Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

transfer photos from phone to computer when cords aren't working?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer photos from phone to computer when cords aren't working?

My computer is old and has started to not recognize my USB cables that I use with my phone to upload pics. Does anyone upload pics from your phone another way? I have an iphone.

I use Google Photos to upload from my phone, and then if I need them on my computer I download them via Google Photos. The resolution is very good and this is the simplest way I've found to do it.

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there a google photos app I need?

Are you on a Mac? If yes, then Airdrop them from your phone to your computer.

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a Dell. I wish it was a mac!

I use Google Photos, as well. I love it. Upload from my iPhone and then download from the Google Photos site, just like LiliJ said. You put the Google Photos App on your phone and it will take all the photos from your camera roll. I keep photos cleared off my phone this way so that it doesn't get too full. I can still view them all on my phone in the app, but they are not stored on my phone.

Comment

I have both Drop box and Media Fire for my phone. I clean up DB more regularly but I keep everything on my paying Media Fire.

Comment

I just saw this- so resurrecting an old thread... but I use LR to sync between my phone & EHD. I love that all I have to do is open lightroom on my desktop & the pics automatically end up where I told them too (my ehd is where I've selected!) It's SO much easier than manually transferring!

Comment

this week I had the same problem, my computer didn't recognize my iPhone and after a windows update one driver wasn't good.
          and when I have this problem, I use dropbow to upload my pictures (I use the app).

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Comment

Working...
            X