• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Layouts on a digital photo frame?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layouts on a digital photo frame?

Do any of you display your layouts on a digital photo frame?

With the popularity of Instagram I’m surprised there isn’t a square digital frame out there, or if there is I haven’t found it yet. All of the frames I’m seeing are the horizontal rectangle. I think it would be really fun to see layouts on the screen mixed in with photos, or even scrap to the size of the screen.

Is anyone doing this? How do you like it?

Oh that is definitely a good idea. I never thought of that. First because I don't have a digital frame. But even though I bought one for my mum I didn't think I could send her my layouts to showcase.
    scrapping a layout in landscape size would probably look great on a digital photo frame...

Now I want one lol

Comment

Nini, I might try it. On most of the descriptions of the frames it says the photos display at 4:3 so it seems easy enough. It would be especially good for a portrait photo that you don’t want to crop to a landscape.

Comment

I often wonder about things like this too! For a few years I would adapt some of my layouts to a horizontal frame
        sorr of size to make into a calendar, and I got quite used to being able to tell which pages would adapt and which ones would always look a bit off. I think adapting layouts for a 4:3 frame would be much the same, but it does seem crazy that there isn’t a square digital frame out there somewhere!!

Comment

• Laura ODonnell
          Laura ODonnell commented
          Editing a comment
          I do think I’m going to get one of these frames and try it out. I think some mini 4:3 pages mixed in with photos would be fun

I have theNIX Advance- 15 inch Digital Photo & HD Video (720p) Frame with Motion Sensor & 8GB Memory - X15D, which I bought in fall 2018. (It's no longer available on Amazon.) It was easy to load pages and photos onto an SD card. It has a remote control, which I like. You can set the interval speed, the interval "look" (like if it fades into the next image, etc), and you can rotate the screen if you want it portrait instead of landscape. Oh, and you can set the images to FIT so you don't lose any of your 12x12 LOs.

So yes, I have one and I like it! Even DH will watch the photos/LOs. He likes to turn it on when family comes over so they have an idea of what the kids have been up to.

ETA: if you have an Amazon Echo Show, you can change the Settings so it scrolls through your Amazon Prime Photos. I didn't even think about this until today, when the kids asked about one of the photos our Show was, well, showing lol. Anyway, if you have a Show, then that might be a way to show off your LOs (or just your photos) without buying another item. The issue is the small screen size: they're either 5" or 8".
        Last edited by Tree City; 04-06-2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Laura ODonnell
          Laura ODonnell commented
          Editing a comment
          15” is a good size, I will check this out!
      Working...
      X