Can you change background color?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you change background color?

So...I have some great photos I want to scrap but it was such a cloudy day that the background is bright white. Any tips on how to change that and maybe put in a slight blue background?

Do you have a photo editing plug-in for PS or whatever software you use to make your pages? Changing the tone or adding a filter may help. Alternatively, you can add a color cast to your photos .... make a new solid color layer, crank the opacity way down and clip it to your photo (or use the magic want to clip it only to certain parts of your photo. Or maybe try clipping that solid color layer to a gradient mask, and then clipping that to your photo. Some selective erasing on any layers above your base photo may be required.

Comment

(I wish I had thought of some of that! )

Comment

What Carrie said . In PS I would probably try selecting the background and then play with some adjustments to see if I get something I like or even switch out the background/sky completely. I guess it depends on what program you're working with.

Comment

The first thing I do if I have colors or lack of colors in a photo and I don't want to spend much time editing... is to switch it to b&w. Usually I find that I can work with it if I just make that one switch.

Comment

• caliten
            caliten commented
            Editing a comment
            This is usually me too. If my favorite two filters don’t work, then the photo becomes black&white (sometimes with one of those two favorite filters applied on top).

I would love to know what your fav filters are. I may need to add them to my collection caliten

Comment

• caliten
            caliten commented
            Editing a comment
            I use a photoshop plug-in called AlienSkin Eye Candy for the majority of my photo editing. My go-to filter is their Harsh Landscape one.

• tiffany scraps
            tiffany scraps commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool I'm going to check that out!

Usually I make a new layer and using a large soft brush "paint" in the areas I want to change the color of, using a color a little darker than what you're trying to get your sky to in the photo. Then I play with the opacity and layer style till I get it to what I want. Around 15% opacity and color burn works.
          Sandy AKA SandyPie

Comment

Thanks for all the advice ladies!

Comment

Working...
            X