ISO Quaran-TEEN kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO Quaran-TEEN kit

My DD's birthday is coming up, and I'm pretty sure we'll still be on self-imposed lockdown. ("Self-imposed" because I know we could leave the house, but we've stuck close to home this summer, and will continue to do so while their school district is all virtual.) Anyway, I would love a birthday kit that's geared towards these crazy times as well as towards teens. I have covid kits, but those are about the disease or the stress of the year. (Believe me, I'll use those kits, but not for her bday LOs, ya know?) I have lots of bday kits, but they're all "PARTY PARTY PARTY!": DD will only have one friend from our Qtine Pod and that's only if no one in the friend's family members visits anyone else in the 2 weeks prior to DD's bday. (Yup, we're strict within our Qtine pod.) I say this not to rant about the pandemic but to point out the limitations of a regular birthday kit: they're too "people-y" for this year's festivities.

So, to sum up: I'd love a "teen birthday during covid" kit. (It would be great if it were very teen-centric with eye rolls and other "fun" teen stuff lol. Any ideas? I have bday/covid/emo kits from here but can't think how I could even try piecing them together. TIA!
    Last edited by Tree City; 08-29-2020, 11:02 AM.

I was just thinking that 'kit bashing' (or mix-and-match) may be one way to go about this if you need something right away. Or perhaps recoloring or creatively masking elements from party kits and COVID kits.

Alternatively, you can reach out (via email or social media, or even DM here) to your favorite designers and share your ISO directly. Some may be willing to add your request to their working list, or spin up a mini or an add-on [who knows, your request may inspire a freebie!], since I bet you're not the only one looking for a COVID birthday kit.

Comment

I think you're right, Carrie: I'm going to have to moosh up a few kits. The "Blah" Monthly Chronicles has some great items for a teen lol so I could work those into a covid bday page.

Comment

Ooooh I agree that "Blah" would have some fun teen things in it that you could mix with other kits. If you search "Pandemic" in the shop, it brings up the Covid kits. I think that WM[squared]'s Covid kit has a bunch of fun pieces that might work for you.

Comment

Oh and Dawn by Design has Crazy Town in her shop. It is fun with bold colors...it could work too.

Comment

I think The Monthly Chronicles Blah kit is a great place to start, but I also wonder about ninigoesdigi - Priorities - there is a mini kit and some flairs that might be good (the flairs have a VIP with a crown, a #1 and some others that could work) - I think the colours in this mini kit might lighten/brighten but co-ordinate with the blah kit.

Or Calista's Stuff - One Year Older is a birthday kit that doesn't seem geared towards people - just bright colours and fun elements.

Comment

I did pick up the "Blah" pieces during Pennysaver. They'll definitely work for a page. Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions!

Comment

Working...
              X