Scrapping Memories - The Holidays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapping Memories - The Holidays

Carrie's reminder about One Little Word got me thinking ... anyone doing Thankful 30 (for November), planning for December Daily ... or even thinking about Project Life for next year? I've got so much happening in December (a move overseas, for one!!), that I'm thinking I might do this - and pre-plan some basic layouts. When I've done D.D. in the past, I've stuck with a simple formula - 8x8 pages ... full-sized photo on the left, journaling on the right.

I never seem to make it past the first week of a Thankful 30 or December Daily, but I adore the idea of both! And PL ... also something I'd love to do but I know for a fact that it'll fall by the wayside pretty early on in the game. Are you doing Scrap It | 2018? That's one that I've been able to keep up with.

Comment

I have done a thankful 30 days, and I think I will do it again this year, but I tend to make pretty little journal cards and print them out (I think they are 4x6, so I use some of the journal cards that our clever designers make, and then make some extras with a pretty paper and a frame, an element or two etc), so I can write by hand each day. I keep thinking that I need to try something similar for December, but have never done it yet. Maybe this will be the year?!?! But I think pre-prep'd pages are the way to go for me.

I am catching up wiht Scrap It 2018, just finishing up August (summer is always where I fall behind!), but I will complete it and that will get printed into a photbook/yearbook. It is one of the few things that I actually get properly printed!

Comment

• Donnatopia
        Donnatopia commented
        Editing a comment
        oh,I love the idea of using journal cards for Thankful 30....I may have to try that this year.

I am plodding along with a weekly project life style project.
      We don't celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving though and this December we're travelling so I will just do a travel album once we get back.

Comment

So funny that you ask Kat. Just yesterday I read an email that gave a list of 30 prompts for gratitude in November. As I read through them I thought that they would make some great scrapbook page ideas. I did a December daily album quite a few years ago and still love to look at it. I think that a November Daily about gratitude will be a fun one to create. Don't know if it is ok to link the 30 day gratitude prompt here so I won't unless someone tells me it is ok and wants to see it too.

Comment

I think I NEED to do a Thankful 30 this year. It's time to remember the good things in my life, rather than being overwhelmed by the bad! Thanks for a reminder Kat!
          Save
          Save

Comment

I've tried doing a Thankful project in November, never seem to finish one. I may try again this year. I do, however, love DD and this will be my 7th year doing it. I do 6x8, fairly simple pages that I try to have mostly ready to go before December starts so that all I have to do is plop in photos and some journaling. It's one of my fav projects of the year. I plugging along with PL this year, but haven't started thinking about next year yet.

Comment

I'm planning on trying Thankful 30 this year. I did do DYD one December years ago. But didn't really like that a lot to continue.

Comment

I'll have a lot going on in December, but I think that will give me the perfect reason to document things - so much change!

Comment

Working...
                X