Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates

Help!.

I have templates that were designed to have the title in all caps. I want to use both upper and lower case letters. How do I do that? I am getting frustrated with designers that decide that the Title or the journaling have to be all upper case. I think that the customer should be able to choose if they want all all caps or not.

Thanks a bunch for any of your assistance!

As the customer, you can use the template any way you chose. Anything on the template is just a suggestion. Some of my favorite layouts started with a template that morphed into something completely different.

My Gallery

Comment

But some templates only allow you to use all caps in the title and journaling. For instance, one of the templates that is in the Digiscrap Parade (dbi_schooled_tp02,psd) only allows me to use all capitals in both the title and the journaling.

Comment

Can you just change the font, or delete/hide the text box and add your own?

Comment

Judy, it looks to me as though that template was designed using a sans-serif font... which was then simplified (read: flattened to become non-editable, because it's not "legal" for designers to include editable versions of fonts that aren't readily available in the public domain to everyone, in their products)... so the end-users could use those letters as clipping masks.

It was a design/style choice on the part of the designer to make the letters all-caps as opposed to lower-case.

A super easy fix for this is to do what Hillary and Carrie said -- use the template design as your inspiration -- but just hide those text/letter layers and add your own sans-serif font, which will thus be editable. Easy peasy! Should take less than a minute, because it would only involve (a) hiding the original layers, and (b) creating a new text layer using the letters you like. It would basically be just like, say, adding your own dimensional flower elements to a page instead of using the flat flower shapes that a template designer might have included to give an idea for a layout composition.
          ~ Laura ~

Comment

You definitely need to delete those layers and type your own text with the font you like

Comment

I deleted the text boxes and added my own and change to the font I wanted. Problem is, even with that the text still shows up in all capitals.

Guess I will have to deal with it, but the title would look better with upper and lower case.

Comment

• Hillary
                Hillary commented
                Editing a comment
                May I ask what program you are using?

Found the Answer on the Abobe site!
              Ctrl + Shift + Y
              This will put the text back to sentence case or lower case (whatever it should be before it was being forced into all caps

Comment

• Hillary
                Hillary commented
                Editing a comment
                I was just going to suggest this! I am glad you figured it out.

Glad you found a solution.

Just one thing. Did you check the type/font panel? It sounds like your TT was clicked and therefore anything you will type will be only uppercase.

Comment

• AmieN1
                AmieN1 commented
                Editing a comment
                IF she's using PSE- that isn't an option! It used to frustrate me beyond measure! Besides the shortcut she found to fix it- the only other way is to open up a template that doesn't have the all caps option selected to re-set PSE to 'normal' :D

Glad you found the shortcut- I was just going to post that until I read farther down! That used to drive me bonkers too- before I found the shortcut- the only other way is to open up a template that doesn't have the all caps option selected to re-set PSE to 'normal'

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhome View Post
                Found the Answer on the Abobe site!
                Ctrl + Shift + Y
                This will put the text back to sentence case or lower case (whatever it should be before it was being forced into all caps
                I'll have to remember this! thanks for posting it.

Comment

Working...
                X