WEEK #1 | ARTS & CRAFTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK #1 | ARTS & CRAFTS

Hi campers! I'm Katie, and I'm the camp counselor in charge of Arts & Crafts for this first week of SUMMER CAMP at The Digital Press!

If you have ever wanted to catch up on some of the tutorials on The Digital Press blog that you haven't yet had time to check out, then this challenge will be right up your alley! For this weeks Arts & Crafts project, you must choose ONE of our tutorials and use the technique in it to create a layout of project of your choice.

To make it easy to browse all of the many tutorials that can be found on The Digital Press's blog, the entire collection of tutorials is cataloged on our TDP Pinterest board for tutorials FOUND HERE. There are so many tutorial topics for you to choose from, that you will surely find something that will challenge you as a scrapper -- whether it's focused on photography, journaling, Photoshop techniques, or other design techniques.

Here are the rules of this challenge:
    1. Create an original layout or project using ONE of the tutorial posts found on TDP's blog (linked above) using 100% TDP products
    2. Post your layout by 11:59pm PT on Saturday 7/8/2017 in the challenge gallery
    3. Start a post, below, in which you can link us up to your layout from the gallery... and also link us to the tutorial you used to complete your layout or project
    4. Don't forget to track your badges for SUMMER CAMP! If you need more information on how to do this, see HERE.

To give you some inspiration... here's a layout that I created using Erin's tutorial on brightening photos. This photo was pretty underexposed, and just had a lot of dark shadows. I used her tips to improve my photo and make it brighter using levels, curves, and contrast adjustments...

Additionally, here is another example by another TDP creative team member, Maribel. She used a tutorial by Corrin to learn to create text around a circle!

Have fun, campers! I can't wait to see how the tutorials inspire you, and what you make!

Last edited by Laura Passage; 07-02-2017, 02:45 AM.
    --- KATIE ---

Here is my layout, I was challenged to try the text in a circle from Corrin's text in a circle tutorial.

Comment

• gwalters
      gwalters commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome layout!

here is mine with the circle text
    --- ASTRID ---

Comment

I chose the Scraplift myself Tutorial

this was the layout I lifted - http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-bingo&cat=582

Last edited by Kiana; 07-02-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, love that you chose one of mine! Awesome take on this challenge too! Well done.

Great pages Ladies. I love that there are so many tutorials to choose from. Makes it so easy to learn something new and fun!

Comment

I love testing tutorials and I think I will try this one http://www.thedigitalpress.co/tutori...ound-a-circle/

be back soon with my page...

Comment

I am glad that little tutorial of mine has come in handy! I love the pages so far, and will have to go and browse that pinterest board so I can join in too!

Comment

• mrivas
            mrivas commented
            Editing a comment
            I was doing it the long way until I read the tutorial, so much easier your way!

I used 2 tutorials, Brightening Dull Photos, and Listen to Your Inner Artist although I stopped before turning the drawing to black and white. Here's mine:

Comment

• Stefanie
            Stefanie commented
            Editing a comment
            Great job jang! and so artistic, I will have to give that one a try.

I did the tutorial for Digital Artist Trading Cards

Comment

So fun! What gorgeous projects <3

Comment

I used the tutorial on using word art creatively. (http://www.thedigitalpress.co/tutori...rt-creatively/)
              Here's my take on the challenge:

Comment

• gwalters
                gwalters commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh my gosh! How cute is this layout!

• mocamom
                mocamom commented
                Editing a comment
                I LOVE how you did this!!!

Thank you for hosting, Katie. I chose the tutorial on using masking clips. Here's mine:

Comment

http://

Here is my page for the Arts and Crafts Tutorial Tip. I used the tutorial "Listen to your Inner Artist" March 3 2015.on using filters and used the Half Tone Pattern on my main photo.

Kit used is " A Little Focus" by KimB

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...us_low_res.jpg

Comment

• mocamom
                  mocamom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What a fun layout! I like this tutorial myself!

Thank you for the link to the tutorials! This was a fun challenge. Here is my page:

I followed the Spherize Tutorial by Heidi Nicole http://www.thedigitalpress.co/tutori...ize-technique/
                Thanks for the great tutorial Heidi!

Comment

I used the "Create Your Own Postage Stamp Frame" tutorial to make the "forever" stamp shown on this ATC for the Chinese Year of the Rooster - 2017. Actually, I couldn't follow the instructions in the video because I don't have Photoshop, just PSE, so I had to figure a "hack" to make it work. But, I think I did it!

Last edited by KAPOH; 07-05-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X