  Laura Passage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, totally OK! Love it! What a cute idea. I've always wanted to scrap some of my recipes and make a book out of it... *someday*

Thank you for the awesome recipe! My husband loves any kind of Italian food - so he was a happy camper! Here are my photos:

Comment

Do we get to substitute things? I have a gluten free, dairy free, egg free, cane/beet sugar free, mostly grain free girl. Like could I use zucchini for the ravioli and leave out the cheese.

Comment

• Stefanie
                    Stefanie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I imagine you need to make what your family can eat - rather than sticking to the recipe 100%? @LauraPassage
                    I know that what we can get this side of the ocean compared to the USA is so different that for me substitution is a normal thing.

• Laura Passage
                    Laura Passage commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, that sounds like a fun adventure that we'd all love going on with you! YOU GET TO BE THE TEST AUDIENCE! hahaha ...and then the rest of us get the benefit of your tinkering. Yay!

• caliten
                    caliten commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is my world too (but just no gluten or dairy, and preferably no soy either), and I find myself substituting all the time, so recipes just become 'inspiration'.

My husband agrees that this is a keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it

Thank you gwalters for the help in getting my photo to show!! I really appreciate it
                  Last edited by lorieh; 07-06-2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• gwalters
                    gwalters commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The [IMG] thing doesn't work for me either, so I click on the A and then click on the box with the mountains and copy the link in the box that pops up. Hope that helps you.

• gwalters
                    gwalters commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are very welcome. Glad I could help!
                Working...
                X