Choosing Fonts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing Fonts

How do you choose what fonts to use? I love fonts, down load lots of free ones and even buy some. Now when it comes to using them, I never seem to use many of them

Same here. I have loads of font but I tend to stick to the same ones lol
    My go-to-font for the journal part is Traveling Typewriter. And I like big bold script fonts for a title.
    Like this page here or this one here.

My all time fav are Greatesque Script Brush and Playlist Script, but I have also a new title fav: Marhaban.

Comment

• gwany1999
      gwany1999 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love traveling typewriter!

I'm trying desperately to organize my fonts so I can find them and so I can put them somewhere besides PS (which is slowing down because of my font addiction!). I also want to learn how to tell the difference between serif, handwritten, etc. so I can better pair them! I'm not much help am I ??? hehe
    Save
    Save

Comment

mocamom did you check Laura's suggestion for exploring font software? I am using it now and it is super nice to view sample texts of the fonts you have on your computer. I still need to understand better how to make folders but it helps a lot already.

http://www.thedigitalpress.co/friday...laura-passage/

Comment

• gwany1999
        gwany1999 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, good reference. I forgot about the article.

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Nini! I read it, watched it, and tried to apply it but to no avail! I can't figure out how to get my existing fonts in it so that I can remove them from my library. I think this will be a lengthy project!!

• ninigoesdigi
        ninigoesdigi commented
        Editing a comment
        @mocamon sorry but I can't help you there. I haven't deleted one font in ages lol lol. I just find it easy to view them so that I can pick the one I want for my project. I'll try to have a look again at it and find out if you can delete things... but I am just too scared to delete the fonts from Windows.

Oh man I have TONS of tons of fonts! I have a handful of faves, but like laura- I use a font preview program which makes them SUPER easy to use & view! I use FontBase. :D

As far as choosing which ones- I have my own handwriting as a font that I use 99% of the time for my journaling, but I do like the typewriter ones too! As for titles, that's really where I use the fontbase program... I can type my title into preview box & it will show it in all my fonts so I can find the one I want. I even have them separated into 'bold' 'scripty' 'handwritten' sub categories so I don't' have to look through thousands!

Comment

• gwany1999
        gwany1999 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you get your own handwriting font. That's a neat idea

• AmieN1
        AmieN1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I got it through Becky Higgins (the Project Life guru) There's quite a few designers out there that offer it tho!

I was just thinking about the same things - FONTS! I used to have my own handwriting as a font and I loved it, but when i took a break from scrapping my font file got lost on my old PC. I really want to have a new one made. Laura Passage do any of the designers here do this?

i love, love, love fonts. I'm off to look into font management software! I really wish I could "unload" all the default fonts from photoshop and only have it show the ones I've loaded up myself. anyone know how to do that?

Comment

Working...
      X